The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Movement speed changes

Jaxaxo
Jaxaxo
✭✭✭✭
Hello, i would like to discuss movement speed changes a bit, give a bit of insight from me (from solo/smallscale player), mostly it's summary from things in other threads.
1. Movement speed was ok pre summerset/pre swift. There wasnt any bigger issues with speed before swift was intruduced. Swift of course changed a lot and cuz of it we have current situation and incomming nerfs to everything. I dont think it's good idea to nerf things that were ok before cuz sth unbalanced was introduced. On current pts it's 6%. That's good. But nerfing whole other movement speed in addition to this is really unnecesarry. Tbh, like i said in other topic i would see it 5% extra speed and mybe 5-10% reduce effectivness of snares. That way with addition to light armor changes this could be interesting option for light armor builds to deal with snares. And trait would still provide a bit of usefullness for other armor types

2. Snares, snare immunity. Like many ppl asked and asked, we would like to have some kind of "counterplay" against snares. It would be awesome if some kind of abilites would get snare immunity/snare removal. Things like double take, boundless storm, falcon swiftness. Adding some kind of this mechanic to them would really help. We got this on dks wings, i think that was awesome change (maybe would see it 3 sec instead of 2, but still). Current problem with heavy armor having best mobility is cuz of forward momentum and swift. I dont like forward nerf, but i guess it's needed. But tbh i would rather (or additionally) see buff to shuffle snare immunity. Meta shifted a bit, back then when everybody could use shuffle and snares werent so strong forward was considered rather bad skill, currently it's best tool for ppl trying to solo/smallscale due to snares everywhere.

3. Speed pot nerf/speed skills nerf. Like i said before, problem with speed is cuz of swift. Nerfing speed pot uptime to 15,7 sec is making them kinda useless. Pots are mostly used (at least from my observation) on CD cuz they let us maintaing buffs that we wouldnt be able to use other way. That means 15,7 sec of major expedition is to random to really have any significance during long fights. Or even, if theretically i would keep pot to use it in moment i need for speed, after 15,7 sec i loose it. Usually it means i will die. So dont realy see diffrence if i will die 15,7 sec later. Usefulness of this buff shouldnt be stuck in rng. Tbh i would rather see this changed to 45 sec of minor expedition, but im aware this is not good choice, cuz it would take uniqueness of this buff for sorcs. So dont do this. Just dont nerf them. But if u really want to do this, dont nerf other major expedition skills. U should rather buff them a bit to make them fill the hole in lack of speed pots. And it would be nice choice for speed for mag characters.

I dont want all those changes, those are just some of mine and other ppl ideas how to solve this.
Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
Youtube
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about not fixing what isn't broke and fixing what is. Like heavy attack broke easy fix revert light attack buff. Speed nerfs well OP said it just drop swift out of the game fixed it. This Order out of Chaos method ZOS and Bethesda use is a bit confusing as to their intentions. A pattern emerges and it's not good. I for one don't like this direction at all, loved this game when I began it but wow I had no idea this would happen. I'm most certainly hunting for a replacement.
  • Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭
    That's how I see a possible solution for mobility:

1. Make movement speed bonus scaling with attribute points, put into stamina (1% = 8 points);
    2. Add a movement speed increase to medium armor passive, instead of sprinting bonus (that would be really cool benefit of medium armor, like 2% of overall speed per piece);
    3. Make Swift giving 5% movespeed bonus and ~8% reduction of snares' effectiveness;
    4. Increase of Forward Momentum's snare immunity duration to, at least, 5 seconds (with 4s immunity 2H builds for magicka toons become unaffordable; impossible to land rotation without constant barswapping for stamina classes);
    5. Increase Shuffle's snare immunity to 0.8 seconds per piece of medium worn (due to the overall movement speed reduction and medium armor archetype goals, it should be nearly there);
    6. Put the movement speed cap, while in combat: ~140-150% (that way speed improvements won't be abused by Major Expedition users);
    7. Make speed pots giving Minor Expedition without cooldown (potions would be viable again! :P).

Or do not nerf Major Expedition and fix Swift issues. :P
    Edited by Bitmun on October 13, 2018 12:34PM
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bitmun wrote: »
    2. Add a movement speed increase to medium armor passive, instead of sprinting bonus (that would be really cool benefit of medium armor, like 2% of overall speed per piece);
    I knew i forgot about sth. Saw this idea on other thread and it's awesome too.

Edited by Jaxaxo on October 13, 2018 12:43PM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speed potion nerfs will really hurt, but in a sense I Welcome them because the game needed to slow down for a long time.
    I think the real issue with our mobility system is snares and how effective they are.

In my personal opinion , what should have been done in the first place was reworking snares. In this game you're either immune to snares and free to move, or you're snared so bad that you are literally a sitting duck. There is no happy middle to this, and snares stacking on top of each other only makes this worse for those who can't have snare immunity.

This is why swift is a fun addition to slower mag classes but completely broken on stamina builds with FM. Cause as I said, you're either immune to snares or you're not. And I don't think the FM nerf will change this fact. Its only gonna make people spam it more now. Cause the real issue is still there, the damn snares.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 13, 2018 1:45PM
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jaxaxo agree on everything. There were a lot of polls about the shield nerfs and after enough people voted and cried they changed the nerfs. How about you open a poll with answers like "only nerf swift", "nerf swift and major expedition", "nerf swift and FM", "don't nerf speed at all", etc.? Maybe we can stop them before they do something really stupid...
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU