The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Medium armor in Murkmire. :P

Bitmun
Bitmun
✭✭✭
Due to the mobility nerfs, all the "improvents" made in PTS are useless, while you're building your toon without utilizing a bow. Compared to heavy, there won't be any advantages next patch for wearing medium armor in classic melee build, since kiting and fast gameplay are impossible, when all your targets are moving in fight with the same speed as you.
So, speaking of original points of medium armor - it has always been MOBILITY+ high damage output. Not pure AoE damage reduction, but reliable movement speed. Sprinting speed makes no sense in combat, but ARMOR should be advantageous while IN FIGHT, right? So I suggest to change some med. armor's passives or rework Shuffle to give something about ~8% bonus movement speed to it's user. It would be noice. :P Or leave the speed pots alone, at least.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if they took out 3% sprint speed per piece and changed it to 2% movement speed per piece. Sprint speed is very underwhelming when you can use swift, major/minor expedition, sprinting drains stamina and cuts off stamina regen so in BG you want to do everything in your power to not sprint when you can.. ZOS buffed the weapon dmg from 12% to 15% so I guess that's suppose to be enough to counter the benefits of heavy armor?

What that illustrates to me, is that if you have a build utilizing cheese proc sets, use heavy armor. Maybe you have less investment in weapon dmg so you see less of a loss using heavy then medium. Stam regen get's less of a % modifier but you get that covered by flat stam/mag return in an actual fight. Mag return is useful for your utility skills and with sets like fury, your weapon dmg isn't even that low. Biggest issue using heavy would be losing cost reduction.

Blade cloak provides major evasion, so just use DW on heavy armor if you wanted that buff.

I actually use medium over heavy on live though, so I don't think medium is THAT bad, but needs a little work. Nice to see the unique buff light armor got for sprint cost and snares.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 12, 2018 6:57PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be unplayable in medium armor if the current PTS goes live. MagSorcs and Magblades continue to ruin this game. My girlfriend has quit playing, and I'm soon to follow.
  • Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if they took out 3% sprint speed per piece and changed it to 2% movement speed per piece. Sprint speed is very underwhelming when you can use swift, major/minor expedition, sprinting drains stamina and cuts off stamina regen so in BG you want to do everything in your power to not sprint when you can.. ZOS buffed the weapon dmg from 12% to 15% so I guess that's suppose to be enough to counter the benefits of heavy armor?

What that illustrates to me, is that if you have a build utilizing cheese proc sets, use heavy armor. Maybe you have less investment in weapon dmg so you see less of a loss using heavy then medium.

Blade cloak provides major evasion, so just use DW on heavy armor.

I actually use medium over heavy on live though, so I don't think medium is THAT bad.

I agree with you. :P Blackrose DW and new Evasion look stronK, even broken, I'd admit. But I do not enjoy DW playstyle as much as shield and sword. For example, what looks interesting - is S&B with 2H, in medium. But to compensate lack of speed, which is critically needed in fight, I will have to use Steed instead of Warrior + slot 1-2 swifts. It results into a ~3k stamina and ~450 wd loss - it also negates Agility passive buff. So there's no reason to stay in medium, when I could go heavy and become turtly - my survivability and damage would be increased.
  • Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭
    It will be unplayable in medium armor if the current PTS goes live. MagSorcs and Magblades continue to ruin this game. My girlfriend has quit playing, and I'm soon to follow.

I can't organize myself to play ESO now too because of these PTS changes :c It's, actually, sad when ppls leave games cause it loses element of fun for them.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear a lot of people talk about the utility of heavy armor for magicka builds and many think it doesn't work as well because they don't have magicka equivalent sets like fury, 7th legion, ravager, etc.

I'd like to raise a point, the passives of the heavy armor skill line better suit a stamina class, maybe that should be adjusted, but all of the passives have indirect buffs to med vs less so to magicka so it would be difficult to balance that.

Healing is stamina's main source of survival. (+8% healing received)
    Heavy attacking is quicker with DW/Sword n Shield/2H weapons making it easier to sustain in a fight. (+25% return)
    Skills in the game cost less for stamina vs magicka and we have our stam regen cut off when we run.. (Equal flat stam/mag return every 4 sec)
    Before the PTS changes coming, having more resistances/hp didn't benefit magicka classes 24/7 if they highly relied on shields. The investment was less important/useful.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 12, 2018 7:19PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve always seen it (rightly or wrongly) as evasive or “dodging” Armor because it’s designed for glass-cannon stam builds who rely on evasion rather than mitigation for sustain.

Although since dodging is almost completely useless in PvP I quickly swapped my Stamblade over to heavy and never looked back.

Nothing in these patch notes to change that stance either.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It absolutely should be a move speed buff. Sprint speed is near useless.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the sprint bonus and use sprint significantly in PVP.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    I like the sprint bonus and use sprint significantly in PVP.

It's kind of nice but they are right, it should buff all movement speed.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sprint is useful, but try doing that without cp. It's very expensive and cuts off stam regen. I'd prefer less of a modifier like 2% if it affected ALL movement speed like swift/expedition buffs. Keep in mind it would still affect your sprint speed.

3% would be overkill quickly helping you reach speed cap which ZOS just fine tuned.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• keeno9881
    keeno9881
    ✭✭
    It is actually a 2% bonus current on medium is 7% 1 peice 13% 2 peices i had to go on a char i was lvling to check the first piece but patch notes say 6/12% so i dont think they even know what it was it was a buff of 2 % and didnt bother looking at the current stats or current stats are wrong on skill tree
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭

Magsorcs ruin the game? Lmao.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    L

This HAS to be sarcasm! Surely?

