The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NERFMIRE DOT META

Matshing
Matshing
Soul Shriven
Oblivion dmg + Sloads GG
YJdJq65.jpg
Edited by Matshing on October 24, 2018 12:32AM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good job ZOS you should give yourself a pat on the back.....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always an NB ability in these isn't there.... But Shields... They so OP!

Lol

Lol!

Shields always had counters, now they have the same old counters that got buffed
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kornjona
    kornjona
    ✭✭
    weapon enchant by weapon skill (rending dot) , not nb's skill
    sload is craft set, not nb's skill

using infused weapon, rending dot and blade cloak = easy killing pug

this patch totally broken
    every patch getting worse
    ZOS doesnt consider pvp balance
    ZOS doesnt listen pvper's opinion
    ZOS just listen Q.Q PUG screaming "nerf"

RIP ESO PVP
    <PC NA AD>
    1000+CP 2NBs, 2Templars, 2DKs, 2Sorcs, 1Warden
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The counter to this meta are Hots.

Stack as many as your build can and you then have the breathing room to apply your own pressure.

You can't expect to reliably shield this damage of coarse and unless your class has a good burst heal it's really your only option.

Gone are the days of visible glass cannon specs. You have to go more hybrid now with a focus split on damage and defense.

Just my two cents.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what hot mdk has cinderstorm spammin burning embers (burst: deep breath igneous shield coag even fing shattered rock), oh or use restro 1 n 3 or 5, git gud by bringin these magicka skills in combat while agressors dd like cutting his own nails, maybe upgrade cpu perhaps just ftw?

powelash which now cost 1/2 flame lash to cast. grate
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on October 24, 2018 7:53AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death reports suggest using talons or fossilize....and the game is always right. So screw hots and go offensive with cc's and damage, might also increase your chances. On my Magdk I always felt the need to heal up, but actually going offensive is a Magdks strength here, since several offensive skills like ambers, powerlash and shattering rocks actually will heal you.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

Stack as many as your build can and you then have the breathing room to apply your own pressure.

You can't expect to reliably shield this damage of coarse and unless your class has a good burst heal it's really your only option.

Gone are the days of visible glass cannon specs. You have to go more hybrid now with a focus split on damage and defense.

Just my two cents.

The point is that on some classes there simply is no damage to “split” of you aren’t going with proc set galore. Bleeds are free, procs are free (the opportunity cost of running other things is negligible as they are so strong right now) and the HoTs cost considerable resources. It’s a battle you can’t win.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my two cents.

You can't counter 4-6k dmg every 2s which comes from literally 1 cheap dot and and enchants.

It'll take a lot of hots, a lot of skill slots all to counter a single skill.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just my two cents.

No, you simply cannot and I am not lying. Average values coming based of my stamsorc for healing done and dmg taken.

Assume someone does nothing but rending with a master DW every 9s and light attacks. Light attacks. 1.2ks. Master axes bleed. 1k dps at minimum. Torugs infused oblivion. 2k/s. Torugs infused disease 1k/s + high change of defile. Twin blade and blunt. 1k/s. All of one single rending slashes. That is 6.2k dps and a defile.

For reference vigor is about 1.5k undefiled. FM is about 750 undefiled. Troll king active builds have 2.5k health regen, so 1.25k/s. 3 of the strong hots in the game still don't compare to what happens from a single rending. Add in the unbefouled major defile, you get about 2.1k out of it.
    But wait, there is more. Lets assume the user doesn't just use rending+LA. They use poison injection. Well howdy, that procs another enchant every second on the back bar. Lets slap on another 2k from them.

Now... lets do something cutting edge. Lets assume the user... uses a spammable... Well then, I'm guessing you know what happens. Healing through it isn't possible and if you try, you'll be dead within 10s.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my two cents.

split on damage and defense :thinking:
    bleeds ignore defense :thinking:
    more defensive sets = less healing (scales with weapon and spelldamage) :thinking:

nah f that just run heavy dual wield setups with 2 damage sets of choice and trollking and you get the best of all worlds
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

Just my two cents.

more defensive sets = less healing (scales with weapon and spelldamage) :thinking:

nah f that just run heavy dual wield setups with 2 damage sets of choice and trollking and you get the best of all worlds

You mean run one damage set plus torug's pact and trollking ;)
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weapon glyph proc on dots need to be stopped.
    i really disappointed like devs dont actually test it.
    this patch really encouraging me to quit even more....
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

Just my two cents.

You mean run one damage set plus torug's pact and trollking ;)

at this point you can consider torugs as a damage set lmfao.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    bnGwZIs.png
    2PTWr4m.png

i just gonna put it here, you can give me git gud and l2p, bring it to me, idfc, im doing ok in previous patch
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just my two cents.

Rending + double infused glyphs + Sload's + Surprise attack + LA = 7-8k damage every second.

Are you telling us the counter to this is 500 HPS rapid regen?

Have some insightfuls!
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 24, 2018 10:46AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so beyond broken, shame on anyone abusing it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    @ZOS_RichLambert

we need a hotfix for bleeds proccing offhand enchants on cd, its gamebreaking.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on October 24, 2018 1:48PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so beyond broken, shame on anyone abusing it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    @ZOS_RichLambert

we need a hotfix for bleeds proccing offhand enchants on cd, its gamebreaking.

Not only the Bleeds, but all weapon enchants proccing from the very same action. If that’s really a bug fix then I want to know who had the original idea that this is good design.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From design stand point I see no issue in DoTs proccing enchant. But why does DW get to have 2 fully powered enchants with 2 fully powered traits that proc every tick of already strong DoT is beyond me. Using brawler, poison injection or clench doesnt even compare to this so yes.. DW is the broken one and has to be addressed.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proc on dot shouldn't carry over when you switch bars too.
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    There are several layers to thus clusterf*ck:

i) enchants procing on dots,
    ii) DW having acess to two full power enchantsnts, and
    iii) enchants procing on backbar

I would suggest addressing ii) and iii), which I suspect are unintended. If that is not enough, I would review i).
    Edited by raistin87 on October 24, 2018 3:59PM
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

Just my two cents.

