The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Boundless Storm

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_RobGarrett

I would like zos to strongly reconsider the nerf to boundless major expedition. This was a victim of an obvious blanket nerf to major expedition. Magsorc mobility was already an issues as has been noted by the class reps and this not only doesnt help with that but hurts it for those who were willing to make room for boundless on their bar.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casting a Shadow ability grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward for 6 seconds, increasing Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280. This duration is increased by 25% for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped.

Passive...

Manifest yourself as pure lighting, zapping nearby enemies with electricity dealing 84 Shock Damage every 1 second for 20 seconds.
    While in this form you also gain Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280.
    Activating this grants Major Expedition for a brief period, increasing your Movement Speed by 30% for 4 seconds

Active; cost 4k base; slot

I have a hard time slotting boundless
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't see why anyone would ever slot it. It's pretty much rubbish.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't see why anyone would ever slot it. It's pretty much rubbish.

eh the increased resist does help but it is very situational
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casting a Shadow ability grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward for 6 seconds, increasing Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280. This duration is increased by 25% for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped.

Passive...

Manifest yourself as pure lighting, zapping nearby enemies with electricity dealing 84 Shock Damage every 1 second for 20 seconds.
    While in this form you also gain Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280.
    Activating this grants Major Expedition for a brief period, increasing your Movement Speed by 30% for 4 seconds

You get 2% spell and weapon damage for having boundless slotted, with a 6% chance to proc implosion every time it hits something under 20% health, "passive...". The major buffs lasts for 23 seconds, with one button press. You are underselling this skill and making a passive that will have a much lower up time for most nightblades look better then it is.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Passive...

You get 2% spell and weapon damage for having boundless slotted, with a 6% chance to proc implosion every time it hits something under 20% health, "passive...". The major buffs lasts for 23 seconds, with one button press. You are underselling this skill and making a passive that will have a much lower up time for most nightblades look better then it is.

It's 15% health and it's usefulness on a mag sorc isn't that big since wrath usually gets the job done before implosion reaches its threshold.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Passive...

Implosion is under 15% health. Also boundless storm has a 5m range (only one class is a guaranteed hit in melee all other can completely or partially avoid it) and sorc has an execute that proccs from 20% health.
    Implosion is irrelevant as a passive for magsorc.

I´ve made more than 120 million ap on the class. A total of 3% of my killingblows come from implosion. But that´s not telling the whole story - because implosion applies it´s dmg before the actual skill that triggers it. So in most cases a target would have died to fury anyway.

Trying to make it sound that implosion is in any way relevant to boundless storm or magsorcs toolkit just shows that you´re someone who has absolutely no understanding of what they´re talking about or you´re on a personal agenda.

And if you have too much freetime go read my comparison to other classes skills that also cost a slot and have the same duration mostly in the sorc feedback topic ~ page 39 to understand why boundless storm is underperforming.

I´ll leave it to waffennacht to explain why the nb passive is actually good and the only spec that might have trouble maitaining near 100% uptime would be a 5 1 1 lightarmor ranged nb.
    Edited by Derra on October 15, 2018 6:29AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not only the nerf on the Major Expedition duration. The cost is simply outrageous. Getting the Armour buffs passively is a big help for sustain - you get the buffs for a cast you’d do anyway. Would any Sorc cast Boundless Storm “anyway”?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still going to use Boundless after the change, and I'm okay with 4s of speed (since everyone else is losing mobility, too), but the cost is way too high for what it now offers.

4050 magicka base cost, even after a huge cost reduction from 5pc light armor + the Unholy Knowledge passive, is still a whopping 3037 mag that you'll have to be recasting every 4 seconds to maintain uptime. And still results in subpar mobility compared to stam.

Base cost needs to be reduced by a good 20% or so.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    I'm still going to use Boundless after the change, and I'm okay with 4s of speed (since everyone else is losing mobility, too), but the cost is way too high for what it now offers.

4050 magicka base cost, even after a huge cost reduction from 5pc light armor + the Unholy Knowledge passive, is still a whopping 3037 mag that you'll have to be recasting every 4 seconds to maintain uptime. And still results in subpar mobility compared to stam.

I'm actually considering switching to the stam morph for longer uptime on the mobility buff and bigger damage area for surge procs.. Downside is shorter overall duration
    Edited by Biro123 on October 15, 2018 8:57AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noted some concerns and perspectives here.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay, another nerf thread
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It’s not only the nerf on the Major Expedition duration. The cost is simply outrageous. Getting the Armour buffs passively is a big help for sustain - you get the buffs for a cast you’d do anyway. Would any Sorc cast Boundless Storm “anyway”?

