The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

RIP magic classes

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
RIP magic classes you'll be missed.... :'(:'(

Dual wield bleed, proc, spin to win, cost increase poison meta builds even stronger and are here to stay! Major Defile with Fears / bleeds on WWs just tearing all magic classes to shreds in BGs, I'll miss playing my magic classes :(
It will never be the same
Edited by hesobad on October 22, 2018 5:56PM
Ad Victoriam!
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    why will you miss it? Just keep playing mag classes and bag all the stam bois that cant get away as fast cos of swift/major expedition nerf lol
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the 4 BGs I made today, I've seen nothing but magsorcs shredding people to pieces. They certainly don't feel "nerfed"...
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    During the 4 BGs I made today, I've seen nothing but magsorcs shredding people to pieces. They certainly don't feel "nerfed"...

They're different because they give the illusion of being crazy good in damage, its just endless fury kill stealing. a mag sorc can not kill a stam nb or any stam class of equal skill due to rending bleeds and Damage health poisons / cost increase poisons. Mag DK with fossilize and Zaan still does ok, but one fear from a WW is pretty much game over for a mag dk in light armor running high damage low stam
    Edited by hesobad on October 22, 2018 5:54PM
    Ad Victoriam!
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I got annoyed at ZOS screwing with magblade sustain and whip sustain for this reason more than anything else. It's hard to be viable when you have no resources

Like I don't even care about shields anymore. Give magic something
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? Cost increase poisons are down to 10% now so how is that a problem anymore?
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? Cost increase poisons are down to 10% now so how is that a problem anymore?

Doesn't matter, its still too strong in no CP dude. With smaller shields sorcs are going to have to rely on a healer to stay alive since mutagen / rapid regen doesn't do enough healing to bring a sorc up while shield stacking, and with smaller shields sorcs are spamming hardened more no in burst damage situations which is killing their magicka of course, so even with a 10 % increase, it is still a HUGE cost increase and draining their magic like crazy. Even if I was wrong, the fact that they changed enchants so that rending can proc the enchant on both weapons still means that stamina has higher upfront burst due to those 2 going off simultaneously. #stammeta
    Edited by hesobad on October 22, 2018 7:00PM
    Ad Victoriam!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try heavy armor maybe?
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try heavy armor maybe?

This.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Played a few BG's on my Magblade, even with a nerfed set (Impreg) and some nerfed skills i can still do what i did before so i really dont see any problem.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »

Dual wield bleed, proc, spin to win, cost increase poison meta builds even stronger and are here to stay! Major Defile with Fears / bleeds on WWs just tearing all magic classes to shreds in BGs, I'll miss playing my magic classes :(

Try the Magicka Warden or Stam if you like Stam a bit more. I have both. I tested my CP 768 Mag Warden this morning after some CP adjustments and wrecked dungeons Solo. yes, no death and NO SHIELD. LOL. I never popped Annulment. Mag Wardens to me are in a good spot atm. I know the Bear got nerfed and all that but it is working well. Mag Sorc, not so much but I have yet to run it through a dungeon due to the Server being taken offline for maintenance.

My Mag Warden sits at over 20K Physical and Spell resistance buffed so the shield isn't needed as much. Just put the CP points in Bastion into something for Defence such as Light Armour focus.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    magplar in BG doing really great here so far
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try the Magicka Warden or Stam if you like Stam a bit more. I have both. I tested my CP 768 Mag Warden this morning after some CP adjustments and wrecked dungeons Solo. yes, no death and NO SHIELD. LOL. I never popped Annulment. Mag Wardens to me are in a good spot atm. I know the Bear got nerfed and all that but it is working well. Mag Sorc, not so much but I have yet to run it through a dungeon due to the Server being taken offline for maintenance.

My Mag Warden sits at over 20K Physical and Spell resistance buffed so the shield isn't needed as much. Just put the CP points in Bastion into something for Defence such as Light Armour focus.
    This is the Battlegrounds & Dueling forum :wink:
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are unplayable now in BG dead in seconds
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

I do well unless it’s a full stam lobby in that case I’m rip instantly it’s like both teams play who can kill the sorc faster lol
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    rumple9 wrote: »

I do well unless it’s a full stam lobby in that case I’m rip instantly it’s like both teams play who can kill the sorc faster lol
    This is how it's been for my Magicka Warden for a while now; there is a huge difference in difficulty between surviving against Stam dps and surviving against Mag dps. I often find it easier to survive against a Mag DK, even when I'm a Stage 4 Vampire, than I do against pretty much any random Stam char. The top end Stam players that I run into are vastly more dangerous than the top end Mag players, and ZOS just keeps making it worse by buffing Stam damage output even more, while simultaneously nerfing Mag survivability.

