The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

~ZOS is developing a NEW GAME!~

MisterBigglesworth
MisterBigglesworth
✭✭✭✭✭
https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1998
Join the team at ZOS and work on an exciting new IP!

Responsibilities:
  • Implement core engine tech
  • Turn engine architectural goals into reality
  • Develop core engine components (threading, object system, memory management, file system, etc.)
  • Work with engineers, artists, designers, world builders, and producers to match core engine features and performance to the game’s vision

4/16/2019 Update! several new positions have been posted and they all make mention of "the studio’s next AAA project"
Some highlights:

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/2339
Animation Engineer - technical knowledge of Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/2328
Principal Weapon Artist - experience creating weapon models for third and first person camera views

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/2335
Gameplay Engineer - Code to clearly defined performance and memory usage specs :trollface:

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/2350
Lead Level Designer - work experience with 3D world and level building tools such as UE4, Unity, etc

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/2392
Senior Systems Designer - Responsibilities:
  • Progression systems
  • Weapon and gear design
  • Roleplaying systems
  • Puzzles and mini-games
More:
Lead Gameplay Camera Designer
Lead Gameplay Engineer
Lead Technical Artist
Lead UX Designer
Principal Lighting Artist
Producer/Project Manager
Edited by MisterBigglesworth on April 17, 2019 1:41AM
Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what that job listing is for, but I know they've started working on the next Elder Scrolls single-player game.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely sure why they're always insistent on reinventing the wheel each time.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I don't know what that job listing is for, but I know they've started working on the next Elder Scrolls single-player game.

Zos won't be working on the new elder scrolls, Bethesda will.

Different companies.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a new game that's just the crown store
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Different companies.

Yeah different companies under Zenimax
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... what's the point? Blizzard has like several IPs already.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Responsibilities:
    • Develop core engine components (threading, object system, memory management, file system, etc.)
    • Work with engineers, artists, designers, world builders, and producers to match core engine features and performance to the game’s vision

Not sure why you got an awesome; does someone think this is good news? I noticed the same thing a while back when perusing their careers section.

To those who don't know, when a dev team starts working on a new product their other products get put in "maintenance" mode. This means only defect fixes and small improvement opportunities. This is also often a time when more dev and testing gets moved "offshore" (ie contractors in India), since all the good company devs and architects are moving to the new product.

So expect new releases to be focused on re-use - of assets, logic, etc. Less new development requiring code changes. And those changes that do come through will be low quality, which will be made manifest in 1-3 years when the mess of code becomes unmaintainable.

It's really been obvious for a while that they're moving in this direction though.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't it. Check the requirements: they want a MMO engine programmer.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elder Scrolls - Single player
    Elder Scrolls Online - MMO
    Elder Scrolls Legends - CCG

There is something missing...

Elder scrolls BATTLE ROYAL - Welcome to CYRODILL! 40 players battle it out to be last one standing and crowned emperor! The map shrinks down with time so watch out! Grab your swords, spells, and armor. There can be only one true emperor!
    Edited by karekiz on October 18, 2018 9:06PM
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    must be the reason why they are killing ESO with those nerfs each patch and making people quit lol.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

Responsibilities:

Not sure why you got an awesome; does someone think this is good news? I noticed the same thing a while back when perusing their careers section.

To those who don't know, when a dev team starts working on a new product their other products get put in "maintenance" mode. This means only defect fixes and small improvement opportunities. This is also often a time when more dev and testing gets moved "offshore" (ie contractors in India), since all the good company devs and architects are moving to the new product.

So expect new releases to be focused on re-use - of assets, logic, etc. Less new development requiring code changes. And those changes that do come through will be low quality, which will be made manifest in 1-3 years when the mess of code becomes unmaintainable.

It's really been obvious for a while that they're moving in this direction though.

Should just revert to eso vanilla until the servers die.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want ESO 2.
  • PyroDes86
    PyroDes86
    ✭✭
    Do the responsibilities include fixing previous known server issues?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old news. :smile: They hired a Creative Director for the game months ago, and he has been actively looking for people to join his team.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they'll have an ESO realm reborn moment since their servers are horrendous as ever in end-game content (both PvP/PvE).
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭

Responsibilities:

I bet they are looking for new ppl to try to fix ESO
    But it's impossible XD
    Oooor ... Possible... The are looking some ppl to work with Fallout 76
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Different companies.
    Yeah different companies under Zenimax

And?
    confused24.gif
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax has been working on a new IP for 5ish plus years now. Nothing new here.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, it's good that they are no longer having all their eggs in one basket.

But with the MMO genre in flux, I am not sure how wise it is to put out a new IP as an MMO.