Wouldn't boundless storm be slotted post patch due to shields taking into account armor buffs now? Not saying the nerf to major expedition was silly; just like on all the other skills which were nerfed too.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rikumaru

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the skill being good. What I meant by "anyway" is - a skill that you would slot even if it didn't have the armor buff at all.

Spiked Armor? Gets slotted also because the Burning Heart passive is really good.
    Rune Focus? Has sustain or further mitigation attached to it as well.
    Frost Cloak? Is either a group buff or has further mitigation on it.
    Shadow Barrier? Is a passive that gets activated on NBs main class spammable or escape tools.

And Boundless? Has a 2% Spell Damage increase with a tiny (both in actual damage and radius) AoE damage component along with a now very short Major Expedition. And that for 3k + magicka.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I'm actually considering switching to the stam morph for longer uptime on the mobility buff and bigger damage area for surge procs.. Downside is shorter overall duration

Using Hurricane on a mag sorc for surge heals sounds good until you remember that it uses your weapon crit rating. In my case (no CP), that's a whooping 10%.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Boundless? Has a 2% Spell Damage increase with a tiny (both in actual damage and radius) AoE damage component along with a now very short Major Expedition. And that for 3k + magicka.

and procs implosion.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

Using Hurricane on a mag sorc for surge heals sounds good until you remember that it uses your weapon crit rating. In my case (no CP), that's a whooping 10%.

Good point. I also wouldn't be comfortable taking that chunk out of my limited stam pool.

Personally I'd still rather have the short but big burst of speed from Boundless, it makes all the difference sometimes when trying to round a corner to get LOS and drop pressure.

Either way, the fact that people are seriously considering Hurricane is pretty indicative of the sorry state Boundless is in...
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz I can't do without major expedition in PvE, literally have it on every class :cry:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »

and procs implosion.

Under 15% HP. Anything would kill you then.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and procs implosion.

I really wish that people would stop using that passive as an excuse for no improvements to sorc. In point of fact, I wish that that passive would be replaced by something actually useful that isn't rendered pointless by the execute already in the sorc's toolkit, the 6% chance on enemies under 15% health, and the fact that (in those instances where implosion does kill you) the next ability would have done the job anyway. Maybe then we could have a reasonable discourse without "YoU hAvE a PaSsIvE tHaT kIlLs PeOpLE!!!!1!" (Gosh that was painful to write.)

I mean, probably not, but a guy can hope, right?

Things to add to the eventual theoretical sorc offensive rework!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

Aahh.. good point.. :-(
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

and procs implosion.

I really wish that people would stop using that passive as an excuse for no improvements to sorc. In point of fact, I wish that that passive would be replaced by something actually useful that isn't rendered pointless by the execute already in the sorc's toolkit, the 6% chance on enemies under 15% health, and the fact that (in those instances where implosion does kill you) the next ability would have done the job anyway. Maybe then we could have a reasonable discourse without "YoU hAvE a PaSsIvE tHaT kIlLs PeOpLE!!!!1!" (Gosh that was painful to write.)

/Agree. I'm honestly starting to think that the only way forward with the class now is to remove every single thing that people whine about, then start adding new stuff..
    Only then may we have reasonable balance.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

and procs implosion.

/Agree. I'm honestly starting to think that the only way forward with the class now is to remove every single thing that people whine about, then start adding new stuff..

But is a sorc without curse, fury, streak, shields, pets, implosion, dark deal, hurricane and overload still a sorc?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 15, 2018 4:41PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

and procs implosion.

But is a sorc without curse, fury, streak, shields, pets, implosion, dark deal, hurricane and overload still a sorc?

Ooh, now.. I wonder if I can come up with a working build that doesn't use a single sorc' skill..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Totally dissatisfied with this nerf. Sorcs have been getting pounded by the nerf bombs lately, and it's making already bad experience worse. I use both Streak and Boundless Storm to escape a fight, and everytime I get killed. It sucks as it is. I really don't understand how the developers can look at this and say that it has an OP advantage over other builds that have meta stam build outs. Is it me or do we really need to make magsorcs less appealing to the player community?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Passive...

Spot on.

Especially with no 3rd bar now.

Also its boundful not boundless, remove snares etc or Cc needed
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Passive...

you get the 2% for any sorc skill and most buffs for major ward/ resolve last that long
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

and procs implosion.

Ooh, now.. I wonder if I can come up with a working build that doesn't use a single sorc' skill..

Of course you can. But then you'd have to call it a stam sorc.