The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire prelude dailies

• lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find them very annoying, even compared to the new life festival dailies. they were atleast funny.
    but all the zone hopping and waiting for spawns and running LOOONG ways on places with little wayshrines makes it very annoying.. and also with some the backtracking. like the priestess..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS I enjoyed the crow much more. At least you had freedom on where and how to search for the stuff. I didnt like the ones where you had to collect mats (I liked that part) but also had to go to some weird zones to get other materials aswell..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooooo.... the OP can (apparently) sleepwalk through VMA, but expects makework filler dailies to "challenge" him.

Huh.

(not to say that they're not tedious with all the running around. But to expect challenge from them? Seriously?)
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a rethink, by challenging I don't mean difficult I just mean has enough content to hold my interest for the vast amount of times I'm expected to do them.
    Just sick of same old same old.
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    Having done the dailies at least six times each I can also say that I am bored - 36 down, 114 to go. 25 days of doing the same thing does seem a little repetitive.

Although I was very much in favour of the "One Tamriel" concept I do find it causes problems for me in some places. This is especially true when a player character from one alliance ends up fighting against their "own side".

I have a Daggerfall Covenant character and I find the daily where you have to collect special dreugh wax from the Vivec's Antlers area distasteful. The character has done the "Coral Heart" quest (reluctantly, during Cadwell's Gold) where effectively you enlist the dreugh to fight the Covenant. So the dreugh in that area are no longer hostile.

The ("Bug Off") daily requires my DC character to kill dreugh (which are not hostile) that are fighting Covenant soldiers (which ARE hostile). This just seems bizarre to me.

I know that characters from other alliances have similar stories to tell.

I am sure you will say "just don't do that daily then" but that means that it will be 30 days to become a "Murkmire Prepper". I do know about begging other players to share their quests with you but I am not into this.
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    BBOORRRIINNGG!
    Run around waiting for things to spawn with a few other people racing to get them too, then run somewhere else without any challenge what so ever.
    This is the least entertaining thing to have ever been implemented!
    CHALLENGE ME GAME!!! Whoever implements game content give me something to hold my interest, not just run to point x and collect y over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....
    You get 1 more month ZOS, 1 more!.
    Feels like you are TRYING to fail this game.

Well, I love them and wish we had more just like them.

PS. Can I have your stuff when you leave?
    Edited by Fleshreaper on October 15, 2018 2:03PM
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBOORRRIINNGG!
    Run around waiting for things to spawn with a few other people racing to get them too, then run somewhere else without any challenge what so ever.
    CHALLENGE ME GAME!!! Whoever implements game content give me something to hold my interest, not just run to point x and collect y over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

Earn them numb mind.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBOORRRIINNGG!

Earn them numb mind.

Haha, herp derp..

PS, Bye Felicia!
    Edited by Fleshreaper on October 15, 2018 5:07PM
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    well I am very very tired from work. And now they are soothing.. XD
    PC-EU @lientier
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shows how easy it is to get a large group of human beings doing ridiculous things for minimal rewards (some of which are offensive to some of us). Rats in a lab much?
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shows how easy it is to get a large group of human beings doing ridiculous things for minimal rewards (some of which are offensive to some of us). Rats in a lab much?

This.

I'm getting that feeling more and more with new content
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »

This.

I'm getting that feeling more and more with new content

same here.. why am I doing this? Just some achievement, a title (which I wont use), a pet (which I have too much already and wont use) and some furniture (which isnt that beautiful).. damn I am too much of a completionist
    PC-EU @lientier
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, doing the 6 same quest for more than 20 days is quite boring. 4 of them are simple ride somewehre, collect or dance and you are done so these can be done quite quickly, rapid maneuver is your best friend for those daylies. The one in grathwood and rift are the ones that are bad cause you have to compete with other players to get the stuff you need.
    I do those daylies while waiting in queue so its not that much waste of time and often i just skip the rift and grathwood one...

Note to zos for any upcoming prologue or events, dont design quests where i have to wait for a respawn because another player just grabbed the node - dont make me compete for those nodes with others players :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    Note to zos for any upcoming prologue or events, dont design quests where i have to wait for a respawn because another player just grabbed the node - dont make me compete for those nodes with others players :wink:

Or at least put those in Cyrodiil >:)
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    well actually now somehow I get meat from mammoths, but didnt on the first day (second day available). The only thing I changed is I put my pve amor on, so maybe its related to the amount of damage? or they fixed that. so now I actually like the mammoth quest better than the rest, because its faily close to a wayshrine, no backtracking, just one zone, and second marker close to first area.. , still dreading to do so many more.. but probably will be just doing it until I got all the swanp jelly stuff (4/7 now).
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would do 150 for just about ANYTHING BUT that title (furnishing/dye/costume/pet),
    and when I realized there's only like 7 possible furnishings that pretty much killed it for me.
    Once I've got one of each furnishing and the jelly thing am out \o/

BTT ya'll get to 150 should be able to build yourselves shacks out of those bloody urns xD
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    well actually now somehow I get meat from mammoths, but didnt on the first day (second day available). The only thing I changed is I put my pve amor on, so maybe its related to the amount of damage? or they fixed that. so now I actually like the mammoth quest better than the rest, because its faily close to a wayshrine, no backtracking, just one zone, and second marker close to first area.. , still dreading to do so many more.. but probably will be just doing it until I got all the swanp jelly stuff (4/7 now).
    They might have done a stealth-fix on that, because I hardly got any meat from mammoths on the first day as well, and we weren't the only ones. I saw several more people complaining about the same thing. Now I'm getting meat from every kill.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The dailies, like any open world quest in this game, is not intended to be challenging, by design. This will not be changing anytime soon.

