High weapon damage

MickeyBN
MickeyBN
✭✭✭✭
I have 5pc Hundings 5pc Sheer Venom, all my gear is purple except my 2hander which is gold.

My unbuffed weapon damage sits at 2600 with 1600 Stam recovery.

Every video I watch of people showcasing their builds they all have around 3200 weapon damage and 2400 recovery.....how?

I just don’t get how players obtain that much of each stat.
Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 medium and flawless dawnbreaker. That is 20% more right there, also nirn on a two-hander, gives 235 more weapon damage.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 17, 2018 6:37AM
  • anatole1234
    anatole1234
    ✭✭✭
    Got 6K Weapon damage fully buffed (pretty sure I can push 9k with balorgh) with 2.5k stam recov and 1k mag recov on my stamblade and like 12k pen.

Gotta love those 12k incaps and Assassin's bow procs on cp 780s
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got 6K Weapon damage fully buffed (pretty sure I can push 9k with balorgh) with 2.5k stam recov and 1k mag recov on my stamblade and like 12k pen.

Gotta love those 12k incaps and Assassin's bow procs on cp 780s

Well I didn’t make this thread so people can get their measuring tapes out, I’m after insight to how those stats are possible to obtain.

So if what you said is true, screenshots and explanation please.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    Well I didn’t make this thread so people can get their measuring tapes out...

Some epeens are bigger than others ....
    rolleyes.gif
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s all about optimization of gear,mundus,glyphs

I don’t have any builds with less that 3k WD unbuffed.

This is normally achieved by weapon damage jewelry glyphs

Sets that have WD bonuses like hundings

Nirn Weapon (mainly 2h 4 PvP)

A fighters guild ability or two

Things that inflate WD on character sheets very greatly.

Proc WD sets with cool downs or conditions like. Clever Alchemist,Fury,Seventh, Briarheart, truth, ravager.

Those sets give large WD bonuses that are either not active 100% or conditions to get that damage

Weapon damage glyphs on weapons

Continuous Attack.

These are all conditional. I can hit 11,000 WD but only for brief moments and requires WW, 2 of those sets,WD glyphs,buffs,monster sets.

Don’t worry at one point in time I struggled to get High WD. It’ll come with time

@MickeyBN
    Edited by Koolio on October 16, 2018 11:58PM
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Proc WD sets with cool downs or conditions like. Clever Alchemist,Fury,Seventh, Briarheart, truth, ravager.

Those sets give large WD bonuses that are either not active 100% or conditions to get that damage

Continuous Attack.

These are all conditional. I can hit 11,000 WD but only for brief moments and requires WW, 2 of those sets,WD glyphs,buffs,monster sets.

Don’t worry at one point in time I struggled to get High WD. It’ll come with time

@MickeyBN

Most of my Stam recovery would be sacrificed if I swapped my jewellery glyphs. I understand more or less how to reach high WD, but how people still manage to sit above 2k recovery baffles me.

• Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serpent Mundus stone and dubious Cameron throne drink recipe. Make sure you have a source of major brutality (+20% weapon damage) and if you're a dragon Knight minor brutality
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    Koolio wrote: »

Continuous Attack.

@MickeyBN

Most of my Stam recovery would be sacrificed if I swapped my jewellery glyphs. I understand more or less how to reach high WD, but how people still manage to sit above 2k recovery baffles me.

You could run Bone Pirate and Dubious and maybe have more regen than you have, then you could run all damage glyphs on your jewelry.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 Infused weapon damage enchantments = 278 x 3 = 834 weapon damage

Nirnhoned gold 2hander = 1806 weapon damage

warrior mundus = ~235 weapon damage

medium armor passives + flawless dawnbreaker = 123% weapon damage buff

2875 x 1.23 = 3536 unbuffed weapon damage with 0 set bonuses, plus another 550-600 after activating major brutality, and 645 more coming from an infused weapon damage weapon enchantment. So 4800 is really easy for any build to attain without much sacrifice.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be aware difference between infused with weapon damage and robust with weapon dagame jewerly is small. However weapon damage can be buffed with major brutality and Robust with passive skills. Infused will get slight higher damage but you reduce your stamina pool so also your stustain.

Note that 1000 stamina equals around 95 weapon damage so focus on both for the best game play
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Be aware difference between infused with weapon damage and robust with weapon dagame jewerly is small. However weapon damage can be buffed with major brutality and Robust with passive skills. Infused will get slight higher damage but you reduce your stamina pool so also your sustain.

Note that 1000 stamina equals around 95 weapon damage so focus on both for the best game play

It's a little higher than that. 100 weapon damage is equal to 1049 stamina, so 1000 stam is around 95.32 weapon damage.

Also, typically, you will have a weapon damage modifier that's much higher than your max stamina modifier.

Major Brutality 20%
    Medium Armor 15%
    Flawless Dawnbreaker/DBoS 8%/3%
    Class modifiers 0%-8%
    WW passives 18% (can't be used with fighter's guild skills)

There is actually only 1 skill in the game that increases your max stamina, and it's only accessible to stam sorcs. (Werewolf transformation does as well, while in WW form).

