The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Immovable

aeowulf
aeowulf
✭✭✭✭✭
Immovable: Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by 15%, and reduced the duration of the crowd control immunity buff granted to 4 seconds from 5 seconds.

Any got a clue why this has happened? It's made this already under used skill less appealing if anything :(

And it's bugged - Doesn't work with meditate :P j/k but it's kinda true - there are numerous mobs that seem to ignore it, unlike blocking which is not ignored.
  • SergeantPink
    SergeantPink
    ✭✭✭
    Cost reduction is nice. That’s one reason why no one uses it.
  • Andferne
    Andferne
    ✭✭✭
    The change is most likely to keep it in line with the change to major expedition. I would not be surprised to see more major buffs have their duration changed to 4 seconds.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15% cost reduction and 20% duration reduction. It almost sounds like a nerf :)
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything must be 4s!1!!!11!
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly the severs are so smooth, they thought "Lets have all calculations done every four seconds"

And I have to guess they rhought that when things last longer than four seconds we must have been getting bored playing our toons instead of buff refershing.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    15% cost reduction and 20% duration reduction. It almost sounds like a nerf :)

I would much rather this had a 15% cost reduction and a 20% duration increase. It's just got less efficient in performance per cost and GCD/duration. (as in now 'costs' a GCD every 4 seconds not 5)

I think the reason no one uses it is that the immovable duration is too short. Unlike major expedition where you cast it and the benefit is immediately available, immovable is more of an insurance policy vs incoming CC. I don't think your car insurance should cost the same as your car, whether you claim or not. If you are in a position where can predict that CC coming in enough that you can cast immovable, you may as well block it because that's significantly cheaper, (like 1/10 the cost), works against all CC and will also reduce damage taken.

Underused skill, made worse.
    Edited by aeowulf on October 8, 2018 9:24PM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was a silly change imo.

No one uses this skill because of the short duration. It's better to break free every 5 seconds than use a precious global cooldown every 4 seconds.

This skill stopped being used after it got nerfed from 8 seconds to 5 seconds and people just used break free instead. Back then it also made you immune to enemy negates!
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im actually going to revisit this skill in patch time. Mainly bc i forget what it does.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im actually going to revisit this skill in patch time. Mainly bc i forget what it does.

Wasn't much before and even less now :(

It gives you major resolve/ward - so two buffs every class already has. NB even get them as a passive making this literally completely useless in that regard. The morphed versions give you 4% cost reduction on break free or longer resolve/ward...

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovable once was a really good skill that every raid group in PvP was running. With the huge cost increase and the duration Nerf it got nobody bothered with it. The change now isn’t going to alleviate that.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never used this ever,

Adding something useful to this skill i.e. minor protection etc can give some life to this skill!
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Immovable once was a really good skill that every raid group in PvP was running. With the huge cost increase and the duration Nerf it got nobody bothered with it. The change now isn’t going to alleviate that.

It's also got changed to heavy armour wearers only after that change, making it even more limited.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea behind it was to standartize Shuffle, Forward Momentum and Immovable. It's still a bad skill though.

And despite ZOS's claim that they want a seamless transition between PvP and PvE immunity to CC (and snares) is a lot less useful in PvE since most mechanics ignore said immunity. Kinda sad too since it would be pretty nice to be able to use immovable/shuffle and prevent those nasty ublockable knock downs or snares that are "oh so common" in the latest dungeons.