The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time to make jumping cost something, preferably the more you jump, the higher the cost

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why it matters if people jump. It gives your fingers something to do like keeping tempo with in instrument. No one uses a macro for it. Besides the speed bug it gives no advantage
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope. Stamina is already a joke. My MagSorc can't even run across a room without panting or meet instant death in pvp because of a couple of snares (can't wait for my shield to get neutered in Nerfmire).
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember when someone cried about jumping and the entire forums were filled with troll threads like
    “Bar swap should cost stam”
    “Selling items should cost stam”
    “Logging in should cost stam”
    Lol
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, so that's what all this jump nonsense is about. PvP whining about something else needing a nerf.

Figured it had to be something like that. That's usually the source of incomprehensible nerfs. Nerfs to any sort of mobility in particular. They don't like it when people have more than a snowball's chance in hell of getting away.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can never tell anymore if threads about jumping costs are serious or jokes.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it cost Ultimate
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    It's time to make jumping have a cost associated with it, and for that cost to be progressive, so that the more you jump, the more it costs.

NO. Obviously no.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game needs a double-jump mechanic.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Remember when someone cried about jumping and the entire forums were filled with troll threads like
    Lol

"Heavy jumping should restore stamina"
    Lol
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but only if you are in town jumping for 20 minutes around the wayshrine.

Then your toon should implode and you should be sent back to Coldharbor to think about what you have done.

30 minute time out for being annoying.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jumping in PVP need some treatment, it makes difficult to target.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only if you are in town jumping for 20 minutes around the wayshrine.

Then your toon should implode and you should be sent back to Coldharbor to think about what you have done.

30 minute time out for being annoying.
    Ok but this was amazing to read
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is...so stupid...
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    Why?

To change the mechanic in cyrodiil where people never stop jumping....they put jump in their macro's etc making them obnoxious as can be

Just like the very existence of PVP in this game. Yet another nerf thread from a PVP player dissatisfied with the garbage Cyrodiil experience.

Honestly they should just delete PVP, everybody's problem is solved. I know, I know, there's a huge section of PVP only players - but they're the ones constantly here upset about the state of the game, you'd think it would be clear by now that Cyrodiil is one massive snowball of dung that keeps piling up more crap the longer it goes on. Clearly PVPers are neither satisfied nor having fun - so why continue it?

I wish we could all just abandon it, so ZOS in turn abandons it. Watch all the nerfs, "cost/cooldown," and cyrodiil lag threads disappear from existense....

A golden age for ESO, is what it would be. Seems to me the vast majority of the issues in this game all go back to one part of the game...
    Edited by lagrue on October 15, 2018 8:03PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time to make jumping have a cost associated with it, and for that cost to be progressive, so that the more you jump, the more it costs.

Or we can seriously stop worrying about little things like this, and worry more about the overall performance of the game, so we dont keep zos side track with needless things such as this.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tongue tied and twisted, we're all earth-bound misfits.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    Why?

To change the mechanic in cyrodiil where people never stop jumping....they put jump in their macro's etc making them obnoxious as can be

Just like the very existence of PVP in this game. Yet another nerf thread from a PVP player dissatisfied with the garbage Cyrodiil experience.

Honestly they should just delete PVP, everybody's problem is solved. I know, I know, there's a huge section of PVP only players - but they're the ones constantly here upset about the state of the game, you'd think it would be clear by now that Cyrodiil is one massive snowball of dung that keeps piling up more crap the longer it goes on. Clearly PVPers are neither satisfied nor having fun - so why continue it?

I wish we could all just abandon it, so ZOS in turn abandons it. Watch nerfs threads and "cost/cooldown" threads disappear from existense....

A golden age for ESO, is what it would be.

And then ZOS has to start turning off lights because they lost revenue.

Besides, these are so much easier to have fun with than the PvE nerf threads. PvE nerf threads all have something about the meta or sustain in them, but nerfing jump is awesome.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A resource cost added to jumping because you are annoyed? That's classic. Seek help.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon, the OP has a very valid point. Jumping seriously needs nerfed or at least a hefty stam cost attached. I mean, seriously. I'm not Kris Kross and I'm not here to make you jump.

Maybe if all you jumpers would go buy one of those squishy balls, you know the stress things, you would be able to handle yourselves a little more respectfully.
    PS4 NA
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one of these?
    So basically just take away my x button? (I play PS4). Jumping isn’t even a problem. In any part of the game. Whatsoever.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should also be a cost for breathing, the more your character breaths in-game the higher the cost stacks up on both magicka/stamina.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love when people start talking about others using macros in this game. Makes it so i don't have to read anything further since they just discredited themselves lol.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the sooner they do this the better, for all of us.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can't wait to finish my jump build for cyrodiil :D
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol

That was a fun day.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    Why?

I wish we could all just abandon it, so ZOS in turn abandons it. Watch nerfs threads and "cost/cooldown" threads disappear from existense....

A golden age for ESO, is what it would be.

And then ZOS has to start turning off lights because they lost revenue.

Besides, these are so much easier to have fun with than the PvE nerf threads. PvE nerf threads all have something about the meta or sustain in them, but nerfing jump is awesome.

I don't know. You could consider the reduced costs on the servers, and also the fact that PVPers have a nasty tendency to actually drive people away from the game, especially the streamers who just rag on the game the whole time they play. Then there's also the part where the things they ask for, like shield nerfs, also in turn push the PVErs away and make them quit.

I'm fairly certain ZOS is losing bank by keeping PVP around ;p

I will admit there is some amusement to be had though watching these threads transpire, good toilet reading material.
    Edited by lagrue on October 15, 2018 8:42PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Lol

That was a fun day.

Aaaand it's making a come back. Why do people find jumping so funny?
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna make a thread about how working at the blacksmith station, or mining wood and ore nodes should cost stamina.
    Because these games really need XTREEM micromanaging to be RAELASTIC, MAN!!!one!
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFS all these calls for nerfs/buffs are PvP related and as always screw over PvE players.

PvP adds nothing to ESO either get rid of it or better still create characters that are only for Cyrodil play and have their own abilities that can be balanced to suit PvP.