They’re the #1 and #2 hardest nerfed PvP classes in Murkmire.

Magsorcs look like they have some good options to make it work but Magblades are in trouble tbh. Gankblades will be fine but BGblades kinda suck now.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L

Magsorcs look like they have some good options to make it work but Magblades are in trouble tbh. Gankblades will be fine but BGblades kinda suck now.

Don't worry, that dude doesn't know what he is talking about. He said medium armor will be unplayable. Shuffle with the new evasion will be the most annoying thing in PvP.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that the speed buff of medium should not be restricted to just the sprint speed, because you cant do that alot in combat without ruining your sustain.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »
    L

Don't worry, that dude doesn't know what he is talking about. He said medium armor will be unplayable. Shuffle with the new evasion will be the most annoying thing in PvP.

I'm sure shuffle is going to help medium users vs the 10k sniper, 10k incap etc... Medium got nerfed in regards to defence, 15% dodge chance is far superior to 25% aoe reduction.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L

I'm sure shuffle is going to help medium users vs the 10k sniper, 10k incap etc... Medium got nerfed in regards to defence, 15% dodge chance is far superior to 25% aoe reduction.

HA doesn't help against those either. But I agree that dodge chance is better.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find dodge chance to be extremely underpowered compared to the new change. Medium wont be forced into impreg as much now, 25% less damage from DboS, warden burst, proxy det, stamplars, etc... the passive dodge change is not better then this. Medium armor is no longer relying on dodging as much anymore too many undodgeable projectiles and skills in game, this is far superior to the passive dodge chance.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    L

I’ll see your shuffleblades and raise you Heavy Mirage/blade cloak blades with FM.

Can’t snare them, they’ve got insane resistances and if you get them below 50% they can always just shade and cloak. Oh yeah and they still have huge pressure & burst.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    L

1 in 7 chance to dodge? Unreliable rubbish. I’d much rather consistent 25% mitigation against most of the nastiest burst abilities. Medium only gets weaker vs snipers and Magsorcs with this change. The former is an occasional inconvenience, the latter got nerfed themselves.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L

1 in 7 chance to dodge? Unreliable rubbish. I’d much rather consistent 25% mitigation against most of the nastiest burst abilities. Medium only gets weaker vs snipers and Magsorcs with this change. The former is an occasional inconvenience, the latter got nerfed themselves.

Don't mind him.

When it suits his agenda he will state that the 25 % reduction sucks yet he votes in polls for it to stay as it is on test rather than revert it to 15 percent dodge chance like it is now.
    His youtube channel shows a pretty subpar player not keeping rally up etc, still he loves to come here and state cloak and dodge are the worst defensive mechanisms in the game.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435787/lets-talk-about-those-pts-evasion-changes/p2
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 14, 2018 5:20PM
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    L

Don't mind him.

When it suits his agenda he will state that the 25 % reduction sucks yet he votes in polls for it to stay as it is on test rather than revert it to 15 percent dodge chance like it is now.
    His youtube channel shows a pretty subpar player not keeping rally up etc, still he loves to come here and state cloak and dodge are the worst defensive mechanisms in the game.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435787/lets-talk-about-those-pts-evasion-changes/p2

Tbf dodge (as in rolling) is pretty terrible bc aoe meta but cloak is awesome. You kinda need a bow backbar for it to work reliably (as you need the speed to put distance on your aggressor in order to not get AoE’d immediately back out of it) but if you’re built right, cloak is really fun to use.

Part of me does think that auras like hurricane shouldn’t de-cloak though (don’t shoot me).
    Edited by lucky_dutch on October 14, 2018 5:23PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L

Don't mind him.

Tbf dodge (as in rolling) is pretty terrible bc aoe meta but cloak is awesome. You kinda need a bow backbar for it to work reliably (as you need the speed to put distance on your aggressor in order to not get AoE’d immediately back out of it) but if you’re built right, cloak is really fun to use.

Part of me does think that auras like hurricane shouldn’t de-cloak though (don’t shoot me).

Yeah I agree with the current meta dodge is pretty bad.
    Cloak has alot of counters too but this guy makes it out to be the worst skill ever.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 14, 2018 5:32PM
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium and light armor should be faster than heavy armor.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically what ZOS needs to do is take all the speed bonuses they just nerfed out of Swift jewelry, Major Expedition, etc. and transfer it into Medium Armor passives with permanent uptime? Is that what you guys are saying?

HAHAHAHAAHAHQAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

No.

NO.

NO!

and #@*% NO!!!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Medium and light armor should be faster than heavy armor.

And they are, next patch, light will give you cost reduction of sprint and medium give a sprint speed bonus.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t the L2P advice that gets thrown around on here to „just dodge roll or block“ hard hitting abilities and that Snipe and Incap are very easy to avoid? If you were relying on Shuffle‘s dodge component before you were playing Russian Roulette anyway. The new major evasion is unequivocally better vs a lot of damage and Templars especially will get shafted by it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ll_Rev wrote: »

Magsorcs ruin the game? Lmao.

Absolutely. They have whined away another nerf and turned it into a buff.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L

Nobody will use it though since forward momentum + blade cloak are now infinitely better and don't require medium armor. shuffle is now a meaningless skill.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L

What was actually nerfed!? Damage shields have been buffed tremendously as they are now longer and factor in resistances.