The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire prelude dailies

Stebarnz
Stebarnz
✭✭✭✭✭
BBOORRRIINNGG!
Run around waiting for things to spawn with a few other people racing to get them too, then run somewhere else without any challenge what so ever.
This is the least entertaining thing to have ever been implemented!
CHALLENGE ME GAME!!! Whoever implements game content give me something to hold my interest, not just run to point x and collect y over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....
You get 1 more month ZOS, 1 more!.
Feels like you are TRYING to fail this game.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you thought Clockwork Crow dailies were terrible... ZOS releases this :sweat:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dailies, like any open world quest in this game, is not intended to be challenging, by design. This will not be changing anytime soon.

If you are interested in a solo challenge then vMA is the place to go. In a few weeks it should become more challenging for some.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The dailies, like any open world quest in this game, is not intended to be challenging, by design. This will not be changing anytime soon.

If you are interested in a solo challenge then vMA is the place to go. In a few weeks it should become more challenging for some.

VMA is NOT challenging, I can light attack through that place now.
    If not challenging then should be faster to save the boredom of running to places I've already run to 5 billion times.
    Unless ZOS's idea of challenging is a personal battle of not falling asleep and forcing my brain to accept lazy ass quest writing. ZOS is king of copy/paste quests.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »

If not challenging then should be faster to save the boredom of running to places I've already run to 5 billion times.
    Unless ZOS's idea of challenging is a personal battle of not falling asleep and forcing my brain to accept lazy ass quest writing. ZOS is king of copy/paste quests.

If you are light attacking your way through vMA, and you demand a bigger challenge than that, this may not be the game for you. The majority of the content is aimed at a more casual audience. There are some things for those looking for more elite content such as vet DLC dungeons and the ahievements associated with them, but if even those are too easy for you, then you are in the top 0.01% of elites. It's highly unlikely that ZOS will design content for that small percentage of players as nobody else would be able to complete and/or enjoy it.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are running through dungeons like that you must have accumulated a ton of good stuff. I, @Yancius, will be happy to accept your cast offs as you exit for a greater challenge.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you guys are saying you are happy with the level of effort ZOS have put into the Murkmire prelude dailies?
    @theyancey yes I have all the stuff but I also have put the time and effort in to get it, all 15 character slots geared and levelled for every facet of this game, over 1200 cp, millions of gold and mats. That's 1 account I have 3.
    What do you need?
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Stebarnz, no bragging allow
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neverwalk wrote: »
    @Stebarnz, no bragging allow

There are peeps with a LOT more than me! I'm only a casual!
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The New Life Festival dailies prove that they are capable of making them interesting and enjoyable. These ones are just horrible - boring and long-winded. I don't think they need to be challenging but they should still engage people, if only for the first few times. These weren't even fun the first time.
    PS4 EU
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    The New Life Festival dailies prove that they are capable of making them interesting and enjoyable. These ones are just horrible - boring and long-winded. I don't think they need to be challenging but they should still engage people, if only for the first few times. These weren't even fun the first time.

Thankyou! You worded it better than me :)
  • jwjackson5674
    jwjackson5674
    ✭✭✭
    How do you even start these dailies? I have no idea.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I should save you the boredom and not tell you but I'm not mean, crown store and featured I think, you buy it but its free then you start.
    Prepare for sleep!
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Grab the free starting item from the Crown Store. Finish the questchain you got this way. After that you can get the dailies in Shadowfen.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done 2 dailies. So far I have found them enjoyable.

This is because my son does not sleep until really late at night. This means I have very little ‘Car-lan’ time (that’s me).

It is therefore important to me to enjoy life and the opportunities presented at present. And not whinge about them.

So my advice would be, have children. Then you will enjoy the dailies.

But you’ll have no life. And you’ll be like, ‘maybe I shouldn’t have done that.’ But you can’t say that. Because it’s bad to say that.

Don’t be bad.

