The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is double blockade intended or just a bug ?

Juhasow
Juhasow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently on PTS there is possibility of throwing blockades from different destruction staff types separately. Same goes for destructive reach which was working like that always. That would be great adjustment for PvE especially with enchantment changes. The question is however Is that intended change to blockade just not mentioned in patch notes or it's just a bug that will be fixed @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

leRQS9G.png
Edited by Juhasow on October 11, 2018 3:47PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be very interesting if it stayed that way.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If each staff is vMA one, do you get double LA buff?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been wishing for this for a long time! Hopefully it is intended. It makes a lot of sense TBH, no other weapon types discourage stacking single target or AoE DoTs. For example Twin Slashes does not overwrite Poison Injection, so Flame Clench should be compatible with Shock Clench. It’s not like Magicka DPS have any other weapon options, only the destruction staff. And this change would give a reason to run one lightning staff with one Inferno, without making it mandatory (most classes have enough DoTs that they don’t need another Wall of Elements). I might even bring back my Ilambris set if this change goes live.

@Kanar I doubt that you would get double Maelstrom effects, since it is a unique buff. If this happened it would be a bug.
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Nice!
    PTS-EU
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Nice!
    PTS-EU
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good find. I think it was for magden where I was going to try double walls to get the destro bonus on both bars and was disappointed to find that you could only have one at a time. I’ll have to revisit that now if this is intended.

And I don’t know for sure, but offhand it seems to me that wall is actually stronger than a lot of single target dots. I imagine most if not all classes could get a dps bump from double walls by replacing one of those dots.

Edit to also pester @ZOS_GinaBruno so we can get some company insight on whether to get excited about this find.
    Edited by jypcy on October 11, 2018 4:37PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A big lot of players would welcome this change. I am pretty sure it's a bug right now, but who knows, it could easily become a feature.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    *ZOS throwing us Mages a bone to keep us happy* hahaha I'd love this feature!
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been wishing for this for a long time! Hopefully it is intended. It makes a lot of sense TBH, no other weapon types discourage stacking single target or AoE DoTs. For example Twin Slashes does not overwrite Poison Injection, so Flame Clench should be compatible with Shock Clench. It’s not like Magicka DPS have any other weapon options, only the destruction staff. And this change would give a reason to run one lightning staff with one Inferno, without making it mandatory (most classes have enough DoTs that they don’t need another Wall of Elements). I might even bring back my Ilambris set if this change goes live.

@Kanar I doubt that you would get double Maelstrom effects, since it is a unique buff. If this happened it would be a bug.

The whole thing is a bug, so I was just curious how far down the rabbit hole it goes. Blockade is like endless hail for stam, are they gonna let bow/bow cast 2 endless hails now?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

The whole thing is a bug, so I was just curious how far down the rabbit hole it goes. Blockade is like endless hail for stam, are they gonna let bow/bow cast 2 endless hails now?

I disagree. Bow/bow is two of the same weapon and there is no difference between the two endless hails, so they obviously would not stack. I do not think that two fire walls should stack. However, if mixing different elements, like lightning and fire, you must be using two different weapon types, and the resulting AoEs are clearly defined with different skill names, icons, animations and effects.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 11, 2018 5:36PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it work on same type aswell or only on different?
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

But bows are the same. With Destruction Staves, you have three different elements, which do three very different effects.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If each staff is vMA one, do you get double LA buff?

No. Maelstorm destro is set bonus so it's like expecting to get 2x ravager proc because You have 10 pieces of ravager..

Edited by Juhasow on October 11, 2018 6:42PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blockade same as Destructive Touch and destro ulti are totally different from other weapons abilities since they are getting completly changed based on what type of destruction staff You're using. It's almost like destruction staff is 3 different skill lines so it's pretty different from bow or even from two handers or dual wield. For the record Destructive Touch works like that since always and when You have 2 different destro staves You can keep 2 different Dots from it and I also think destro ult works like that.

Edited by Juhasow on October 11, 2018 9:41PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been wishing for this for a long time!

While this is likely a bug as I would expect Zos would have posted such a change, we used to be able to put down multiple WoE from the same staff. There was a solid Sorc raid build that placed several down then do a couple other skills then rinse and repeat.

Of course that was in the first year of this game.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wanna bet it takes 1 patch cycle and we won´t be able to doublereach anymore?

thanks for mentioning that :tired_face:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    wanna bet it takes 1 patch cycle and we won´t be able to doublereach anymore?

thanks for mentioning that :tired_face:

No problem.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Does it work on same type aswell or only on different?

Only different staff types.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rule of thumb around here: If it's a buff, it's a bug. If it's a nerf, it's intended even if it was originally a bug.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really like the double walls.

Brings some flavor to destroy staves instead of uwuwuwuwuwu double fire.
  • daedemrwb17_ESO

Magicka DPS are already better than Stamina while being ranged. Melee isn't even run in vAS or vCR so I don't know why they need a bone thrown to them in PvE.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka DPS are already better than Stamina while being ranged. Melee isn't even run in vAS or vCR so I don't know why they need a bone thrown to them in PvE.

They are not better because of DPS. They are only better choice because of current dungeon mechanics which is entirely unfavorable for melee range. Stam DPS hits harder but they are melee. And melee range is currently not favorable for PvE. Stamblade parses higher than Magblade. StamDK parses higher than mDK (worse yet, mDK is melee) just to give few example. MNB is only favorable because it is the highest ranged DPS as mag and due to the mechanics.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on October 12, 2018 1:35AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because of Murkmire changes :tongue:
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will step in at this point and tell you guys, that double blockade is not intended by ZoS and will not stay as on the PTS. This either will be resolved in the next PTS patch or at the latest, when Murkmire goes live. As much as I remember double clench is in the game for already a long time, so this will surely stay.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this too. hope it is intended
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this too. hope it is intended

read the post above.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    I will step in at this point and tell you guys, that double blockade is not intended by ZoS and will not stay as on the PTS. This either will be resolved in the next PTS patch or at the latest, when Murkmire goes live. As much as I remember double clench is in the game for already a long time, so this will surely stay.

Pity. Is this already confirmed by ZoS ?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was confirmed in a discord.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't even need Discord. Anything unintentionally decent is unintended by ZOS. Anything unintetionally only good for Stamblade will be confirmed as intended but left out in the notes.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel