The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

CP needs a rework

• lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could keep the champion points if they removed all the benefits except for those break-point bonuses at 10, 30, 75 etc. Champion points.

The balancing issues arise from the incremental increases to things such as resistances or direct damage attacks etc.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just grind CPs. Goodness. Is that hard? It is not anywhere as bad as VR level. If you play this game casually like 1 or 2 hours per day, better expect you to be pwned by players with more CPs or more experience. Not every low CP players are bad.

Also, PvE imbalance stems from too OP of sets not CP. Last time I checked, you still needed decent gears to complete something even at max CP. Truly OP CP would make the game's difficult PvE contents with some Ruby Ash staff or Rubedite 2h without dying and still meet the speed completion requorement.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am well over the CP cap, but the truth is I hardly notice the 30 point increases every update. As terrible as the VR grind was, the feeling of progress was a lot more distinct. Guess that has also something to do with Zone Layout before 1T though.
    Edited by Feanor on October 16, 2018 6:53AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I am well over the CP cap, but the truth is I hardly notice the 30 point increases every update. As terrible as the VR grind was, the feeling of progress was a lot more distinct. Guess that has also something to do with Zone Layout before 1T though.

I remember VR grind. And I died a little when they raised VR14 to VR16 with IC release. And you are right on that progress part. These 30 increases nowadays are what.. a percent or 2 for CP? Lol.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    healing increases and received and phisical and magickal dmg all should be on same CP tree to further separate dedicated roles/builds aka healer, dd, tanks.

same goes for critical healing increase, critical resistance, increase in physical critical dmg ,increase in magickal critical dmg. there is not a lot of tradeoff for role seperation, passives also could be better in some cases.
    I agree with that.
    Here is my opinion what need to be done with Champion system.
    1) Remove diminishing returns. In my opinion diminishing returns removes diversity, because all builds have a little bit of all, because it is more advantageous.
    2) Conflicting spheres, for example, healing/shields and damage, must be grouped in one Guardian constellation. So you will need to choose, where to spend limited pool(1/3) of Champion points, into healing or into damage. In one Guardian constellation must be grouped all sources of healing/shields and damage, including HP recovery, effectiveness of damage shields, healing recived(or make this one unaffected by self heal).
    3) Remove hidden 20% boost to HP, Stamina, Magicka from Champion points. With so much Champion points that we have now this boost can be easily compensated by mitigation and cost reduction stars that we have now. And this 20% boost from Champion points is hidden, unintuitive, and can be used to lower power creep with little consequences. If it can't be just removed by some reasons, this boost can be relocated in the constellations themselves. Three new stars with % grow of HP, Stamina and Magicka.This option can help soak more of Champion points, but beacuse Stamina and Magicka give resource pull and damage at the same time, it will be harder to place them right in constellations, according to point 2 suggestion.
    4) Make all perks that affect combat, more meaningful and cost Champion points(10-30 points, 1-3 tiers). That can additionally soak Champion points from overgrown pool. Will help to avoid unwanted perks(thier visuals). Can be used to increase diversification of builds by requirements for perks, for example if you want this powerfull perk, take 70 points in DoT damage, etc.
    5) All perks that not affect combat can be free, and acquired as it is now.
    6) If it will help with balance, proc sets can benefit from separate star in constellation, not from existing ones.
    7) Some of the racial passives can be relocated in Champion system. For example, breton's Spell resistance tier 3 passive can be changed by 50 points in Spell Shield star (The Steed). This points can't be relocated for bretons, but other races can achive same spell resistance for balance purpose. Redguards Adrenaline rush can be new perk at some constellation with 3 tiers and cost 15, 30, 45 Champion points for example. So passives that directly affect combat and hard to balance can be built in Champion system and can be achieved by any race at some point. From one side it will decrease uniqueness of racial passives, but if that hard to balance, in the end, it will increase race diversity for min/maxers. Uuniqueness of racial passives can be achived by non combat perks.

@ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Gilliam
    Edited by XomRhoK on October 17, 2018 2:36AM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are easy to blame CP because it's what you see on the surface. But, if you look below the surface you will find that there are 3 issues directly related to the problem, of which, CP contributes the least.

By focusing only on CP, you support a band-aid solution that will not fix the problem, and, in the long run, will make the problem only worse.
    Edited by Maryal on October 17, 2018 2:46AM
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    CP needs to disappear. There is no reason for it to be in the game

This.

I can get why people may want to keep it: you’ve invested a lot of time in earning it and you don’t want to see others get for free what you’ve had to work for. It’s a natural human reaction and one I feel myself.

However, being completely pragmatic and thinking about the long-term health of the game, having a (nearly) thousand hour grindwall stand in the way of a new player having a maxed character that can compete in Cyro or vet trials just doesn’t make sense. Most people will be put-off by that kind of investment when coming in late.

I felt it myself around the 300 CP mark. You can now do all the vet dungeons, I quickly had my trial gear and everything golded yet before me lay hundreds of hours more of playtime to reach max CP. Just didn’t make any sense!

Either get rid of it entirely or cap it at 300 (as at least up until then there is a logical progression).

You don’t need more CPs if you can do all the end game stuff. It matters to some players when every % of mitigation/damage helps. At least it did for me personally. I could only solo my first WB at CP 530.

Also, with enlightenment and so many double XP events in a year, it isn’t difficult to reach max CP with a little bit of time investment.