The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anguish is now useless

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, so now it impacts multiple enemies who enter the ring?

So a zerg spamming light attacks can drop these things all over?

Does it stack if two people proc it on you at the same time?

Do the effects from multiple rings stack?
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play stamplar, thank GOD HIMSELF this set got nerfed. Good riddance I hope it never gets crafted.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A sad thing is that, in the first place, they should have known this set would be too strong.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This with Sellistrix you say
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how a set should be made.

Not OP, but not worthless.

It's actually still REALLY good on healthden and other melee tank builds.

Think about it, if you're running Zaan + Reverb + Anguish with say snares and roots....

But you just can't slap it on any ole Stam build and day GG.

Well done ZoS
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    This shouldn't be the answer ever. Really glad this set got nerfed

They should have changed it entirely so that Stam got a powerful set for once that wasn't cheesey.

Face it powerfull means cheesy.

Amplification of your strength is not cheesy. Sets that do damage for you are. And yes the original form of Anguish was cheesy. I was hoping they were going to rework it entirely, but nope it's just another useless set that wasn't even worth working on. They should've just allocated their time on something else instead of wasting it on the creation of this set.

Well at least the time they spent creating this OP set and then nerfing it into oblivion was time they didn't get to spend nerfing any more existing sets/classes into the ground.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless that ring is 10 meters, No one is going to use that set

Anyone who says otherwise is lying
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. I wish misfortune upon anyone who was looking forward to this set in its original form.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Daus wow dude, you were getting really excited for this set weren’t you. You do realize it was cheese right? Like you obviously liked it just because you were gonna have a crutch again for the first time since the Viper/Selene/Veli proc days.

I’m almost exclusively a stam player and I know that stam doesn’t need an aids set like this to be viable. Git gud bruh XD
  • eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    Great change. Would have been a disaster. So easy to integrate into most stam dps builds, so easy to apply and re-apply, no effective counterplay. Now it is more similar to other proc'ing sets. It will still be very tough against builds dependent on heals to survive burst, especially magicka builds that are often low on stamina... but at least now everyone won't be using it.
    Edited by eol on October 8, 2018 9:13PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised OP thought for a moment that set would not be changed. It was pretty obvious. Especially after the changes to defile Zos made last update.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found out the radius yet?
    Edited by Tonturri on October 8, 2018 9:19PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being realistic for a second, this new iteration is actually just as cancerous, if not more so since its an AoE now, as its original form when used by zergs so I expect just as much salt, if not more, from people that get caught by its proc.

Least you can argue that it's because the player didn't get out the AoE in time. I'm looking forward to the hate >:)
    Argonian forever
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A kind person in the Sorc discord found the radius to be 2.5m. You can also exit the AoE without letting go of block w/ a sword and shield.

Double the radius, decrease the activation time to 1 sec, and we're good.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a high risk high reward set. I don't get what people don't understand about this. Some people like to spin the wheel. This is a set that is designed around spinning the wheel, on top of the fact that supremely tanky player with healing support running this set at a choke point will absolutely turn the tide in siege PVP.

So weird how this player base reacts to stuff. Random people commenting about 1 sec shield cast being okay now crying about "Stam has no sets" lol....

Stam has most op proc sets in the freaking game that require no skill on top of some of the best gap closers and single target ultimates.

Seriously if you can't get kill as a Stam DPS, I don't know what's wrong with you.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »

Why stop there. Let's give it a 200m radius and an activation time of -1 sec, so in other words it will always be active.

This set is still too strong and you want to make it even stronger?
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

Why stop there. Let's give it a 200m radius and an activation time of -1 sec, so in other words it will always be active.

Did you even read the rest of the post. The slowest builds in the game can easily get out of it.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No it's useless.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A kind person in the Sorc discord found the radius to be 2.5m. You can also exit the AoE without letting go of block w/ a sword and shield.

I would prefer they scraped the healing debuff entirely and have it turned into a stam version of Strategist instead. Now it's dead and once again Stam gets nothing new.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it's useless.

I will play it on my healthden. I'm already light attacking like crazy, facing 2/3 opponents while on top of them.

With reverb it's an absolutely lovely tank support BG set.

Say I proc it against a mobile NB on a flag or in the middle of a brawl, sure he may get out but that flag will be a death zone for his allies or the other team.

Yes it is pretty bad for a standard 2/3 GCD normal Stam build; but it would have been WAY too good. Like it made sload look tame. I really don't see how all but 1 class could even attempt to counter the old version.
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 8, 2018 10:51PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you have a 25% chance you proc a ring on the ground that explodes after 1.2 seconds causing the debuff with a 6 second cool down.

Sorry Stam, once again we don't get anything good while magicka gets two very powerful sets.

Really? Just reverb once the light attack procs and now they are 50% defiled and their hots won't reach the anguish cap effectively nullifying all healing for 4 seconds ever x seconds on anguish proc.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you even read the rest of the post. The slowest builds in the game can easily get out of it.

So a stamina build high on speed-buffs can get out of it while blocking.
    What about the perma-rooted and perma-snared magicka builds? You know, those guys that set is primarily aimed at?
    [...] you were getting really excited for this set weren’t you. You do realize it was cheese right? Like you obviously liked it just because you were gonna have a crutch again for the first time since the Viper/Selene/Veli proc days.

I’m almost exclusively a stam player and I know that stam doesn’t need an aids set like this to be viable. Git gud bruh XD

Pretty much this.

Until there are anti-stamina cancer sets like shield breaker and this crap here against magicka builds, there is no reason for you to cry for OP stuff like that.
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    I thought this was what everyone wanted?

Nerfed yes, not into being useless as it has been.
    Edited by twitch_zero on October 8, 2018 11:48PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There needs to be some nice med armor sets which give a lot of stats actually. Med armor only gets hardcore cheese proc sets which get nerfed anyways.

The only good stat set which actually can drop in med armor is Impreg...
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on October 8, 2018 11:52PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set being added to the game makes zero sense they just had to nerf defile because it was to strong because of the Stam sets so they try to add somthon g that is stronger than defile. The set needs a whole new 5 pc
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There needs to be some nice med armor sets which give a lot of stats actually. Med armor only gets hardcore cheese proc sets which get nerfed anyways.

Bone Pirate, Draugr, Shacklebreaker (crafted!), Hunding's Rage (crafted!)...I could go on, but I've made my point
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The set was cursed to begin with and would have been Sload's 2.0. Good that they gutted it before it went live.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

Bone Pirate, Draugr, Shacklebreaker (crafted!), Hunding's Rage (crafted!)...I could go on, but I've made my point

Magicka has BP now, a stronger version of Hulking, Shackle is a decent combination of damage and resource management, and yes Hundings is the best option on that list; which there's an analogous version of that for magicka called Julianos which no one uses because there's superior sets. Something I can't say about stam.

You've made my point actually because anything stam has magicka has; except its stronger.

The sets people consider to be the strongest potential damaging sets for stam either have a slow build up like Fury, a 10% chance to proc when dealing damage (Heritance), 10% chance to proc when receiving damage (Seventh), or an 8% chance when dealing melee damage (Ravager).

And what kind of conditions does magicka need? Land one light attack and you get 500 spell damage for 5 seconds with a 4 second cool down on top of the 258 spell damage, and 1096 max magicka you get from the 2-4 piece.

Yeah so when I say magicka gets the powerful gear, and stam keeps drawing the short straw that's because that's a fact. Magicka continuously gets spoiled in this game and as soon as Zenimax tries to balance them the magicka community behaves exactly how you'd expect a spoiled toddler to act, and ultimately what was originally a fair nerf (40% cap) becomes a slap on the wrist.

Which is the complete opposite of what happens with stam. Not only did our crutch PvE set get a harsh nerf, but the only new set worth equipping gets gutted.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on October 9, 2018 2:50AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, unless that ring is 10 meters wide, No one is going to use a set you can walk out of with no issues.

You won't use it on any class that aoe down large numbers of people either like Stam Warden, because a Stam Warden isn't about a Heal debuff and working people down..Stam Wardens are about huge burst, and you give up huge burst running that set.

This set basically went from really good to Twin Sisters in span of a few PTS patches..so grats i guess.

We needed more garbage sets no one uses

*edit*

Oh yea, just wanted to clear something up, If it is 10 meters, Congrats on making a Zergball set for zerging twerps...cause that's who is going to use it the most.

Edited by Xsorus on October 9, 2018 3:06AM
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think this puts the set in a nice niche, that of pressure tanks as some have said. Maybe pair with might of the lost legion for some synergy and yeah git gud at landing reverb on proc and it still has a place.

Yeah stamdens and stamblades didn't get a new toy but who cares. Obviously this set wasnt meant for them. ZoS does need to make a medium Ravager or BSW or whatever but that's a red herring argument.