If you are interested in a solo challenge then vMA is the place to go. In a few weeks it should become more challenging for some.

They should not be challenging so all have access to them. But that doesn’t mean they should be this boring.... *cough* 150 times *cough*

I wonder who the hell will wear the Murkmire Prepper title? Rumor says it means Mazochist Player in ancient argonian. Ridiculous, titles meant to be rewarded somehing challenging but now we get these.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had really good luck with the swamp pet parts and got the last one I needed yesterday. I’m happy to announce that I’m NEVER DOING ONE OF THESE AGAIN!! You can keep your title
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA is NOT challenging, I can light attack through that place now.
    If not challenging then should be faster to save the boredom of running to places I've already run to 5 billion times.
    Unless ZOS's idea of challenging is a personal battle of not falling asleep and forcing my brain to accept lazy ass quest writing. ZOS is king of copy/paste quests.

If you are light attacking your way through vMA then maybe you should try solo'ing trials/vDSA.
    Dailies aren't supposed to be challenging.

• sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP put so much time into this game and is now complaining about booring stuff?

Should have switched games long time ago.
    Edited by sdtlc on October 16, 2018 3:21PM
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sdtlc wrote: »
    OP put so much time into this game and is now complaining about booring stuff?

Should have switched games long time ago.

You probably right, I am on a knife edge and its difficult leaving something I have put so much time in, I was hoping they would bring something good to the table with getting class rep feedback but it seems they aren't even listening to them.
    Just waiting for something to grab my attention then I'll switch because ZOS had all the content, the player base and they messed it up by letting people who have no clue on how to game have a say in how this game moved forward.
    Very frustrating because I love this game.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    VMA is NOT challenging, I can light attack through that place now.
    If not challenging then should be faster to save the boredom of running to places I've already run to 5 billion times.
    Unless ZOS's idea of challenging is a personal battle of not falling asleep and forcing my brain to accept lazy ass quest writing. ZOS is king of copy/paste quests.

If you are light attacking your way through vMA then maybe you should try solo'ing trials/vDSA.
    Dailies aren't supposed to be challenging.

content should at least hold my attention, I guess I need more than the 'average' person.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have found a use for these dailies:
    I do them while waiting for the dungeon queue.

Not while I still have surveys to do - those are more exciting than the Murkmire dailies. But at some point, I'm out of surveys.

I could also just stand around watching the sun go up and down. But sometimes, I'm in the mood for something even more mind-numbingly boring.

So I do Murkmire dailies.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    I have found a use for these dailies:
    I do them while waiting for the dungeon queue.

Not while I still have surveys to do - those are more exciting than the Murkmire dailies. But at some point, I'm out of surveys.

I could also just stand around watching the sun go up and down. But sometimes, I'm in the mood for something even more mind-numbingly boring.

So I do Murkmire dailies.

Ye I suppose they are useful to do incase I want to drop a few hundred IQ points to get down to the level of a ZOS dev.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll place this in a hot second - I don't think it's quite dethroned the horror and boredom that is leveling the Psyjic skill line....
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

I'll place this in a hot second - I don't think it's quite dethroned the horror and boredom that is leveling the Psyjic skill line....

They don't learn very well do they. Boring content after boring content.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

They don't learn very well do they. Boring content after boring content.

Yeah it's been getting progressively worse in that regards :/ Same with grind in general... just look how now you need to collect motif fragments to make motif pages which you need to collect to get a motif.

They are stretching this game with long, boring and repetitive content. Overall slowing the game to a crawl with this type of content just upsets players but in some sick twisted way it keeps others playing longer... probably the intended outcome... they want us to dump enormous amounts of time into the game - but completely miss the "fun" aspect.
    Edited by lagrue on October 16, 2018 10:28PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did two of these and I am done with them. I don't really like killing wildlife, just how I am and how I choose to play. I picked the meat off the ground which wasn't so bad and got drunk with the guy. Not so bad.

The second quest I had to go to Grahtwood pick some mushrooms, some other plant and get some spider guts. Got to the lady and found out I had to drink it and puke in a cauldron. I almost just dropped it there but I had already bothered getting the ingredients so I finished the nasty quest and with that went my interest in completing any more.

Call me snobby but Nope! How about give us some quests that we can see our characters actually doing?
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault