The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Testing needed: DoT + glyphs — interaction with cloak?

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Could someone with PTS access test this, please? Now that weapon DoTs (eg. Rending Slashes) can proc weapon enchantments, I was wondering how this new mechanic would interact with NBs' cloak.

Specifically, if you were to apply Rending to an NB, who subsequently went into cloak, which hypothetical scenario would occur:
  1. Cloak suppresses the DoT ticks, and therefore the weapon glyphs do not proc
  2. DoT damage is suppressed, but the glyphs still proc, dealing direct damage which breaks cloak

...or any other scenario that I might've missed.

Much appreciated.
Edited by TheYKcid on October 17, 2018 3:12PM
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the glyph does proc and break cloak, hopefully it goes live :D:D
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That really shouldnt proc the enchantment tbh as the the dots "miss" when you go into cloak

Ive never seen an enchantment proc after the attack missed so it shouldnt be the case here

Hopefully someone can confirm
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    That really shouldnt proc the enchantment tbh as the the dots "miss" when you go into cloak

Ive never seen an enchantment proc after the attack missed so it shouldnt be the case here

Hopefully someone can confirm

Agree. Cannot argue with logic
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would absolutely love if this brought people out of cloak. Would instantly become mandatory on all my builds.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dots need to deal damage for the enchant to proc. Although this is zos we are dealing with so all rationality is out the window
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.