The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spying

ryh
ryh
✭✭✭
Is spying allowed?

For example: will I get ban if I login on yellow char just to help reds or blues scroll get back from yellow keep?

For example: will I get ban if I login on blue char and play inside blue group but raprt through TS/Discord on whispers with some yellow or red mates to help them to prepare against blue moves?

For example: will I get ban if I will login as red char but play together with small yellow group and reveal for them other red hidden/sneaking players?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spying is not a banable offense. However, if you let them use a gap closer on you to get into a keep, that is a banable offense.
  • ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    So... When saw that someone from my fraction stand at edge of keep and some enemies use him to get into keep with gap closer I just report and ZOS can check that without proove like video? Can they check some logos of players movement at that area/time or something?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players have planted spies in other alliances since the first week of the game. Many players have multiple accounts so they can do it easily while still playing.

Unless they do something to violate the ToS then what have they done wrong?

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/terms-of-service
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    ryh wrote: »
    So... When saw that someone from my fraction stand at edge of keep and some enemies use him to get into keep with gap closer I just report and ZOS can check that without proove like video? Can they check some logos of players movement at that area/time or something?

I think most grafic cards have a feature that alows you to record while you play, so its very easy if you enable this function and then go back and give ZOS a timestamp and proof of when something happened...
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SPAIS!!!!
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    ….Attacks farm, enemy sees farm is under attack via the map, sends whole faction to kill me....

IMO I don't see what game changing info a spy could deliver. Most groups don't publicly broadcast their plans in zone chat...

Maybe the spy can report where everyone is (for those who don't know how to use or read the map) so another faction can strike at Warden, Black Boot or Kings Crest...as if you'd need s spy to tell you those are undefended...

Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    am a spai
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • courier
    courier
    ✭✭✭
    I spy for DC
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spy for the NSA. Playing ESO AvA gets you on some particularly worrisome watchlists. All this talk of bombing and deposement....
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction Lock now
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Im a spai confirmed :smiley:
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

Omg i knew it! I'm telling @ag09g (who is definately not a spai)
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • ag09g
    ag09g
    Soul Shriven
    As a pure and loyal AD, this revelation about Iskra is deeply troubling to me.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    ag09g wrote: »
    As a pure and loyal AD, this revelation about Iskra is deeply troubling to me.

:smiley:
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dang spais!!

I don't think spying is as big of an issue as some people make it to be. There are some times where people have logged onto alt characters to help one of their guildies gap close into a keep to relocate their scroll.
    But if someone just pvps on different factions without causing issues, like myself, they're no harm.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're allowed to play for multiple factions. There's noway for ZoS to know your intentions, so scroll trolling or other types of sabotage is sadly fine.

I mean, maybe you picked the scroll and run it back to the other faction, because you're a massive idiot? Maybe you exceeded siege limit with crap, because don't know mechanics? So even if ZoS actually cared(which they don't) about stopping dirty play, they wouldn't do anything.

Amount of people that cares enough(about score) to actually spy, are are more or less non-existent anyway. Most people only care about AP.

That's also why they jump faction, because another side gets better PvP with higher AP potential. Others do it because they have friends in all factions and wanna play with them.
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only thing you need is an email from ZOS asking you to rethink your life and evaluate your choices because you decided to play on an enemy faction just to spy on a pixelated scroll that change hands a few times daily, instead of playing on the faction you like and enjoy pvp with whatever precious playtime you put in.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spy-on-a-neighbor-revised.jpg
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

Wow wow wow
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    spy-on-a-neighbor-revised.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 🤣😂
    Edited by Dominion_Nightblade on October 10, 2018 5:25PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well... we don't know exactly what they log. But even if you don't video, I would report the players and include where and what ability. This very specifically has been called out by ZOS as a bannable exploit and they have tried to remove all places where it is possible.