Rending + double infused glyphs + Sload's + Surprise attack + LA = 7-8k damage every second.

Have some insightfuls!

Yup, clearly I said hot, singular (rolles eyes)

I also didn't say stack as many as your build would allow. ( I personally run 3, not including TK or natural health regen)

However, everyone keep running around yelling "The sky is falling" it's been like this every patch since release and it gets a bit entertaining after a while.

Not all dots ignore resistances or shields and sloads is dodgeable. However people like to cite rotations in a vacuum, which only happens if you are afk or playing a turreting test dummy.

I just wish people in general would try adjusting to new metas before going bat %#!* crazy.

Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS... Please address these changes noted in the patch notes and don’t break other things.

1. All Weapon Enchantments now correctly proc 100% of the time when not on cooldown when any Light Attack, Heavy Attack, or weapon ability deals damage.

2. When Dual Wielding, casting a weapon ability can now proc the Weapon Enchantment of either weapon. The system will favor proccing a Weapon Enchantment that is not on cooldown.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just my two cents.

Have some insightfuls!

Yup, clearly I said hot, singular (rolles eyes)

I also didn't say stack as many as your build would allow. ( I personally run 3, not including TK or natural health regen)

However, everyone keep running around yelling "The sky is falling" it's been like this every patch since release and it gets a bit entertaining after a while.

Not all dots ignore resistances or shields and sloads is dodgeable. However people like to cite rotations in a vacuum, which only happens if you are afk or playing a turreting test dummy.

I just wish people in general would try adjusting to new metas before going bat %#!* crazy.

Not the same here bud but you'll figure it out soon enough. Those 3 hots are gonna buy you 2 more seconds of life before falling like a day one pvpr wondering wth just happened. I'm running it for *** and giggles till the inevitable nerf. No one can counter me. No one even comes close. :D
    Edited by Callous2208 on October 24, 2018 4:56PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *~★__JuSt sLoT pURge!__★~*
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Just my two cents.

No, you simply cannot and I am not lying. Average values coming based of my stamsorc for healing done and dmg taken.

Assume someone does nothing but rending with a master DW every 9s and light attacks. Light attacks. 1.2ks. Master axes bleed. 1k dps at minimum. Torugs infused oblivion. 2k/s. Torugs infused disease 1k/s + high change of defile. Twin blade and blunt. 1k/s. All of one single rending slashes. That is 6.2k dps and a defile.

For reference vigor is about 1.5k undefiled. FM is about 750 undefiled. Troll king active builds have 2.5k health regen, so 1.25k/s. 3 of the strong hots in the game still don't compare to what happens from a single rending. Add in the unbefouled major defile, you get about 2.1k out of it.
    But wait, there is more. Lets assume the user doesn't just use rending+LA. They use poison injection. Well howdy, that procs another enchant every second on the back bar. Lets slap on another 2k from them.

Now... lets do something cutting edge. Lets assume the user... uses a spammable... Well then, I'm guessing you know what happens. Healing through it isn't possible and if you try, you'll be dead within 10s.

Yea... it's worse than that. Against my build (which runs a minimum of 25k physical 29k spell resist) rending alone, with bleed, does 6200 dps from a sorc with oblivion and shock enchant. No light attacks. Just press the button. Goes up to 6800 with crits.

If said sorc uses another infused torug 2h weapon dot with disease enchant, not even counting the damage of the ability, that goes up to 8900 and 10200 damage with crit.

Sorc wearing torug, agility, infused masters axes, maelstrom 2h axe, oblivion, shock, and disease glyphs. Rending dot, stampede maelstrom dot. Proc bleeds, that's it. Even without bleed proc and no crits 7300 dps guaranteed.

This is dumb.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Just my two cents.

Just asked my stamplar and he didn't seem to agree
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raistin87 wrote: »
    There are several layers to thus clusterf*ck:

i) enchants procing on dots,
    ii) DW having acess to two full power enchantsnts, and
    iii) enchants procing on backbar

I would suggest addressing ii) and iii), which I suspect are unintended. If that is not enough, I would review i).

This right here is very important to remember.

They introduced issue 3 in previous patch. And that logic is OK.

I strongly suspect issue 2 is a bug. In patch notes they specifically state that an action should choose one enchant, and prefer one not on cooldown. This tells me that any action (LA, skill etc.) is not supposed to proc both enchants at the same time.

Issue 1 is however something that should never have been done. The second i heard this, i knew how much of an issue it would be. How the Dev team did not see this coming from a mile away, is beyond me.

Combine these 3 things together, and they multiply eachother.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just my two cents.

Have some insightfuls!

In order to counter all the NBs coming out of stealth and doing their normal crap + this, I need to combine roll + heal + healing ward spam + resto ult and gain distance. I can't name anything else that requires that, and I pity stamina players. I've already seen an entire zerg use it (30+ ). Surprisingly it didn't kill me instantly though, and I survived for like 30 seconds. Quite strange and I wonder if there is another bug masked beneath it that is beneficial for victims, it certainly seems easier to survive it when there is more than one person doing it from what I've seen. Maybe I just roll more and pay more attention the more people attack me...hm...someone investigate!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe that’s what ZOS meant with “raise the floor”.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we somehow could convince them the enchant changes disables the crown store we would see a fix in a few hours.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 25, 2018 12:57PM