Good luck to you and your family.
    Edited by Carl-lan on October 13, 2018 9:58PM
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭
    They were okay the first time I did them, then when I found out I have to do the same ones everyday... Yeah. It's gotten tiresome already. I really want the pet, though.
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP, going by everything you've stated, it seems you've hit your plateau in ESO and see typically busy work as boring now

Short of PvP, there essentially nothing left for you to do except wait for the next event or raid tier to be released for ESO to have anything to do but since ESO is slow in this department, it might be time to step away from ESO, even if only temporarily, to give it time to get back some of its spark for you to rekindle your enjoyment again.
    Argonian forever
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time is ok, then I noticed you have to do 150 for the full achievement. They are way too boring for me to consider doing that, I think I'll stop at 10.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Port to Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch, or Daggerfall City wayshrines - there is a quest-giver adjacent to each of these, who will first send you into the local Outlaw refuge and then eventually send you to Shadowfen. Once you have completed both of the intro quests, there are 6 daily repeatable quests from the argonian quest-giver outside Stormhold in Shadowfen. The Dailies take you to various other zones.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shardaxx wrote: »
    First time is ok, then I noticed you have to do 150 for the full achievement. They are way too boring for me to consider doing that, I think I'll stop at 10.

There's no real need to do the full 150 dailies. However, the double-XP Witches' Festival event is coming up, and doing these dailies is fairly quick if you want to get a bunch of extra xp (assuming you have have maxed mount speed and rapids). Some of the quests take you into delves or to a World Boss that can earn you a dremora plunder skull too, so not bad as a two-fer.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have liked the dailies if they didn't purposefully make you run from one side of a map to the other. Like, why does the Nord storm woman have to be literally on the opposite side of the map from where you have to shout? That's the only thing that was pointless. (Yes, you can take wayshrines, but somehow your quest objectives are never actually CLOSE to any of them. LOL.)
    Otherwise, I think the dailies are fine.
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭

I started playing 6 months after release and have seen the majority of the content become easier and easier.

But dailies have been more or less consistent in the way they use up player time rather than effort so the Murkmire dailies in that respect follow the same principle.

The more game smart and capable players will always look toward the more challenging parts of the game and when with experience these parts over time will naturally become less demanding. There is a need for harder content otherwise these "premium players" will look to other games to satisfy their need for challenge.

We already have Normal, Veteran, Vet + Scroll levels to modify content difficulty.

Also the +0 to +3 principle for some trials

One way to expand these difficulty modifier is to have additionally have a scalable level such as 1 - 9 where 1 is the current entry level and levels 5 to 9 should be very very hard.

Examples,
    Mobs can all attack at once (like with the horn in HelRa)
    Multiple mobs may spawn (like the initial mobs in HelRa)
    One or more boss may spawn from within the mob
    A boss may resurrect
    A boss may split into several copies (like the wisp mother except all copies can become primary)
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »

This is because my son does not sleep until really late at night. This means I have very little ‘Car-lan’ time (that’s me).

It is therefore important to me to enjoy life and the opportunities presented at present. And not whinge about them.

But you’ll have no life. And you’ll be like, ‘maybe I shouldn’t have done that.’ But you can’t say that. Because it’s bad to say that.

Don’t be bad.

My children are in their 20s except my youngest but she only visits alternate weekends and is almost 12

I've seen most of Europe and "lived" life a hell of a lot in my younger day ....

Now I want to relax and have me time ... And I hate the *** dailies ... Boring as ***
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »

Don’t be bad.

this is seriously the best forum-comedy i've read in over 15 years. i really thought it was a lost art. thanks, and i wish you and your son the best. the mom is lost, though :/
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    When you thought Clockwork Crow dailies were terrible... ZOS releases this :sweat:

I hate that crow. If we could kill quest givers he'd be the first to go.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why on earth are you looking for challenge in virtual entertainment?
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »

I hate that crow. If we could kill quest givers he'd be the first to go.

If you try to get the items when he gives you the quest it's a living nightmare. I just keep all the trash and stolen items on my chars and check each day if he has a quest that I can hand right in. That way it's the fastest daily in the game.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not mind farming stuff since we are collecting resources for our expedition but 150 quests is WAY too much!
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just done my first murkmire prelude daily and to be honest it isn’t that it’s boring or dull that made me feel ugh, nope it’s seeing all those dead mammoths, feels like we are causing a mass extinction. Horribly like pictures of American plains littered with dead bison. Don’t think I’ll bother.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭

im impressed
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just done my first murkmire prelude daily and to be honest it isn’t that it’s boring or dull that made me feel ugh, nope it’s seeing all those dead mammoths, feels like we are causing a mass extinction. Horribly like pictures of American plains littered with dead bison. Don’t think I’ll bother.
    Murkmire farmers were the reason the mammoths went extinct. B)