Not like the glory days when DKs could leap onto keep walls if an enemy ventured to close to the edge. :'(
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even more fun than spying, get some guildies together and form a multi-faction zerg (ideally with several players from all 3 factions) and then proceed to run around and attack *everyone* you come across.

Most fun i ever had in Cyrodiil ...
    w00t.gif
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    secret argonian agendas.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Well... we don't know exactly what they log. But even if you don't video, I would report the players and include where and what ability. This very specifically has been called out by ZOS as a bannable exploit and they have tried to remove all places where it is possible.

Not like the glory days when DKs could leap onto keep walls if an enemy ventured to close to the edge. :'(

To add to the point that we don’t know what they log, remember to consider how much space the data needs to be stored and for how long and multiply that by all the players. Plus the processing of that data and disk IO speed. ... well you need to just make videos. Don’t assume they log stuff that you would assume is logged. It’s not always technically feasible. Adding to the point here; not disagreeing. I would speculate that much of what you assume is logged cannot be realistically logged. Best case scenario is they do some statistical analysis of the data as it comes in and collapse that to something more reasonable and log that. But even that’s a stretch considering we can’t even get server-side calculations to be fast since we moved them from client-side calculations.

Why are we not doing everything client-side with client-side certs being generated upon each logon to encrypt the data. Then no tampering of the data and performance goes back to what it was before I started playing. But I hear it was amazing when the clients were doing all the hard calculations. But the hackers immediately started tampering with that and they had to move it all server-side. Which killed performance. Understandably so. I mean, I’m surprised a dolmen in the Alikir desert even runs as well as it does. Considering all that is calulcated server-side. Let alone PvP zones with a hundred players laying down the AoEs and all else.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    But I hear it was amazing when the clients were doing all the hard calculations. But the hackers immediately started tampering with that and they had to move it all server-side. Which killed performance. Understandably so. I mean, I’m surprised a dolmen in the Alikir desert even runs as well as it does. Considering all that is calulcated server-side. Let alone PvP zones with a hundred players laying down the AoEs and all else.
    That's not fact. There has been crippling server performance since the summer the game was launched. Memory hacking was widely proven to be possible years later and there's no evidence that has changed.

ZOS has stated on record that the patch known by players as the lighting/bot update did not introduce server changes that contribute to server performance issues. They've explained their analysis showed decreased performance was the result of player progression -- as characters reached higher levels, they had increased capacity to lag the server. Also, if you watch videos of the first couple of months of AvA, it's clear almost no one knew how to play which is probably why the server wasn't taxed.

This was also observed on the non-vet/pre-50 campaigns which were generally far less laggy.
    Edited by zyk on October 11, 2018 1:15AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh sure, they don't log everything.

But if you can report X player using X ability was able to get into the X side of X keep at the postern/gate/etc., then they can address that particular loophole if so. And have done so before; I still ride off the cliff at Ales on the farm side expecting stairs to be there. :D
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Even more fun than spying, get some guildies together and form a multi-faction zerg (ideally with several players from all 3 factions) and then proceed to run around and attack *everyone* you come across.

Most fun i ever had in Cyrodiil ...
    w00t.gif

That actually sounds pretty.... awesome!
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is spying allowed?

For example: will I get ban if I login on yellow char just to help reds or blues scroll get back from yellow keep?

For example: will I get ban if I login on blue char and play inside blue group but raprt through TS/Discord on whispers with some yellow or red mates to help them to prepare against blue moves?

For example: will I get ban if I will login as red char but play together with small yellow group and reveal for them other red hidden/sneaking players?

You forgot the "asking for a friend" part :p
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spies in this game will never ever equate to the infamous antics on Eve Online, no offence to any wannabe spais here ;)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logging in just to read chat, follow people around etc. in theory there is nothing against this.

Actively working to help other factions has been a "grey area" but in more recent times ZOS seems to be very much against it.
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Spies in this game will never ever equate to the infamous antics on Eve Online, no offence to any wannabe spais here ;)
    Mittens is that you? :wink:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."