Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should There Be Blood Pancakes?

Brittany_Joy
Brittany_Joy
✭✭✭✭
I am a strong believer in cultural representation in our culinary craft within ESO. I think there should be Blood Pancakes for Vampires, WoodElves, and Werewolves. The world of Tamriel needs Blood Pancakes otherwise our friendly carnivores would be without a Sunday breakfast. Sunday should be the day for Blood Pancakes...and normal Pancakes for the lesser evolved.

Should There Be Blood Pancakes? 67 votes

Yes, I would love some 'Blood Pancakes'
59%
AH93DanikatBrittany_JoyValen_ByteLoralai_907OmniDobellatrixedG1CountdownDanteYodalzzySomewhereBomblePantsXDark_One13DojohodaChrysa1isBriar_RosemoonpawcMrGravesRR_DF_RaptorRedTirps 40 votes
No thanks, I appreciate your cultural differences but sadly I am lesser evolved and cannot eat 'Blood Pancakes"
14%
otis67SoupDragonHvzedaMannix1958TheDominionPuzzlenutsSydneyGreyAshyachupdblakeRake 10 votes
Maybe, I am undecided, I like pancakes but I also like to keep my blood in my own body.
25%
OsteosLoves_guarsVandrilbottleofsyrupReverbTheShadowScoutChunkyCatLadyNalcaryaMyNameIsEliasTasearRunscheiFroilVicarraNumerikuuRedRookEliteWarriorspartaxoxo 17 votes
  • SaxonCrusader
    SaxonCrusader
    ✭✭✭
    10,000 crowns says someone's gonna get triggered and complain about there not being a vegetarian or vegan alternative.
    You only need three things in life: love, a cold drink, and a sense of humour. : Said the guy who owns this account (Sorry I don't have a better role model who's quote I could steal instead)
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a vegetarian or vegan alternative.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    My multiple vampire characters would love some blood pancakes. 😊
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    I want a vegetarian or vegan alternative.

So like 'normal pancakes'?
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need moar Blood foodz.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    live in the us, got a chance in my younger years to work over in germany...

I thought for a while that folks were kidding when they said that some restaurants served blood sausages...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, I am undecided, I like pancakes but I also like to keep my blood in my own body.
    If it makes people happy and full in the belly <3
    Edited by Tasear on October 15, 2018 1:07AM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if people are unaware of what that black pudding that they serve over in England and Ireland actually is.

Or if you are Italian and have had Sanguinaccio (American version San gwin eetch).

If you are wondering the topicality of it, they are made from blood. PIg's blood, which isn't that far off from vampiric cravings.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN8_vkIUZjU
  • Fiberic
    Fiberic
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if people are unaware of what that black pudding that they serve over in England and Ireland actually is.

Or if you are Italian and have had Sanguinaccio (American version San gwin eetch).

If you are wondering the topicality of it, they are made from blood. PIg's blood, which isn't that far off from vampiric cravings.

Just England and Ireland? ☹️
    Edited by Fiberic on October 15, 2018 1:32AM
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I'm in

the pancake. Yes.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fakyy wrote: »

Well, it's what people in the USA might be familiar with.

You mostly find nothing of the like in the USA. You can still find pig's blood in ethnic shops though.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I was disappointed when I learned it's just a sort of sausage and not an actual pudding made with blood. :(

Probably for the best though. I still blame the German portion of the fanbase for two large batches of chocolate pudding...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was disappointed when I learned it's just a sort of sausage and not an actual pudding made with blood. :(

Probably for the best though. I still blame the German portion of the fanbase for two large batches of chocolate pudding...

It's actually made of pig's blood.

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Point is, there are a number of blood based foods in the real world.

Some sort of black pudding type vampire treats wouldn't be so bizzare ;p
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you make a pancake without eggs and flour though? Can vampires even digest flour and eggs? Are bosmer permitted to eat flour? How would this even work?!

(Also, there is a variant Portuguese chourico that has blood in it. It's delicious.)
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • johnbonne
    johnbonne
    ✭✭✭

This also works with the OP's suggestion because it's oft found in a Full English breakfast, and this is a thread about brekky. So vampires, werewolves and other folk can enjoy it in the morning (if they're awake then. Does a vampire have breakfast at midnight, or is supper the first meal of the day?)
    "A question requires an answer, a set of facts has only a result. An answer raises further questions, but a result is indisputable." - Imperial Commander Ryland Kline, Warhammer Siege
    PC EU
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why, but eh, I wouldn't be in the way for it?
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, gimme some of those and I would be happy (both irl and in-game) :D

veriletut1.jpg
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gross. Blood sausage is bad enough
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of black pudding in real life and I don't imagine blood pancakes would be any better, but my characters do all kinds of things I wouldn't do. So sure, why not.

Although I assume it would give the same bonuses whether it was eaten by a vampire or anyone else.
    Fakyy wrote: »

Well, it's what people in the USA might be familiar with.

You mostly find nothing of the like in the USA. You can still find pig's blood in ethnic shops though.

Yeah but you forgot Wales and Scotland. It's a common food through the UK, not just in England and Ireland.

(And if you were counting Wales and Scotland as being part of England...don't. And best pretend you forgot they exist because that might actually be preferable for any Welsh or Scottish posters.)

It's actually made of pig's blood.

I'm guessing the issue might be the word pudding. In America pudding specifically refers to a goopy dessert like mousse or blancmange.

Whereas in the UK (and possibly other Commonwealth countries) it can refer to almost anything which goes through a goopy stage while being prepared. So it includes things like Yorkshire Pudding (savoury pastry eaten with a roast dinner) or black pudding (blood sausage). It's also used as an alternative to dessert (for the course, not the specific food, e.g. you might say "I'm having cake for pudding").
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if there is also pancake syrup made from bones …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as those are using lifestock blood and not send people out to PvP for ingredients... ;)
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

The eternal criteria for, "What is Best in Life?" :D
    Edited by bearbelly on October 15, 2018 10:54AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

Isn't that...
    anigif_enhanced-9383-1393390769-15.gif
    :p;):D
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

Isn't that...
    anigif_enhanced-9383-1393390769-15.gif
    :p;):D

0aWmsbM.gif

;)
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks, I appreciate your cultural differences but sadly I am lesser evolved and cannot eat 'Blood Pancakes"
    geonsocal wrote: »
    live in the us, got a chance in my younger years to work over in germany...

I thought for a while that folks were kidding when they said that some restaurants served blood sausages...

We call 'em black puddings in Yorkshire.

And they're delicious.
    Edited by pdblake on October 15, 2018 11:08AM
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if there is also pancake syrup made from bones …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Of course. Instead of taking the marrow from a tree, we take it from the flesh! Marrow is a delicacy so I bet it would make a deliciously creamy syrup.