It will be new teams likely, so, ESO will still be worked on. So, the sky still isn't falling.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokov wrote: »

Responsibilities:

I bet they are looking for new ppl to try to fix ESO
    But it's impossible XD
    Oooor ... Possible... The are looking some ppl to work with Fallout 76

No. They are working on Game 2.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great, another game to ruin...
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering they have a massive studio and they are actually owned by a larger publisher / company that owns a buttload of successful and recognizable IP's as well as their own MMO engine and server architecture. . .

this is not surprising in the least, I would be more surprised If they NEVER expanded to more games

a lot of the work is already done (engine, servers, man power) im sure the will expand to handle two games at once (usually you hire a buttload of people for initial development then let a lot of them go post launch)

I would have suggested a fallout MMO about a year ago but with 76 I don't know if that would be too close even though they will be radically different games, and would still love to see a fallout mmo.

other IP's are (but not limited to)
    -dishonored (love these games)
    -doom (BFG division anyone?)
    -elder scrolls (obviously)
    -fallout
    -the evil within
    -prey
    -quake
    -rage
    -starfield
    -Wolfenstein

it could be a completely new IP but the cash is in MMO versions of existing IP's (easy to market and established audience / lore / gameplay / etc.)

im still leaning towards fallout, especially because mainline fallout games use the same engine as elder scrolls games, so the mmo versions could use the same to keep the consistency off "this is what the mmo version looks like" and fallout has massive appeal (iirc fallout 4 is Bethesda's best selling game) and it would not completely bite into 76's audience as they are very different games.

in fact you would have a spectrum between single player experience all the way up to full blown MMO.

so im still betting on fallout, what do you all think?
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    considering they have a massive studio and they are actually owned by a larger publisher / company that owns a buttload of successful and recognizable IP's as well as their own MMO engine and server architecture. . .

this is not surprising in the least, I would be more surprised If they NEVER expanded to more games

a lot of the work is already done (engine, servers, man power) im sure the will expand to handle two games at once (usually you hire a buttload of people for initial development then let a lot of them go post launch)

I would have suggested a fallout MMO about a year ago but with 76 I don't know if that would be too close even though they will be radically different games, and would still love to see a fallout mmo.

-fallout
    -the evil within
    -prey
    -quake
    -rage
    -starfield
    -Wolfenstein

it could be a completely new IP but the cash is in MMO versions of existing IP's (easy to market and established audience / lore / gameplay / etc.)

im still leaning towards fallout, especially because mainline fallout games use the same engine as elder scrolls games, so the mmo versions could use the same to keep the consistency off "this is what the mmo version looks like" and fallout has massive appeal (iirc fallout 4 is Bethesda's best selling game) and it would not completely bite into 76's audience as they are very different games.

in fact you would have a spectrum between single player experience all the way up to full blown MMO.

Dishonured MMO would be awesome.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 18, 2018 10:21PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

-fallout
    -the evil within
    -prey
    -quake
    -rage
    -starfield
    -Wolfenstein

Dishonured MMO would be awesome.

I remember being given the original and loving it, got the super duper edition of 2 and loved it too, the architecture in those games is AMAZING, I can tell Arcane studio games by the design of buildings alone. the asylum in 2 or the clockwork mansion were just amazingly thought out and designed. and gave you such a playground of ideas and execution before you even got into your powers.

great examples of an open world style game (even though they weren't, I guess sandbox would be the better term) here is a maze of pathways, corridors, and choices, and here is a list of all kinds of various powers, weapons, and skills. . .

. . .now do whatever you want, GO!
    Edited by Wing on October 18, 2018 10:41PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls - Single player
    Elder Scrolls Online - MMO
    Elder Scrolls Legends - CCG

There is something missing...

Elder scrolls BATTLE ROYAL - Welcome to CYRODILL! 40 players battle it out to be last one standing and crowned emperor! The map shrinks down with time so watch out! Grab your swords, spells, and armor. There can be only one true emperor!

Dont try to scare us, its not Halloween yet.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Responsibilities:

Calm down. They are just hiring people to fix sprint lock.
    Edited by Perwulf on October 18, 2018 11:13PM
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ravenarc wrote: »

Responsibilities:

Being a newly employed core tech programmer and working with a team that doesn't know how to fix Sprint lock bug must be the real horror indeed...
    Edited by Revokus on October 18, 2018 11:19PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a new IP then it's not going to be related to this game or any existing game.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sort of supports another commentor's claim to me that this game is EOL internally. This is really sad news.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ravenarc wrote: »

Responsibilities:

No. That's not what it means at all. Usually. Quite the opposite, actually. I am fearful to leave the pub and potentially waste more time on progress in this MMO, to be honest. Or tbh like the hipster kids like to write.