The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Class Loyalty

• Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was DK main but rarely play it anymore
    eso_nya wrote: »
    I like and play all the classes equally. I dont have a "main" or "identify" with a class.

I fail to grasp the concept of "class loyalty". If u only do single player pve content, doesnt it get boring fast, with only the same few skills over and over again? If u go into "competitive" areas, in pve u gotta a roll a new toon all few month to satisfy "meta" and how can u pvp when u dont know how to play and counter the other classes?

It would somewhat explain major parts of the "nerf this" posts, when ppl only play a single class and aint even good at that tho.

Exactly, when one has played all classes enough it opens eyes to the big picture and how wrong the "us vs them" class wars are, because at the "buff me, nerf others" -wars everyone in the end gonna only loose good and fun skills that are the flavor of each class and the whole game itself.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    What class is your main and how loyal to it are you?

You forgot one option: I don't have a profession main. I play all my alts equally.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a Templar main and rarely play alts
    The only thing that I'm more loyal to than my Magicka Templar is The Combat Physician!!!!!! gear set...

I'll walk calmly though burning lava with gasoline underwear on for that magnificent set of armor...

;,,,,;
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on October 12, 2018 6:57PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was Warden main but rarely play it anymore
    I play all the classes. It helps me in my L2P. Can't hate on a class you've played/tried to make builds for.

Truth.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a Sorc main and rarely play alts
    When update 20 happens I will be not be playing my sorc as much
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class loyalty creates a lot of biased opinions, especially if one class counters the other. I mained Templar for the first two years but I pretty much play every class. Templar is still my favorite to play because that’s the class I normally play in any mmo.

Albeit, as a player I’m generally more effective on quicker setups because of twitch reflexes.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class loyalty creates a lot of biased opinions, especially if one class counters the other. I mained Templar for the first two years but I pretty much play every class. Templar is still my favorite to play because that’s the class I normally play in any mmo.

Albeit, as a player I’m generally more effective on quicker setups because of twitch reflexes.

Your sentiment with your Templar is a similar effect I feel towards my StamNB. Sure, I can play all the classes to some varying degree of skill. But when I am on my StamNB, my performance and survivability of the class gel well with what I natively am programmed to do. I perform leagues better then all other classes combined.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a DK and that’s the character I try to get all achievements on, but I don’t have any real loyalty to the class. I have a mag and stam toon for each class that I PvP with (all equally badly, I should add), and I tend to randomly pick which one to jump into Cyrodiil with.
    I play all the classes. It helps me in my L2P. Can't hate on a class you've played/tried to make builds for.

Agree with this 100%. “Class loyalty” tends to breed bias for your class, which these forums are chock full of.

Edited by Marcus684 on October 12, 2018 10:26PM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a NB main and rarely play alts
    NB and dont have any other unless they introduce some new dark/black arts magic user class :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't vote, no "I have 4 mains with 4 different classes" option ...
    shades.gif
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTB exhaustive poll options
    PCNA

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried most everything. Kept coming back to mDK even in the tough times.

But I play mDK so rarely now, I may need to reassess if it's still my "main."
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't play alts. As a 10+ year WoW vet i know that's an easy way to get addicted and commit every free minute you have to a video game. So far i've only played a stamplar, and i'm going to race change for murkmire and be a magplar. Some times i wish i had picked a Warden or a Nightblade, but there's no way i'm making an alt and doing everything again.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Those numbers are surprisingly accurate. There does seem to be a hell of a lot more NBs and Sorcs (DPS archetype)than DKs and Templars (support archetype). Wardens, of course, are lower because you have to own Morrowind.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a crafter main and my alt was also a crafter.

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a Warden main and rarely play alts
    I log onto Alts to get hirelings, thats it.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Multiple "mains", multiple classes
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was Sorc main but rarely play it anymore
    Played a Sorc Main in PvP out of the gate.

But, this character got so involved in crafting and PvE ... that I rolled other toons for PvP only (including another Sorc).
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What class is your main and how loyal to it are you?

Many that have been around since vanilla have changed mains a number of times.

It's a rare person that is still on their original main.

Since you haven't been around that long, Pvp was originally 95%+ magicka users. (as was pve).

The biggest nerf (just in scope of power) was to MagDK's. There was a point where a well built Magdk was just unkillable.

I'd say, that the class that was most played and abandoned because they never really got their power level competitive (from being grossly and ridiculously overpowered) was Magdk.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was NB main but rarely play it anymore
    There is no option for "play other classes about equally" and I do not "rarely play alts"
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    90 percent of my playtime is still on magplar, despite having alts of every flavor, most with maxed skill lines/undaunted.

I have a few other toons geared up, but rarely play them past rewards tier 1 in PvP for the easy geodes.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was NB main but rarely play it anymore
    susmitds wrote: »
    So where is the "I am X main but I also play other classes"?
    Kinda leaves out the majority of people, imo.

Yeah that describes everyone and wouldn’t be indicative of class loyalty.

What we’re really after here is trying to see if your main is still your main ;)

However, my nb is still my main as Im still trying out new ways to play meanwhile my sorc and templar are relatively static (though I will change my templar set up)
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a Sorc main and rarely play alts
    StamSorc for life! Dark Deal and Streak (and Overload but RIP next patch) are SO useful. I'm used to intentionally over extending on my StamSorc knowing I have Streak to bug out and then LoS as needed. Also sneaking in a Dark Deal during LoS is a very critical part of my build. When I play other classes it just doesn't feel right and everything feels slower in comparison. 98% of my PvP playtime in the past year and a half is on my StamSorc.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a NB main and rarely play alts
    Have everything, play everything. Tho I play my original character MagBlade the most and StamSorc the least.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loyal to 2 mains, the rest are a variety of crafters, whose classes didn't resonate as much with me as these 2 have done:

Magicka Warden
    Stamina Nightblade Werewolf

I enjoy playing both for the diversity of play style. I may retire my Warden after the Murkmire patch and just play the Stamblade.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess if they nerf your class every patch it's like playing a new class?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc is my main but I play 6 other classes equally so can't really vote in this skewered poll
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭

My first true love was StamNB. So he is my main.

You are so right. I have every class as well. Once you experience their strengths and weakness its a different game. You don't wanna nerf everyone. Except mag sorc. It's a crutch. But they are nerfing them anyways.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class loyalty is stupid to be honest, it's one of the main reason for how bad feedback is on the forum nowadays.

Everyones too busy trying to get their main buffed while nerfing everything else. Most of the time people only actually play 1-2 class but sound like experts when calling for nerfs on classes they have never played.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much play whatever I feel like playing, I have every Class leveled with undaunted etc. as stam mag with gear on it so I can just login and hop into pvp, the only class I never really played in PvP except NonVet (<Lvl50) is magwarden, because why would I :trollface: literally every other class can do the same if not better in all aspects. #BringBackUndodgeablePidgeons #GimmeStunBackOnMagSubterrenean
    Edited by ATomiX96 on October 18, 2018 10:15AM