The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Picking a Healer

Tal_72
Tal_72
✭✭
Hello. I'm getting back into the game with a friend (he started a stamblade), and I want to level up a healer for end game content.

For some reason, Templar doesn't click with me, so I am looking at alternatives. I see @TaeSah has spent an enormous amount of time testing and writing about Sorc healers. Are these accepted? I also notice one of her more recent posts seems to hint that Sorcs have been nerfed pretty hard. So if that is a no go, I'm thinking perhaps Warden. That said, I am open to any class that is fun and interesting. Bonus points if it has synergy when grouping my nightblade friend. Thanks.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear *

Yeah Sorcs are fine healers. The way I see it is: Templar=Warden>Sorc>>DK=NB

Shields did get a bit of a nerf pve wise, however pets are now immortal in group content (dungeons/trials).
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭
    Thank you for correcting my reference to @Tasear
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u put nb last because they lack utility/group support right, cuz their heals are insanely strong and even better now with funnel buff and path buff, but dang man we really do need more group utility and synergy lol, we have basically none whatsoever @Sparr0w
    Edited by rabidmyers on October 22, 2018 3:47PM
    at a place nobody knows
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taesah sounds like a cool name. ;)

Templar, Warden, Sorc have solid places. There were some issues but you should be able to enjoy either for your goal.

• Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Templar, Warden, Sorc have solid places. There were some issues but you should be able to enjoy either for your goal.

Thanks for your reply.

Edit - Was going to ask for more detail, but I think you hit it in the other thread in the forum that is more read :). Bottom line -- sorc is not meta, but viable for dungeons and probably in some trials--but not at top end--which means you may have a harder time being accepted unfortunately. I may try it later and do Warden first. Thank you.
    Edited by Tal_72 on October 22, 2018 9:46PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tal_72 wrote: »

Thanks for your reply.

Edit - Was going to ask for more detail, but I think you hit it in the other thread in the forum that is more read :). Bottom line -- sorc is not meta, but viable for dungeons and probably in some trials--but not at top end--which means you may have a harder time being accepted unfortunately. I may try it later and do Warden first. Thank you.

I use it for in veteran trials. Other more competitive players do so too.
  • Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks. Perhaps there is hope then :). I think I may give it a shot---at least level a sorc when I'm not duoing with my friend on a warden. I still have a lot to learn, so I appreciate your patience. Will check out your build page.

BTW, I know you go Bosmer--but is that required for it to work? Can I go more magicky?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played templar, warden, sorceror and dragonknight healers. Dragonknight was the worst by far, although they might be better now (as of today) because they just got a buff to their Ash Cloud skill.
    Warden is my current favorite as a healer, because they're tops at area-of-effect healing. They're great in trials.
    My favorites, in order:
    1. warden
    2. templar
    3. sorceror
    4. anything else

I've never tried a nightblade healer, so not sure where that would fall on my list.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your reply.

Sorc is going to be pretty meta this patch.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u put nb last because they lack utility/group support right, cuz their heals are insanely strong and even better now with funnel buff and path buff, but dang man we really do need more group utility and synergy lol, we have basically none whatsoever @Sparr0w
    Sorcerer do good damage to this is very relevant in dungeons there healing is often an part time job. How much healing is needed depend on content and group. NB is also strong here.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@rabidrufus64 Didn't get the notification for some reason... Yeah NB's, although they have insane healing capability lack any form of synergy and a lot of group utility other classes have, unfortunately for end game I'd have to put them last. For dungeons and PvP the order does change up as these things are less important.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks. Perhaps there is hope then :). I think I may give it a shot---at least level a sorc when I'm not duoing with my friend on a warden. I still have a lot to learn, so I appreciate your patience. Will check out your build page.

BTW, I know you go Bosmer--but is that required for it to work? Can I go more magicky?

@Tal_72 Argonian>Highelf/Breton>Darkelf>Anything else. Though with healing any class is viable as it's more about awareness, buffs & debuffs than pure healing strength.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    @Tal_72 Argonian>Highelf/Breton>Darkelf>Anything else. Though with healing any class is viable as it's more about awareness, buffs & debuffs than pure healing strength.
    I would say Argonian>Dark Elf>High Elf>Breton>Anything else. Dark Elves not only have high magicka, but also have a resistance to fire that's extremely useful in dungeons.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@rabidrufus64 Didn't get the notification for some reason... Yeah NB's, although they have insane healing capability lack any form of synergy and a lot of group utility other classes have, unfortunately for end game I'd have to put them last. For dungeons and PvP the order does change up as these things are less important.

yeah i still never discarded my nb healer and never will, i play it because i like it and im good at it but i do have high hopes that they will one day add utility to us but until then ima keep healing on it
    at a place nobody knows
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah i still never discarded my nb healer and never will, i play it because i like it and im good at it but i do have high hopes that they will one day add utility to us but until then ima keep healing on it

@rabidrufus64 Same here & my NB tank, only thing I've not tanked on him is vAS+2, vCR+2/3 & vHoF
  • Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »

Why do you say this? What do they offer from their class arsenal that has changed besides pet not dying?

From what people have said, their utility (beyond heals) comes from sets or shared abilities.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »

Why do you say this? What do they offer from their class arsenal that has changed besides pet not dying?

From what people have said, their utility (beyond heals) comes from sets or shared abilities.

For competitive end game you want to stack as much DPS as possible. Sorcerer DPS cannot compete with Nightblade, so many groups have started bringing all Nightblade DD’s. However the unique buffs Sorcerer brings (Minor Prophecy, Minor Intellect and Conduit synergy) are important, so a sorcerer healer is necessary. All of the classes have a unique group buff, so the other healer would be a Templar for Minor Sorcery, and the tank’s would be a DK and a Warden for Minor Brutality and Minor Toughness.

None of this really matters for anything other than pushing high scores though. And while Sorcerers bring some great group benefits for a hybrid damage/heal build, Templars and Wardens both have access to more healing abilities.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 23, 2018 9:43PM