The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Access to content I paid for

LadyJohanna
Dear ZOS:

I've been playing ESO for about 1-1/2 years avidly now. I've been a subscriber (because once you go Craft Bag, you can never go back), and I adore the game. I feel that ZOS is a very generous company that created an amazing game with a superb community, that only keeps getting better with each new content release. Much kudos for that!

Literally, my only abiding gripe and concern is this: I paid real money to get the Imperial Edition. I love Imperials as a race and have multiple on the NA server. Problem is, I also play on the EU server. Where I cannot access this content I paid for. I get Crowns every month as my stipend for subscribing. They are available on both servers, but I can only spend them on one server at a time.

Just curious to know why this is so? Why are my Crowns account bound, but my Crown items and real-money purchases are server bound? That makes no sense to me. Why does my account and monthly subscription stipend span both servers, but purchases made with my account are only applied to one? I feel like I'm having to spend money twice for no reason, even though I only have one account. That's always puzzled me and I'd really like to see this addressed.

I love both server communities and am on both for different reasons, but I feel like cross-server players are being handed the short end of the ZOS stick.

I'm absolutely happy and satisfied with everything else about this game and your business model. So far every interaction I've had with Customer Service has been very helpful and positive. Keep up the great work! Would like to see this concern addressed, however. I would love to crate some Imperial characters on my secondary server, without spending additional money, since I've already made that purchase once. And while we're at it, have my in-game Crown purchases applied to both servers, like my Crowns are. I feel like my poor EU characters are always going to be lagging behind my NA characters, and how is that fair to them? It's not. Please address their plight, I beg of you.They need nice things too!

Thanks for listening, and have an amazing weekend!!!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they started keeping Crown purchases specific to the server due to technical limitations, and maybe they figured people would not jump servers much. Of course, there is the financial boon from duplicate purchases, and that keeps the ZOS Director of Piles 'o Gold happy. :smile:

Now? Imagine the screaming for refunds if they did it. I shudder to think.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS:

I've been playing ESO for about 1-1/2 years avidly now. I've been a subscriber (because once you go Craft Bag, you can never go back), and I adore the game. I feel that ZOS is a very generous company that created an amazing game with a superb community, that only keeps getting better with each new content release. Much kudos for that!

Literally, my only abiding gripe and concern is this: I paid real money to get the Imperial Edition. I love Imperials as a race and have multiple on the NA server. Problem is, I also play on the EU server. Where I cannot access this content I paid for. I get Crowns every month as my stipend for subscribing. They are available on both servers, but I can only spend them on one server at a time.

Just curious to know why this is so? Why are my Crowns account bound, but my Crown items and real-money purchases are server bound? That makes no sense to me. Why does my account and monthly subscription stipend span both servers, but purchases made with my account are only applied to one? I feel like I'm having to spend money twice for no reason, even though I only have one account. That's always puzzled me and I'd really like to see this addressed.

I love both server communities and am on both for different reasons, but I feel like cross-server players are being handed the short end of the ZOS stick.

I'm absolutely happy and satisfied with everything else about this game and your business model. So far every interaction I've had with Customer Service has been very helpful and positive. Keep up the great work! Would like to see this concern addressed, however. I would love to crate some Imperial characters on my secondary server, without spending additional money, since I've already made that purchase once. And while we're at it, have my in-game Crown purchases applied to both servers, like my Crowns are. I feel like my poor EU characters are always going to be lagging behind my NA characters, and how is that fair to them? It's not. Please address their plight, I beg of you.They need nice things too!

Thanks for listening, and have an amazing weekend!!!

Rookie mistake #1: never pay money for stuff on both servers, when paying for in-game goods with crowns, it is best to stay glued to the one mega server that suits you and your internet, preferably with best performance and vice versa, that is why I stuck to the NA server, because it is better than EU and not to mention problems are more frequent on the EU servers than they are on NA.
    Edited by Skullstachio on October 20, 2018 1:31PM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.