Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New Player, Help with DLCs and ESO PLUS membership!

Naaura
Naaura
✭✭
Hello I am new to the game.
My friend invited me to play this game many years ago but I havent touched past level 5 or 7 (do not remember), but I am returning to play this game as I'm quitting another MMO.

Can I get a summary whats the difference between getting ESO plus membership and buying the actual DLCs? If one of them is worth it or both?
I was also really happy to see the Morrowind expansion and saw that you can start a character in there, specifically how?

Note: I have read the forums, blog, youtube for basic tips and advises. But if theres anything I should know, any help would be appreciated :)

Fan of the elder scrolls series since TES: Morrowind
Bought all games and dlcs.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest none, till you get Lv 50 at least, preferrably 160 CP (takes a month or so, unless you rush it). The base game has plenty to offer (75% of the game content) and you will have a good idea of the game. Once you get to 160 CP, get ESO+ and the Summerset expansion (Morrowind is free with ESO+).
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I am reading what you ask for, I hope this helps. If not, sorry if I miss understood you.

With ESO+ for me, it's what 50 cents a day. Or $23 a month Canadian. (I know the numbers don't add up but for sake of argument. For that, I get the inventory bag. So any flowers, wood chopping, food ingrediants, stones you collect go in their and not your inventory on your character. That is huge for me. It's why I have it. Also you get 1500 crowns a month soon to be 1650. (not sure if prices will up in the stores because of this or not. Tin foil hat on.) No matter, I like saving what I get so I can buy something later. Stuff like weapons, armour and anything that is not use to make things go into your character stash. Again this is a huge space savings.

If you have ESO+ you get DOUBLE bank space and I believe house stuff. Not sure what the double for house stuff is. I think it's double furnishing allotment but not sure. But the double bank space is great.

You do buy more storage for character and bank space with in game gold you find. The bank space upgrade you get is double though. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. Would be nice if character storage was doubled as well but it's not.

You also get the DLCs for free. Not "stories". I guess "stories" is not DLC until Zenimax says it's DLC, aka Morrowind. So if you don't have Summerset you will START on Morrowind if you have ESO+ or the Morrowind DLC. This will go away once you have Summerset, you will start there. Just remember talk to the "HOODED PERSON" when you see them so you can start the main quest when you get to your faction main city.

For me, with the money I saved up by ESO+ money I buy the DLC packs when they are released from time to time. This way I own the DLC but more important, I get the horse and pet that comes with the package. Sometimes it's released once or twice a year I think.

Since I am on PC now I stopped my ESO+ for Xbox since I don't play on it anymore. I did try playing once but with now ESO+ and no craft bag, it was really tough for me because I am so use to my craft bag. Thing is if you ever have to stop your ESO+, you DON'T loose what is in the craft bag, but you can't add anything to it. If you are a horder and pick up everything you find, you will see your character storage fills up fast.

One more not. Warden class HAS TO BE BOUGHT, I don't think it comes with Morrowind ESO+. Someone please confirm or correct me please.

Sorry for babbling. Will try and make it easier but was talking as my point of view.

1500 free crowns a month to buy stuff in the ESO store. (soon to be 1650)
    ALL DLC free, except for "stories". That is Summerset.
    While Morrowind is included with the DLC, remember the Warden class needs to be bought separately.
    10% Character experience and research.
    Storage Bag. (reason why I only have ESO+)

Hope this helps. While ESO+ is not needed, I would recommend it. Also once you are out of the tutorial section go to the Theives Den and speak to Amanda Crowe. Get the Dark Brotherhood quest and start that first. Why? For me, while I don't think I am killing people, I am knocking them out, (since they come back anyway) and to do this you need a power called "Blade of Woe" and can only get that by doing the first quest for the Dark Brotherhood. After getting the Blade of Woe, you don't need to finish the quest if you want to do something else. This helps so much for a sneaking character I like to play.

Hope my blabbering helps. Good luck.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to add this in.

As for buying DLC and getting ESO+ I don't recommend it. Others do because they like to support Zenimax but as I said I wait till the DLC to buy is in the package to get the horse mount and what ever else comes with it. For example, I bought the DLC that included the horse mount and soul scriven skins.

If buying just DLC with no package for me, I rather buy something else in the ESO store that I want.

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the huge difference and very much worth getting ESO+ is the unlimited craft bag !
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you sub, you get crowns. You can use the crowns to buy the dlc if you want; that way if you drop the sub for any reason you'll keep access to the dlcs. You get the crafting bag, double bank space, and iirc, additional space for decorating your housing.

If you have Morrowind, just make a new character; you'll start off with the Morrowind story. You can start Morrowind and then go to the mainland to do the original stories, and go back to Morrowind afterwards.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    For me the huge difference and very much worth getting ESO+ is the unlimited craft bag !
    Yes but at low level you don't need to hoard gear.
    You can always add an alt for more storage, this is nice anyway to get an head start on horse feeding.
    At cp160 I say its worth it at least if you get lots of inventory problems and definitely if you are into crafting or houses
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Yes but at low level you don't need to hoard gear.
    You can always add an alt for more storage, this is nice anyway to get an head start on horse feeding.
    At cp160 I say its worth it at least if you get lots of inventory problems and definitely if you are into crafting or houses

To me this is not true. Again it's for me and I am not saying you are wrong, but when I tried playing on Xbox One where I don't have ESO+ gathering all the materials adds up really fast, having mules doesn't really help. Also hoarding the gear is a great way to deconstruct or sell to level up the crafting skills or make a bit of coin. Maybe I am not playing "correctly" but I have always been a hoarder in TES games so I just can't help it.

So for me ESO+ is a must. 50 cents a day, and I am having so much more fun than trying to save 50 cents a day.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    I suggest none, till you get Lv 50 at least, preferrably 160 CP (takes a month or so, unless you rush it). The base game has plenty to offer (75% of the game content) and you will have a good idea of the game. Once you get to 160 CP, get ESO+ and the Summerset expansion (Morrowind is free with ESO+).

This^^^

To piggyback on this, if at the end of the month, you really like the game and see yourself playing it for another year (at least), then buy ESO Plus. Its much cheaper than buying each of the DLCs piecemeal. You get all the DLCs with ESO Plus
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DLCs are going on sale this year. (Next month I’m guessing) and the latest one is free if you log in everyday in November. If you’re considering buying DLC now is the best time to do it especially if you do not have ESO+.

(ALL DLC APART FROM THE DUNGEON DLC ARE GOING ON SALE)