The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Small Scaler’s Wishlist

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT, "I can't get good, so the ceiling should be lowered"

most of the things he asked for hurt noobs and big groups the most lol.

also, id love for that revive change to happen. its so annoying when you kill 4-5 people out of a 15 man group, have to move away from the destro ult/negate/any ground based ult zone the group dropped, and then they rez everyone you killed.

Everytime i mention a battle revive balance i get flamed by the mass noobs on this forum xD
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    1. is just plain a poorly thought out idea. It would encourage players to leave Cyrodiil sooner.
    2. We have to see someone in sneak to be able to hit them with a dot so it is pointless. If you happen upon them we already have a means to pull them out of stealth.
    3. Restricting heals (and healing sets) to only work for the person wearing/casting them seems like a poor idea. I can explain why but it just seems so obvious.
    4. LOL.
    5. Rapids has already been nerfed to only affect the group. It was designed as a group buff.

I am stopping there. This really sounds like the small group needs to run with a larger group or find better strats if these items are causing so much trouble for them.

they aren't causing trouble. it's just a wish list to make this game more in line with MMOs that have had more competitive PvP that rewarded skillful play.

Each of these items is designed to reward skillful play and penalize zerging without punishing the zerglings individually. That is all.

PS: i meant add a dot component to snipe, not to put a dot on the sniper. ;)

Considering you want to nerf heals in a game that has a short TTK it seems more like you want to make the game less challenging. Maybe it is the way you approached it or the games you are comparing it to are very easy to kill someone.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. is just plain a poorly thought out idea. It would encourage players to leave Cyrodiil sooner.
    2. We have to see someone in sneak to be able to hit them with a dot so it is pointless. If you happen upon them we already have a means to pull them out of stealth.
    3. Restricting heals (and healing sets) to only work for the person wearing/casting them seems like a poor idea. I can explain why but it just seems so obvious.
    4. LOL.
    5. Rapids has already been nerfed to only affect the group. It was designed as a group buff.

I am stopping there. This really sounds like the small group needs to run with a larger group or find better strats if these items are causing so much trouble for them.

they aren't causing trouble. it's just a wish list to make this game more in line with MMOs that have had more competitive PvP that rewarded skillful play.

Each of these items is designed to reward skillful play and penalize zerging without punishing the zerglings individually. That is all.

Considering you want to nerf heals in a game that has a short TTK it seems more like you want to make the game less challenging. Maybe it is the way you approached it or the games you are comparing it to are very easy to kill someone.

I want to nerf AOE healing... the kind of healing taken advantage of by large, organized groups.

This isn’t the kind of healing that beginners get.

I’m often accused of being one of those unkillable tanks even though I run two dmg sets. This is because my team has an amazing healer and the Stam dps are all amazing and synchronized at stacking vigor

A nerf to healing springs would hurt ball groups the most. My bias against that playstyle should be pretty apparent. I want to reward skillful play, not skillfully-assembled group compositions.

Edited by Thogard on October 3, 2018 4:58PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Cyrodiil is suppose to be large scale warfare whether you like it or not.. people keep forgetting.

No. Its meant to be all scale at launch, but devolved into large scale after terrible balancing.

You can tell it was all scale as they had dynamic mechanics at launch, and way less power limiters, so good players could use that extra power vs not so good players to a greater extent.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the perspective of the GM of a small scale guild on PC NA that typically runs 4-6. Heavy focus on Stam lineup. Strong Stam bias is acknowledged. Here’s my wishlist of changes that would balance the game from our perspective without directly hurting other playstyles:

1. Battlespirit buff - the time it takes an ally to rez you is doubled for each death you have in a 2min window, with the window resetting on every new death.
    5. Rapids only breaks snares/roots for the caster, or for 4, or something along those lines.
    6. Fall damage reduction CP - for the lulz

These three (and the war elephant, of course) are good ideas imo.

The rest are....problematic.

Making steel tornado a channel would be funny AF though.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the perspective of the GM of a small scale guild on PC NA that typically runs 4-6. Heavy focus on Stam lineup. Strong Stam bias is acknowledged. Here’s my wishlist of changes that would balance the game from our perspective without directly hurting other playstyles:

1. Battlespirit buff - the time it takes an ally to rez you is doubled for each death you have in a 2min window, with the window resetting on every new death.
    5. Rapids only breaks snares/roots for the caster, or for 4, or something along those lines.

These three (and the war elephant, of course) are good ideas imo.

The rest are....problematic.

