The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Whats the meta now?

bosmern_ESO
bosmern_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I played almost religiously from release until imperial city, I briefly came back before morrowind and literally everyone was using sets that gave on chance builds. (when they use an ability something happens). I didn't find it very fun because they could have potential one shots. Is that still the case or is pvp different now?
~Thallen~
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorc
    :trollface:
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 12, 2018 10:34PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, many of the proc sets that were used then got nerfed, and new proc sets have taken their place.

So if you dont like proc sets at all, no, people still use proc sets. I'm pretty sure that as long as proc sets exist, people will use them.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the proc sets won't auto win (fairly sure OP is talking about viper days)

Still proc sets but nowhere near the same strength
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything stamina
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright thanks for the help everyone! I dont mind proc sets, i just didn't like how powerful they were, and it seemed like if you didn't run proc sets you had 0 chance to do well.
    ~Thallen~
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright thanks for the help everyone! I dont mind proc sets, i just didn't like how powerful they were, and it seemed like if you didn't run proc sets you had 0 chance to do well.

You're right, and it's not nearly that bad now. I typically don't even use proc sets myself lol
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar. Axe bleeds, potl, dbos is and has been the meta for quite some time. (Imho, of course)
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the proc sets won't auto win (fairly sure OP is talking about viper days)

Still proc sets but nowhere near the same strength

Maybe not in so many scenarios like in old days but yes there are still setups that can win only becausse user was using them with a close to zero skill input from user.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar. Axe bleeds, potl, dbos is and has been the meta for quite some time. (Imho, of course)

Stamplar meta...I laughed
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some unknown the meta in pve is once again proc sets (FREE dps from relequen and Siroria) right after the system was so balanced that you could use just about anyhting and get within 1k dps... then they had to sell Summerset and balance lost its importance. What are you gonna do, oh and they are getting nerfed already for the second time... already... again.... cause balance lol.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your looking for meta the meathod is simple, look for a setup that does its role amazingly well and yet is utterly boring to play, congratulations, you have struck meta :D
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade bleed build or Stamsorc varient. Or Stamden Shalk + DBoS+Spin2Win
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina
    Heavy
    Swift
    Master DW
    Downbreaker
    Steel Tornado
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the hype with Stamina?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

@Rhaegar75

Basically, Stamina-based characters can run heavy armor sets with higher damage (7th/Fury) with Troll King and bleeds in order to achieve high damage and high survivability.

I've fiddlefarted around on my Stamblade and StamSorc with 7th, Troll King, Agility, and Master's DW. It's mean.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

Not only is there the heavy

There is the medium. Roll Dodge is really powerful with all the changes and the up coming change to evasion gives even higher survivability against the most common attacks in PvP.

Then with Shields taking critical damage, high damage specs like Stam NB; Stam X look even more attractive
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run in a zerg and throw on earthgore.

Every patch since you've gone away the game has got less skilled and more casual friendly.

Proc sets are still a thing but they heavily favour zergs more than small scale/ solo players now. Earthogore/ sloads/ skoria etc.. They aren't too effective in a small/ solo play but are very effective the bigger group you have and the more people that run them.

Then there are poisons which again favour zergs.

You want meta? Run a p2w Stam warden, which is the strongest pvp class in live at the moment and for some reason zos are buffing heavily.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't run stamnb, especially not in heavy and master dw.
    Weak ulti, weak damage and low mobility.
    Cloak sucks and dodge is ***.
    Stam nb is the least played class for a reason.
    It requires a tremendous amount of situational awareness and raw mechanical skill to be effective in open world solo or 1v1 as a stam nb.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 14, 2018 7:48PM
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Broken game won’t get any better from here. They just keep removing things and adding things for this troll type of gameplay. PvP broken. Just use Calruuns on your magblade for easy mode.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

If you ever run into one of these "bleedplars" on a sorc, you wouldn't be laughing. These guys output insane pressure. You're only hope is to streak away while you still have the resources to do so.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you ever run into one of these "bleedplars" on a sorc, you wouldn't be laughing. These guys output insane pressure. You're only hope is to streak away while you still have the resources to do so.

Yep you'll get straight nuked when their potl goes off
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You dont need to follow the meta to be good.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    DW Axes
    Trollshit
    Heavy Armor

Same as the last 5 patches.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pooooooooooooooo................p
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't run stamnb, especially not in heavy and master dw.
    Weak ulti, weak damage and low mobility.
    Cloak sucks and dodge is ***.
    Stam nb is the least played class for a reason.
    It requires a tremendous amount of situational awareness and raw mechanical skill to be effective in open world solo or 1v1 as a stam nb.

True wisdom here peeps. Don't, as in Do Not, run stamnb. Like we got us a full stamnb embargo. ;)

Personally, I think white armor, (3, 3, 4) level 49 will be BIS in all situations.. or just don't wear armor or use class skills. Of course once you hit level 50, you are crap.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well you can kinda do that with any stamina class. Stamblade is best for it, then warden, sorc, templar, dk.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Well you can kinda do that with any stamina class. Stamblade is best for it, then warden, sorc, templar, dk.

Nah the stamplar has more dps pressure.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anything stam been that way for awhile now.
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who cares?? Play your own style and KILL THE META.
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Judging from the planned nerfs next patch, shield stacking sorcs, magblades are surely the meta. Play them now before underpowered stamdens and bleedblades can compete on even ground.