Sure, Stam got somewhat of a reduction in mobility this patch, but it was already so over the top that they're still more than fine. When you factor in the constant weapon procs (from both bars, simultaneously) that they're capable of now, on top of bleeds already being overpowered, the imbalance of power between Stam and Mag has become more obvious than ever before. With this patch you'll be eating a Rending Slashes tick, Twin Blade and Blunt tick, and 2 enchants every 2 seconds, all off of one ability activation + light attack, before they switch to the 2h bar...and their proc bleeds were already comparable to my best DOT. It's really quite ridiculous, and I guess I picked a bad time to start playing the game again. Here's hoping ZOS doesn't wait 6+ months to do something about it.
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    Try heavy armor maybe?

Magicka has no access to bleeds and limited access enchants (no dw and no dots on resto). Also, there is no 7th, fury or ravager for magicka. This mean no tier 1 damage sources for you.

So if you switch to heavy, you go from dying and occasionally killing something to dying a bit less and never killing anyone.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO STAM OR GO CRY
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raistin87 wrote: »
    Try heavy armor maybe?

Magicka has no access to bleeds and limited access enchants (no dw and no dots on resto). Also, there is no 7th, fury or ravager for magicka. This mean no tier 1 damage sources for you.

So if you switch to heavy, you go from dying and occasionally killing something to dying a bit less and never killing anyone.

You can play heavy armor and still use any light damage sets such as that new one, spell strategist, which marks your target for an extra 500 spell damage plus two more spell damage bonuses. That’s 758 spell damage with nearly 100% uptime, arguably better than any heavy damage set. Just put it on jewelry and weapons and it’s lien fury except you don’t have to take damage. You get to dictate when and where it sets up. Its alchemist without needing to use your potion and ravager except it can have almost 100% uptime on any class instead of only really working off one skill.
    Edited by Vapirko on October 26, 2018 9:10AM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Try heavy armor maybe?

You can play heavy armor and still use any light damage sets such as that new one, spell strategist, which marks your target for an extra 500 spell damage plus two more spell damage bonuses. That’s 758 spell damage with nearly 100% uptime, arguably better than any heavy damage set. Just put it on jewelry and weapons and it’s lien fury except you don’t have to take damage. You get to dictate when and where it sets up. Its alchemist without needing to use your potion and ravager except it can have almost 100% uptime on any class instead of only really working off one skill.

How you gonna sustain with 2 damage glyphs and no sustain set
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Try heavy armor maybe?

How you gonna sustain with 2 damage glyphs and no sustain set

there is no need to sustain because you will die faster than your magicka will depleted. the thing is resistances means nothing with this oblivion-bleeding meta. you will melt in heavy impreg+brass as fast as in any light set
    Edited by oxygen_thief on October 26, 2018 1:13PM
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speak for yourself. My templar just went supernova with the new Bright-Throat set. Better than ever.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought I heard whining but maybe it was the creaking of a turning wheel.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    Speak for yourself. My templar just went supernova with the new Bright-Throat set. Better than ever.

OKAY, I'll show you the power of what Zenimax wants in this meta. Come against my dual wield torugs build and I'll show you why magic builds can not compete in any pvp aspect unless you're zerging
    Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO STAM OR GO CRY

Oh yeah, I've converted all my magic classes for PvE purposes. Running my stam nb torugs and viper and I can kill pretty much any magic build with just light attacking and cloaking
    Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try heavy armor maybe?

pretty much nailed it, there is no option for magic outside of light armor. Stamina can run heavy all day and absolutely rip thru people. a magic build tries it and gets laughed at. It's sad but this game is geared towards stamina. Magic doesn't have bleeds, poisons, lacks good DoT damage, has very very minimal access to minor or major defile unless your a magblade, no steel tornado or executioner, no cheese bow poison inject or draining shot roll dodge, no good healing outside of burst heals, forget about shields in no cp you'll just delay the invevitable death.
    Ad Victoriam!
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try heavy armor maybe?

It's single target only... meaning it's highly situational. Heavy sets such as ravager/7th/ veiled/ fury are leagues better in comparison as they are not limited.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try heavy armor maybe?

5xShackle 5xSpinners 2xSkoria (5h-1m-1l) does ok on my mNB B)
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just another PvP whine thread ... im getting so bored ...
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try heavy armor maybe?

(no dots on resto).

Skoria procs of restro heavy attack....

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try heavy armor maybe?

(no dots on resto).

Skoria procs of restro heavy attack....
    How much damage do you get from 1 full Resto heavy attack and 1 Skoria proc? Take that number and compare it to the amount of damage that Stam gets from 1 Dual Wield light attack and Rending Slashes application, with weapon enchant procs going off every tick (after the patch today, it'll be one enchant per tick instead of both). Then realize that during the several seconds of you heavy attacking and hoping for a proc to trigger, they've switched bars to their 2h and started using other abilities.