Making steel tornado a channel would be funny AF though.
    I honestly use ST primarily to bust nbs out of cloak . If it’s a channel then they can’t bash it anyway without breaking cloak :)

But I also use it to spam with other spinny Stambois. It’s OP when stacked like that, for the same reason destro ult is op when stacked.
    Edited by Thogard on October 3, 2018 8:26PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. LOL.

I want to nerf AOE healing... the kind of healing taken advantage of by large, organized groups.

Pretty much the only healing ESO has is AOE. Considering only one of the single target heals can actually be targeted you are essentially asking for a nerf to healing in PvP in general.

This is also the kind of healing beginners get, for whatever reason you find that relevant. The first heal available to everyone is AoE and it is the one you want to nerf extremely hard, to the point it would be virtually useless.
    4. LOL.

A nerf to healing springs would hurt ball groups the most.

It would hurt any group with a healer, including small groups.

With your follow up comments it seems my earlier comment is supported even further.

The best small group I ran with could take on large zergs. It takes good leadership and good team planning.
    Edited by idk on October 3, 2018 8:31PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never knew I needed this til now. :naughty:
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not bad ideas. Will never happen though.

ZOS doesn't want to link things to battle-spirit anymore than they already have
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #RemoveCampsPermanently!
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    I never knew I needed this til now. :naughty:

Out of all the things that would hurt beginners, following a 1vXer going off a Cliff who lands at 80%hp while the beginner lands at 20%, right into spin2win... would be brutal :)

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. LOL.

Pretty much the only healing ESO has is AOE. Considering only one of the single target heals can actually be targeted you are essentially asking for a nerf to healing in PvP in general.

This is also the kind of healing beginners get, for whatever reason you find that relevant. The first heal available to everyone is AoE and it is the one you want to nerf extremely hard, to the point it would be virtually useless.
    4. LOL.

With your follow up comments it seems my earlier comment is supported even further.

The best small group I ran with could take on large zergs. It takes good leadership and good team planning.

Healing springs on a small group healer that fights Zergs?

What server are you on? I want to find these Zergs that are so small or so bad that the small scalers are able to stay in one place.

Because on pc NA the Zergs won’t waste any time before introducing you to their friends scattershot and meatbag.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....a laggfree environment to play within...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not crazy about the list, except for the map position indicator for large groups - that's sounds great!

You touched on a lot of things that do need addressing though, I just don't think many of those would be my preferred fix.
    Edited by Solariken on October 3, 2018 9:09PM
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard I think you are a good and reasonable guy, I respect you and I mostly agree, but some of the nerfs you are asking for are not the right way to go. I've also seen your comment in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/438779/rofl-at-the-speed-nerfs-guess-who-wasnt-nerfed-ball-groups/p2

How many people do you usually run with? I agree that rezzing needs to be changed for the reasons that you mentioned, but nerfing maneuver or healing will change combat too much.
    We are running as a ball group with around 12 people at the moment and we are sometimes fighting a whole faction. Your suggestions would probably ruin us. Sometimes we raid with less people. You can start a ball group with around 8 people, but you will lack sustain, heal, damage and mobility. Your changes will make it impossible to run with "low" numbers ("low" because 8-12 people is probably not low for you, but it kinda is when you are looking at the relation of 12 vs 60+)

I'm pretty sure your group could wipe a ball group with 8-12 people, so they are not the problem. The real problem are those raids that run with around 20 people and loads of healers so that they can rezz while getting healed. That's why I'm asking why not simply lower group size, let maneuver only hit 16 people or less at once? Or, as you mentioned, change the rezzing system.

Not the groups that play organized like your group and the group that I play with should be punished, but the groups that pretend to be organized, that get carried by numbers and sets (my opinion).

I really hope they will not nerf small scale and mobility as much as they are planning to.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. LOL.

4. LOL.

What server are you on? I want to find these Zergs that are so small or so bad that the small scalers are able to stay in one place.

Because on pc NA the Zergs won’t waste any time before introducing you to their friends scattershot and meatbag.

Of course. A good small group with a capable player in command keeps their group together instead of acting like a rag tag group.

The best lead I ran with was Worthless Princess. Unfortunately went back to GW2 due to the poor performance and some crap Zos did in the first year of the game. A large number of the better PvP players left then. Some are still here ofc.

Of course he had us work as a group. Just because a small group is formed does not mean they are working as a group.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. LOL.

4. LOL.

Of course. A good small group with a capable player in command keeps their group together instead of acting like a rag tag group.

The best lead I ran with was Worthless Princess. Unfortunately went back to GW2 due to the poor performance and some crap Zos did in the first year of the game. A large number of the better PvP players left then. Some are still here ofc.

Of course he had us work as a group. Just because a small group is formed does not mean they are working as a group.

Are you on PC NA? You didn’t answer my question. If you are, what guild / group do you PvP with?

I like knowing the context and of players who are posting so I can know the frame of reference for their opinions.
    @Thogard I think you are a good and reasonable guy, I respect you and I mostly agree, but some of the nerfs you are asking for are not the right way to go. I've also seen your comment in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/438779/rofl-at-the-speed-nerfs-guess-who-wasnt-nerfed-ball-groups/p2

How many people do you usually run with? I agree that rezzing needs to be changed for the reasons that you mentioned, but nerfing maneuver or healing will change combat too much.
    We are running as a ball group with around 12 people at the moment and we are sometimes fighting a whole faction. Your suggestions would probably ruin us. Sometimes we raid with less people. You can start a ball group with around 8 people, but you will lack sustain, heal, damage and mobility. Your changes will make it impossible to run with "low" numbers ("low" because 8-12 people is probably not low for you, but it kinda is when you are looking at the relation of 12 vs 60+)

I'm pretty sure your group could wipe a ball group with 8-12 people, so they are not the problem. The real problem are those raids that run with around 20 people and loads of healers so that they can rezz while getting healed. That's why I'm asking why not simply lower group size, let maneuver only hit 16 people or less at once? Or, as you mentioned, change the rezzing system.

Not the groups that play organized like your group and the group that I play with should be punished, but the groups that pretend to be organized, that get carried by numbers and sets (my opinion).

I really hope they will not nerf small scale and mobility as much as they are planning to.

Thanks man. We usually run 3 to 6. We used to prefer 4, but then the GvG league started and that was for a 6 man so we try to run six now if possible.

Sounds to me like you guys are having a lot of the same problems we are, namely not being able to block the rezzes because you are outnumbered and the other team can spam mindless AoE.

Edited by Thogard on October 4, 2018 12:25AM

• ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    • Remove "smart" healing, have to target them. Weakens less organized healers.
    • Change vitality to be in only (other/self) which parallels with defile. Mending to be healing out only. Add a desecrate debuff. Lowering healing out (but not in/to self) to parallel with mend. A few abilities can be changed from one to both/other. Weakens vitality/mending stackers and can target healbots directly now.
    • Battle rezing costs 50 ult (doesn't eat all like normal ults.) if bashed, still charges.
    • The snare/root idea I have spammed everywhere.

Leave my bb spin2win alone.

Battlerezzing costs 50 ultimate. That is an awesome idea actually
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT, "I can't get good, so the ceiling should be lowered"

Uh oh, exposed!
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think earthgore should just deal oblivion damage instead of healing if there are more than 12 players within the radius :trollface:
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add actual small scale to the game. Cyrodiil is so stale, they should add larger bg maps and raise the amount of players. It’s clear that zos doesn’t care much about small groups in cyrodiil, everyone tries to fight the obvious. All the changes up to now has catered to large scale. Removing aoe caps was a good change albeit not as great as it would’ve been if it was done a long time ago.

Before you could successfully farm a tower with 2-4 people, even one guy could but now you see a group and think “Hope these guys aren’t tanks or running earthgore”
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. LOL.

4. LOL.

Main class?
    Faction?
    Guild/group ?
    Server?
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    Contrary to I guess popular opinion, I like the rez mechanic but it needs to be adjusted so you don't have people dedicated to just rezzing their comrades. Perhaps add a 10 second cool down on being able to rez others if you are interrupted while rezzing?

The main issue right now is the potency of AoE healing potential from skills like healing springs and Earthgore.
    In my opinion the heal these skills/sets provide should be greatly reduced depending on how many people are standing within the AoE. Hit 2 guys and an earthgore goes off? They should get the majority of the heal and that's fine. Hit 20 guys and 3 earthgores go off on top of eachother? The potency of the heals should be greatly decreased because of how many people are in the AoE heal.

AoE heals are the main reason people ball together in giant clumps. It's brain dead healing.

I think it goes without saying Earthgore simply shouldn't exist in the game.
    Edited by Syhae on October 5, 2018 4:39PM
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #11 while outnumbered when you take dmg from more then one enemy source, you gain dynamic ultimate regeneration and the battle spirit debuff is reduced by 25% for 30 secs...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on October 6, 2018 2:48AM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    #11 while outnumbered when you take dmg from more then one enemy source, you gain dynamic ultimate regeneration and the battle spirit debuff is reduced by 25% for 30 secs...

Dynamic ulti-gen is what used to help balance the playing field for small groups taking on larger groups. But ZOS has been on this whole "numbers should be meaningful regardless of skill" BS lately.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    Ground oils.
    All I need. Ground oils.
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of earthgore.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So for 2 the purpose is to make it so that once a NB snipes somebody, they can’t safely recloak for 3-4s because they’ll have a dot ticking on someone.

From the NB's perspective, having your own DoTs ticking on a target does NOT pull you out of stealth. Otherwise bleedblades and poison injection bow builds would be nearly nonexistent.

Also... lethal arrow already applies a guaranteed DoT as it forces a poisoned status proc.

#2 was a pretty confusing point lol.
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 10, 2018 12:50PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    So for 2 the purpose is to make it so that once a NB snipes somebody, they can’t safely recloak for 3-4s because they’ll have a dot ticking on someone.

From the NB's perspective, having your own DoTs ticking on a target does NOT pull you out of stealth. Otherwise bleedblades and poison injection bow builds would be nearly nonexistent.

Also... lethal arrow already applies a guaranteed DoT as it forces a poisoned status proc.

#2 was a pretty confusing point lol.

Interesting. Good to know.

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Battlespirit buff - the time it takes an ally to rez you is doubled for each death you have in a 2min window, with the window resetting on every new death. Yes Please
    2. Add a DoT with 100% proc chance to lethal arrow that will pull snipers out of cloak. I assume you mean to the caster? Then I could get behind this. Though I think something like limiting you from returning to cloak for 4 seconds would be better. Make Lethal put the reveal de-buff on you at cast completion
    3. Earthgore can only heal the person wearing it (battlespirit only) Just dont think this one works. A single healer should be fine, its the stacks of it that need to go
    4. Any group larger than 12 needs a permanent icon on the alliance map that alerts everyone to their position Yes please, this even makes sense Lore wise. Armies cant move stealthy. Though I think it should be tied to "sightings" Make an icon that shows and stays when Combat happens, but that doesn't move with them. (included Alliance NPC combat as something that marks them) This would also allow actual orginized large groups to still ninja back lines.
    5. Rapids only breaks snares/roots for the caster, or for 4, or something along those lines. Like this, but I think a cooldown would work better
    6. Fall damage reduction CP - for the lulz Buff Bosmer Fall Damage reduction too :grin: 6.
    8. Guard negate has got to go, or at the very least be fixed to not look like a friendly negate True in all Enemy Negate cases. Friendly vs Enemy should be much easier to tell apart
    9. Close range melee/Stam snares like heroic slash and rending slashes are reduced in strength but made unpurgeable by FM/shuffle/purge/rapids/ritual (let’s bring back peel tanks!)
    10. Decrease mag shield strength by 30% for its base, but then increase the shield amount by 15% for every enemy player within 10m, up to a max of 8 players. Probably needs to be 28m because Snipe spamers
    11. Spin-to-win is a 1s bashable channel. If it gets bashed you still get charged. Maybe just a cost increase. Though I do like the idea of Bashable with the cooldown

Requests that are fun to think about but that would make too many people complain and would never go through:

1. Springs needs to be a spread heal (battle spirit only). For example, for a 1000 delve, It can heal 1 person for 1000, 2 people for 500 each, 4 people for 250 each, 10 people for 100 each.. etc No, punishes Healers too heavily. Again 1 Healer should perform well, its the stacked Healers that need nerfed
    2. If that change is made, decrease the residual group healing that vigor does as well, for balance purposes
    3. Make it so that destro ults of the same type can’t stack. One flame, one frost, and one lightning destro would all hit a player, but if its 3 flame destros, only one would hit. Apply this for all AOE dots, including warden frost ult, DK banner, and even the DOT portion of DBoS Interesting, but then again Ball Groups are so predicable that its... eh..
    4. Make cloak a 1s bashable channel. Haha just kidding, that’ll never happen. lol Fun, but I dont think it would change much even if it happened

If I could only pick one idea, it’d be the rez cooldown.. and make sure is a cooldown on the person being rezzed, not the person doing the resurrecting. Dying needs to have at least a minimal consequence. I would go so far as to just say make Rez time inversly proportinal to the AP you were worth at death. Like 1 AP takes 30sec or some such

Best idea ever:
    War Elephant

Can War Elephants carry multiple allies?
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on October 10, 2018 6:25PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.