Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should There Be Blood Pancakes?

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if people are unaware of what that black pudding that they serve over in England and Ireland actually is.
    Or if you are Italian and have had Sanguinaccio (American version San gwin eetch).
    If you are wondering the topicality of it, they are made from blood. PIg's blood, which isn't that far off from vampiric cravings.

Blutwurst mit Grieben

Growing up in Germany, that was (and still is) my favorite sausage. Made with pigs blood.

Put it on a slice of bread, add some spicy German mustard (Scharfer Senf) and you're in for a treat ...
    chowtime.gif
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Fakyy wrote: »
    I wonder if people are unaware of what that black pudding that they serve over in England and Ireland actually is.

Or if you are Italian and have had Sanguinaccio (American version San gwin eetch).

If you are wondering the topicality of it, they are made from blood. PIg's blood, which isn't that far off from vampiric cravings.

Just England and Ireland? ☹️

Well, it's what people in the USA might be familiar with.

You mostly find nothing of the like in the USA. You can still find pig's blood in ethnic shops though.

Yeah but you forgot Wales and Scotland. It's a common food through the UK, not just in England and Ireland.

(And if you were counting Wales and Scotland as being part of England...don't. And best pretend you forgot they exist because that might actually be preferable for any Welsh or Scottish posters.)

I was disappointed when I learned it's just a sort of sausage and not an actual pudding made with blood. :(

Probably for the best though. I still blame the German portion of the fanbase for two large batches of chocolate pudding...

It's actually made of pig's blood.

I'm guessing the issue might be the word pudding. In America pudding specifically refers to a goopy dessert like mousse or blancmange.

Whereas in the UK (and possibly other Commonwealth countries) it can refer to almost anything which goes through a goopy stage while being prepared. So it includes things like Yorkshire Pudding (savoury pastry eaten with a roast dinner) or black pudding (blood sausage). It's also used as an alternative to dessert (for the course, not the specific food, e.g. you might say "I'm having cake for pudding").

Yeah, I was referring to the whole of the UK when I said England, I see the distinction but in the USA we are taught more England than UK I guess. I've only been to Ireland, Northern Ireland and London and they all serve it as a staple of breakfast.
    SirAndy wrote: »

Blutwurst mit Grieben

Growing up in Germany, that was (and still is) my favorite sausage. Made with pigs blood.

Put it on a slice of bread, add some spicy German mustard (Scharfer Senf) and you're in for a treat ...
    chowtime.gif

I've never had the German varieties, but my grandfather used to make Sanguinich (US Italians tend to drop some vowels at the end of stuff, for whatever reason, on a lot of things... and totally mispronounce them afterward).

I'm not against it at all, just pointing out that in the USA it's largely not seen anymore. They don't even allow farmers to feed chicken blood in the grain of chickens anymore (which was a standard of farming for a long time). I think the USA is a little blood squeamish.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, I am undecided, I like pancakes but I also like to keep my blood in my own body.
    I prefer blueberry pancakes.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would love some 'Blood Pancakes'
    Osteos wrote: »
    I prefer blueberry pancakes.

What about 'Blood Pancakes' with blueberries on top? Or Strawberries or Gooseberries on top with some whipped cream.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone loves pancakes!
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brunch.jpg
    Blood Pancakes, with some toppings of course! Werewolves, vampires, and woodelves need their Sunday breakfast too!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I was disappointed when I learned it's just a sort of sausage and not an actual pudding made with blood. :(

Probably for the best though. I still blame the German portion of the fanbase for two large batches of chocolate pudding...

It is, nevertheless, still a sausage and not a pudding in the sense that I am familiar with the term. :cry:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is, nevertheless, still a sausage and not a pudding in the sense that I am familiar with the term. :cry:

True, the base is sausage, but fresh blood is used as the binder, much like tempered eggs or starch slurry are used in western / american cooking. And in many european regions and in UK are "Blood Sauces that are actually a simmered coagulated pigs blood.

Also the tem "Pudding" is dependant on the continent and regions. Just like a "Biscuit" in England can refer to a cookie type confection.

Just my 2 drakes! :)
    Huzzah!

(PS... Yup, chef in RL)...Lol
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on October 16, 2018 12:23AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a Bosmer main yes sounds like a nice Breakfast, is it Khajiit blood or Argonian?
    pdblake wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    live in the us, got a chance in my younger years to work over in germany...

I thought for a while that folks were kidding when they said that some restaurants served blood sausages...

We call 'em black puddings in Yorkshire.

And they're delicious.

Until people try it they have no clue.. It a very tasty food, quite fattening though and yummier than bacon, They do realise they eat fried blood in Steak, Pork and Lamb as well right..

I was born in the UK but moved to Aus, i miss real Pork Pies as well.
    Edited by DanteYoda on October 16, 2018 12:27AM
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    As a Bosmer main yes sounds like a nice Breakfast, is it Khajiit blood or Argonian?

Altmer
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah I never understood their use of "pudding" either.

Anyways, black pudding is quite tasty... though I know some have issues with it when they realize what it actually is.