Racial 0%-10%
    CP 20%
    Undaunted mettle 2%-6%
    Bound Armaments 8% (stam sorcs only)
    WW transformation 30% (can't be used with bound armaments)

So non stam sorcs will rarely have a modifier over 134%, all medium armor wearers will have at worst a 138% weapon damage modifier. Typically, though, it will be approaching 150%.

So what you're really looking at is 100 raw weapon damage is equal to around 1550 buffed stamina while 1049 raw stamina is equal to about 1410 buffed stamina. This means that you get about 10% damage from the equivalent amount of WD (100) than you would from 1049 stamina. So it's more like 91 raw weapon damage is equal 1049 raw stamina; or roughly a ratio of 11.5 to 1.

Gold robust jewelry gets you just 870 raw stamina (~1165 buffed stam), while gold infused jewelry gets you 104 weapon damage (~155 buffed weapon damage, equal to around 1625 stamina), so you are typically getting 35%-40% more damage from infused than robust on medium armor stam builds. 3 infused is actually stronger than 4 robust, theoretically, so robust is actually a much worse option. It's only useful for heavy armor stam builds in pvp, since they don't get medium armor's weapon damage increases.

• AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned gold weapon, 3 x jewelry weapon dmg glyphs, warrior mundus, bone pirate, hundings + dubious drink and 1 veli, 1 bloodspawn and you'll reach those stats.

Edited by AAbrigo on October 19, 2018 7:28PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Be aware difference between infused with weapon damage and robust with weapon dagame jewerly is small. However weapon damage can be buffed with major brutality and Robust with passive skills. Infused will get slight higher damage but you reduce your stamina pool so also your sustain.

It's a little higher than that. 100 weapon damage is equal to 1049 stamina, so 1000 stam is around 95.32 weapon damage.

Also, typically, you will have a weapon damage modifier that's much higher than your max stamina modifier.

Major Brutality 20%
    Medium Armor 15%
    Flawless Dawnbreaker/DBoS 8%/3%
    Class modifiers 0%-8%
    WW passives 18% (can't be used with fighter's guild skills)

There is actually only 1 skill in the game that increases your max stamina, and it's only accessible to stam sorcs. (Werewolf transformation does as well, while in WW form).

Racial 0%-10%
    CP 20%
    Undaunted mettle 2%-6%
    Bound Armaments 8% (stam sorcs only)
    WW transformation 30% (can't be used with bound armaments)

So non stam sorcs will rarely have a modifier over 134%, all medium armor wearers will have at worst a 138% weapon damage modifier. Typically, though, it will be approaching 150%.

So what you're really looking at is 100 raw weapon damage is equal to around 1550 buffed stamina while 1049 raw stamina is equal to about 1410 buffed stamina. This means that you get about 10% damage from the equivalent amount of WD (100) than you would from 1049 stamina. So it's more like 91 raw weapon damage is equal 1049 raw stamina; or roughly a ratio of 11.5 to 1.

Gold robust jewelry gets you just 870 raw stamina (~1165 buffed stam), while gold infused jewelry gets you 104 weapon damage (~155 buffed weapon damage, equal to around 1625 stamina), so you are typically getting 35%-40% more damage from infused than robust on medium armor stam builds. 3 infused is actually stronger than 4 robust, theoretically, so robust is actually a much worse option. It's only useful for heavy armor stam builds in pvp, since they don't get medium armor's weapon damage increases.

Great way of putting it. Here is an example using my build and why I invest more in to weapon damage.

6 Med 1 Heavy (+4% sta +15% WD)
    Max CP (+20% Sta)
    Warhorn (+10% Sta, requires group and good uptime)
    Redguard (+10% Sta)

Major Brutality (+20% WD)
    Minor Brutality (+10% WD, requires a DK in the group)

Front Bar:
    Rending Slashes / Hurricane (+2% WD) / Rearming Trap (+3% WD) / Spammable / Bound Armaments (+ 2% WD +8% Sta) [Flawless Dawnbreaker] (+8% WD)

Total's in an optimal setting:
    WD: 15 + 20 + 10 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 8 = 60
    Sta: 4 + 20 + 10 + 10 + 8 = 52

Jewelry: (174 WD Glyph)
    Infused = + 104 WD
    Robust = + 870 Sta (Equivalent of 82.86 WD)

Armor pieces:
    WD: 129
    Sta: 1096 (Equivalent to 104.38 WD)

Not only is there more modifiers for WD, but infused gold jewelry gives you more equivalent WD based on the 10.5/1 formula. Same goes for armor pieces in comparison to WD.

With my modifiers:
    Infused Jewelry = 278.4 WD * 1.6 = 445.44 WD
    Robust Jewelry = (174 WD * 1.6 = 278.4 WD) + (870 Sta * 1.52 = 1322.4 equivalent of 125.94 WD) = 404.34 WD

While a small difference, it's something. It's clear that the reason Sta is valued less for DPS is due it's added benefit of helping with sustain, if you are okay for sustain and a lower pool. WD beats Sta in every scenario of the game. A stam sorc has the +8% sta other classes don't have and a stamplar has +6% weapon dmg while with my setup I only get +4% via class skills so you also have LESS of a reason to focus on Sta on any class but stam sorc.

Stamplar's power of light skills scales on Sta, but with the modiferes, I still don't think a stamplar should value Sta over WD, but I don't play one so I don't know for sure.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 19, 2018 8:54PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused berserker glyph on backbar weapon
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp