The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time to make jumping cost something, preferably the more you jump, the higher the cost

• bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reeling in fish should cost stamina!
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFS all these calls for nerfs/buffs are PvP related and as always screw over PvE players.

PvP adds nothing to ESO either get rid of it or better still create characters that are only for Cyrodil play and have their own abilities that can be balanced to suit PvP.
    Get rid of the PvP aspect of it but keep PvE bc I wanna fight Molag’s simulacrum

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Why do people find jumping so funny?

I don't know about funny, but since back when I played WoW I have used it to judge the emotional age of the player. Basically, count the number of times a character jumps around in some major city over the course of a minute. Subtract that number from the age where the brain is fully emotionally mature, and we have the emotional age of the player. :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about funny, but since back when I played WoW I have used it to judge the emotional age of the player. Basically, count the number of times a character jumps around in some major city over the course of a minute. Subtract that number from the age where the brain is fully emotionally mature, and we have the emotional age of the player. :smile:

Im fudged... Subconsciously jump and lay dots when waiting around lmao. Im 22 though so i've got a few years till emotional maturity :wink:
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But this is the Elder Scrolls ish

I'm just trying to level my acrobatics.
  • NirnChaos
    NirnChaos
    ✭✭✭
    There are enough restrictions/nerf in this game that we must not add more, it's not very problematic if they jump let people have fun.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right, bar swapping should also cost stamina...
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping in PVP need some treatment, it makes difficult to target.

I mean, you can already tab target them.

Also, gotta say, as someone who plays quite a bit of PvP - I've literally never once had jumping be a deciding factor in whether or not I can kill someone (or get killed in turn). I know that's anecdotal, but this is really a non-issue. You can't jump all that high, it doesn't remove you from AoEs... not exactly OP.
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a no from me.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    TOTALLY AGREE... just because they look so... well i guess i cant say bad words here :smile:

It literally makes me wanna kill them more lets just say that... if there is a small group and ones jumping i say kill that guy first LOL
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this community so obsessed with nerfing that we are now going to need a function as basic as jumping?

What's next? Make basic movement cost stam?
    ✭✭✭✭
    All nerfs spring from PVP, the terrible place the mean kids play.

How short memories are that can't hearken back to all the threads griping about nightblade DPS being too desirable in raids. And wherever Wrobel thinks he heard healers crying themselves to sleep about not being needed, they weren't PVP healers. Nerfmire belongs to us all, or you could just blame the people who actually make the decisions.

jump jump jump jump jump

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Each jump will disintegrate durability on your feet armor/boots by 3%, and your leg armor by 1% when you land.
    Each jump has a 15% chance to fail on landing and proc off-balanced, which makes you look clumsy.

Oh, just let them jump. They face plant so much funnier when you cc them mid flight.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind a double jump, and the ability to climb with that nifty animation Quen uses.

Make it cost Stamina (or put it on a separate resource, maybe a few charges), add some bonuses for it into the Legerdemain skill line, and it could be fun.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTF is wrong with all you guys just chill. Some people just really really like caffeine
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this community so obsessed with nerfing that we are now going to need a function as basic as jumping?

What's next? Make basic movement cost stam?

Lol, now that's just silly...
    PS4 NA
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    Why?

To change the mechanic in cyrodiil where people never stop jumping....they put jump in their macro's etc making them obnoxious as can be

I think we should remove jump. People should learn to walk around stuff.

Or we could add a mechanic where in a non pvp area people could build up their jump skill. The higher your jump level the less the energy/resource cost. Perhaps input a craftable jump station for housing that lets you train jump? Then you know those people hacking and abusing jump in pvp have actually put the time in and have earned the right ro jump.

Or we could leave jump in the game as is but add to battlespirit an effect where if you hit the jump button you jump directly up to a hieght where you cannot survive the fall. That would be most effective at punishing those jump macro exploiters.

• Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    Hurtfan wrote: »
    Also if you made your character obese, all stamina skills should cost 10% more.

I never see obese characters. I should make one. Old and obese.

Even the most fatly created characters in this game are just barely busty but nothing more. You CANNOT create anything even sligthly obese.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Hoolielulu wrote: »

I never see obese characters. I should make one. Old and obese.

Even the most fatly created characters in this game are just barely busty but nothing more. You CANNOT create anything even sligthly obese.

You can get frumpy - that's about it.
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Cavedog wrote: »
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    Why?

To change the mechanic in cyrodiil where people never stop jumping....they put jump in their macro's etc making them obnoxious as can be

I think we should remove jump. People should learn to walk around stuff.
    Vaults of Madness might need some attention. And a removal of that short semi-broken bridge across to the boss at the end. ZoS would also need to add a way for a character to 'climb' up items then, like the a couple of the pools you can fall into also within VoM.
    Then you know those people hacking and abusing jump [...]
    Wow. Didn't realise using my thumb could be considered a hack.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭

Eh. If you make your character scrawny instead of thick, they get 20% less Health. Also short characters can't reach high containers (already true).
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I like to jump all over the place explaining trial tactics to people :(
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only if: All physical activities cost stamina, all heavy attacks would cause bleeding that would kill you unless you bandage it, realistic needs and diseases that can kill you, if you run out of stamina you would faint and etc.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :|
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's next... drawing my weapon costs Stamina too?
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no idea why people jump in pvp - makes it easier for me to target, hit and eat their delicious AP!

KEEP JUMPING!
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This guy is seriously asking for a nerf to jumping. Now I have seen everything on the forums.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people hate jumping? lol is this a meme.
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha! No.
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    I demand a stamina cost of 100% on you everytime you make a post.
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC