The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Whats the meta now?

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade with Master Axe DW bleed and you are g2g.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a lot of point in looking at the meta now.

Wait till the patch lands, builds settle, are refined, the 'meta' shifts and the meta-counters appear... then it will be a good time to ask. Ofc. not many will give a true answer though!!

There's the common-meta made available by streamers, then there's the 'secret real meta' known only to a few..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Not a lot of point in looking at the meta now.

Wait till the patch lands, builds settle, are refined, the 'meta' shifts and the meta-counters appear... then it will be a good time to ask. Ofc. not many will give a true answer though!!

There's the common-meta made available by streamers, then there's the 'secret real meta' known only to a few..

thats the best answer possible lol
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina obviously.

Bleeds obviously

Bow, 2H, and SnB against experienced players

DW against those that haven't adapted
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina obviously.

Bleeds obviously

Question, why SnB over DW?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Stamina obviously.

Bleeds obviously

Against your standard build DW will still do well, against some of the new builds the damage will be too low. The utility of SnB + the damage will out perform DW. - against the newer builds; the non-adapted will do poorly against DW

Edit: bleeds are still very powerful, but if countered leaves the build without much pressure. Spin2win will be far less effective as well in my opinion
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 21, 2018 9:14PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=93122

just like char name your opponents will have to maintain 4k heal per second in cyro to negate all the bleeds from build, passives and skills. With this setup you have potential to deal 26k damage in pvp (from 4 bleeds, get some luck) during POTL countdown (6secs)

words.
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on October 21, 2018 10:09PM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina obviously.

Bleeds obviously

Absorb magic, shield ult, reduced block cost, maim if you want it, breech & fracture if you want it, extra resists, ability to get 1 more armor trait...

Considering massive defense and/or healing is pretty much mandatory in PvP these days, I'd take it over DW any day. From what I've seen the winner of battles right now (before patch) is not who can do the most damage, but who can take it and deal enough damage at the right time.
  • Grind_Zilla
    Grind_Zilla
    ✭✭
    meta`s will always be overrated
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina will be meta like usual.

Heavy armor bleedblade > all
    Stamplar will be very good
    Stamden best noobkiller
    Stamdk still very good
    Stamsorc is king of mobility with the speed nerf that came.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina obviously.

Bleeds obviously

Against your standard build DW will still do well, against some of the new builds the damage will be too low. The utility of SnB + the damage will out perform DW. - against the newer builds; the non-adapted will do poorly against DW

Edit: bleeds are still very powerful, but if countered leaves the build without much pressure. Spin2win will be far less effective as well in my opinion

And how do you counter bleed ? :trollface:
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Stamina obviously.

Bleeds obviously

And how do you counter bleed ? :trollface:

My secret weapon is extended ritual! But you're right there's not much at all that can
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Stamplar. Axe bleeds, potl, dbos is and has been the meta for quite some time. (Imho, of course)

Stamplar meta...I laughed

If you ever run into one of these "bleedplars" on a sorc, you wouldn't be laughing. These guys output insane pressure. You're only hope is to streak away while you still have the resources to do so.

Well you can kinda do that with any stamina class. Stamblade is best for it, then warden, sorc, templar, dk.

Nah the stamplar has more dps pressure.

no they don't lmao. stamblade incap fear bow does more damage then ANY combo stamplar has.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who makes a post on the forums asking for the Meta is looking for gear that will carry them...

Plain and simple...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meta: any Stamina class, dealers choice

Not meta: Magicka
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    Ok scratch all that.
    DW with infused and torugs
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ll_Rev wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »
    Stamplar. Axe bleeds, potl, dbos is and has been the meta for quite some time. (Imho, of course)

If you ever run into one of these "bleedplars" on a sorc, you wouldn't be laughing. These guys output insane pressure. You're only hope is to streak away while you still have the resources to do so.

Well you can kinda do that with any stamina class. Stamblade is best for it, then warden, sorc, templar, dk.

Nah the stamplar has more dps pressure.

no they don't lmao. stamblade incap fear bow does more damage then ANY combo stamplar has.

Thats not dps thats burst. Also the bow is now useless too easy to dodge.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patch is live for 1 DAY and people already declaring new meta setups :trollface:

tells you how deep the build diversity in this game is :)
    Edited by ATomiX96 on October 23, 2018 11:08AM
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Magsorc
    :trollface:

This is great XD
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is heavy today =S
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the meta is simple, pick 4 friends and snipe anyone. Since dodge roll is almost useless now, you can just dodge one arrow eating three in the process

definitely, this is the worst patch
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    patch is live for 1 DAY and people already declaring new meta setups :trollface:

Hey, world's first am I right?

Stam enchantment meta def
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

stamblade/plar master dw/torug dw enchants or btfo.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re a scrub, new player(playing pvp for less than a year consistently), or just don’t care/don’t try to build & play as competitively as possible, then any class will kill you.

Blocking always has & likely always will be the most dmg mitigation in game.
    Dk running s&b & Frost staff can mitigate more dmg than any other class due to block passive.
    Warden shield basically renders magic users as useless.
    Nightblades are squishy as hell & the ONLY thing they have going is cloak + speed pots because their entire defense is built around “I can’t kill it, run away!” (Thanks ZOS)!
    Everyone complaining a stamblade with a bleed setup is OP, either doesn’t know the difference between classes or hasn’t run into a stam sorc.
    Hell, even a stamplar with bleeds will wreck you now.
    Stamden is still on top of the food chain but IMO stam sorc, dk (magic or stam), & Templar (magic or stam) are all in close 2nd.

Magplar I don’t mind being up there having their day as they’ve been pideon holed into a healbot for years.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being somewhat effective on 1 particular type of setup against other 1 particular type of setup is not what defines meta in my dictionary. Also stamplar with bleeds is more or less similarly effective agaisnt magsorc like other stam builds but in most cases have much weaker defense.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master dual wield (double infused 1x oblivion dmg 1x poison/disease/prismatic enchant) +torug's pact+troll king+set of choice(most preferably some proc set) , back bar infused 2h with carve ability or bow with posion injection and enchant of choice. Just bleeds+enchantments will apply pressure that is enough to kill not mentioning about other procs and regular abilities.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina obviously.

Bleeds obviously

quite the opposite.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    If you’re a scrub, new player(playing pvp for less than a year consistently), or just don’t care/don’t try to build & play as competitively as possible, then any class will kill you.

Dk running s&b & Frost staff can mitigate more dmg than any other class due to block passive.
    Nightblades are squishy as hell & the ONLY thing they have going is cloak + speed pots because their entire defense is built around “I can’t kill it, run away!” (Thanks ZOS)!
    Everyone complaining a stamblade with a bleed setup is OP, either doesn’t know the difference between classes or hasn’t run into a stam sorc.
    Stamden is still on top of the food chain but IMO stam sorc, dk (magic or stam), & Templar (magic or stam) are all in close 2nd.

Magplar I don’t mind being up there having their day as they’ve been pideon holed into a healbot for years.

You suggesting stamblade is somewhat a hard class to be good with?
    Lul idiot
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 24, 2018 2:41PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lul idiot

That’s not what I’m saying, so check yourself b4 u rek u’reself skid.

What I said was nb in this patch doesn’t have the ability to play defensively & be successful; it’s “run away or die”. Which sucks, & btw they broke shade again in case anyone didn’t know.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lul idiot

That’s not what I’m saying, so check yourself b4 u rek u’reself skid.

What I said was nb in this patch doesn’t have the ability to play defensively & be successful; it’s “run away or die”. Which sucks, & btw they broke shade again in case anyone didn’t know.

Lol ok