The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Small Scaler’s Wishlist

Thogard
Thogard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
From the perspective of the GM of a small scale guild on PC NA that typically runs 4-6. Heavy focus on Stam lineup. Strong Stam bias is acknowledged. Here’s my wishlist of changes that would balance the game from our perspective without directly hurting other playstyles:

1. Battlespirit buff - the time it takes an ally to rez you is doubled for each death you have in a 2min window, with the window resetting on every new death.
2. Add a DoT with 100% proc chance to lethal arrow that will pull snipers out of cloak.
3. Earthgore can only heal the person wearing it (battlespirit only)
4. Any group larger than 12 needs a permanent icon on the alliance map that alerts everyone to their position
5. Rapids only breaks snares/roots for the caster, or for 4, or something along those lines.
6. Fall damage reduction CP - for the lulz
7. Guard negate has got to go, or at the very least be fixed to not look like a friendly negate
8. Close range melee/Stam snares like heroic slash and rending slashes are reduced in strength but made unpurgeable by FM/shuffle/purge/rapids/ritual (let’s bring back peel tanks!)
9. Decrease mag shield strength by 30% for its base, but then increase the shield amount by 15% for every enemy player within 10m, up to a max of 8 players.
10. Spin-to-win is a 1s bashable channel. If it gets bashed you still get charged.

Requests that are fun to think about but that would make too many people complain and would never go through:

1. Springs needs to be a spread heal (battle spirit only). For example, for a 1000 delve, It can heal 1 person for 1000, 2 people for 500 each, 4 people for 250 each, 10 people for 100 each.. etc
2. If that change is made, decrease the residual group healing that vigor does as well, for balance purposes
3. Make it so that destro ults of the same type can’t stack. One flame, one frost, and one lightning destro would all hit a player, but if its 3 flame destros, only one would hit. Apply this for all AOE dots, including warden frost ult, DK banner, and even the DOT portion of DBoS
4. Make cloak a 1s bashable channel. Haha just kidding, that’ll never happen.

If I could only pick one idea, it’d be the rez cooldown.. and make sure is a cooldown on the person being rezzed, not the person doing the resurrecting. Dying needs to have at least a minimal consequence.

Best idea ever:
War Elephant
Edited by Thogard on October 2, 2018 7:42PM
PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Lol

Youll stop laughing once I have my war elephant
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not if I get a war-mouse!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Not if I get a war-mouse!

War mice are a crutch meant for bad players!

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're asking for the moon, can I get trample damage for mounts?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are those first ten points really that much to ask for though?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

You might get one or two of them.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Let's have a go.

1. I think it's reasonable but it would hit new players the most, and Zos are going in the opposite direction, so can't see it happening.
    2. Not sure I get what your asking.
    3. Again reasonable, but would hit the organised ball-groups more than zergs.
    4. No. That would completely remove the ability of a med to large group running for miles and ninjaing a keep behind the front line. Also how would the position be marked? Many pug groups are all over the place.. and if based on the crown position, that could be used against you by having the crown split off.
    5. So the skill is better in a 4-man? That's favouritism that is!
    6. Yeah, why not?
    7. More of a buff to soloers trying to fight the small-scalers. I'm with that.
    8. Cos melee stam needs more buffs?
    9. And mag defence needs more nerfs?(which it will be 1v1)
    10. I hate spin to win so yeah. And by charged, you do mean charged by a war-elephant, right?
    Edited by Biro123 on October 2, 2018 8:31PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for 2 the purpose is to make it so that once a NB snipes somebody, they can’t safely recloak for 3-4s because they’ll have a dot ticking on someone.

I’m not great with NB cloak mechanics though, so if that’s not how it works, plz forgive me.

For #4 we can make it larger than 12... let’s say 20?

For #5, 4 mans don’t run it. So I’m all for it being just for the caster :)

• WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with a lot of these, but not 4, 8, 9, and 10. A group mount elephant would be awesome.

4) Just don't see how this could be implemented.

8) Those skills you mentioned are already strong even without the snare. With FM down to 4 sec and Shuffle/Wings/Purge so expensive there's no reason to have any snares unpurgable.

9) Just too many changes they're already pushing through for mSorcs. Class will need a serious rework if they take away the only viable playstyle (stacking magicka). And even that was outclassed.

10) This one isn't bad but spin2win is expensive and a waste if they aren't low on health or you have a lot of targets.

War Elephants could actually make mSorc viable again if they can just sit up there and burst people with a wall of tusks protecting them: "Take that! Wow I hit a 4k Curse on someone! mSorc is back baby!"
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So for 2 the purpose is to make it so that once a NB snipes somebody, they can’t safely recloak for 3-4s because they’ll have a dot ticking on someone.

I’m not great with NB cloak mechanics though, so if that’s not how it works, plz forgive me.

For #4 we can make it larger than 12... let’s say 20?

For #5, 4 mans don’t run it. So I’m all for it being just for the caster :)

I see what you're after. Nah, I'm not great with cloak mechanics either, but understood that those dots that pulled you out of cloak were bugged and may get fixed someday.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITT, "I can't get good, so the ceiling should be lowered"
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭

most of the things he asked for hurt noobs and big groups the most lol.

also, id love for that revive change to happen. its so annoying when you kill 4-5 people out of a 15 man group, have to move away from the destro ult/negate/any ground based ult zone the group dropped, and then they rez everyone you killed.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    #4, yeah, nah.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When ur in a group of 12+ you dont get the battle spirit 5k hp how about that.

This will force groups to break up a little while giving a buff to the smaller groups
    Edited by FloppyTouch on October 3, 2018 12:14PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you nailed it man. i'm new to pvp and dont know anything about small scale or group dynamics.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the perspective of the GM of a small scale guild on PC NA that typically runs 4-6. Heavy focus on Stam lineup. Strong Stam bias is acknowledged. Here’s my wishlist of changes that would balance the game from our perspective without directly hurting other playstyles:

1. Battlespirit buff - the time it takes an ally to rez you is doubled for each death you have in a 2min window, with the window resetting on every new death. Reasonable, but Zos doesn't like anti-noob mechanics so I'd ask for something else.
    2. Add a DoT with 100% proc chance to lethal arrow that will pull snipers out of cloak. I'd settle for a direction indicator where a snipe came from.
    3. Earthgore can only heal the person wearing it (battlespirit only) I don't like this set, but that would nerf it into uselessness
    4. Any group larger than 12 needs a permanent icon on the alliance map that alerts everyone to their position Would completely ruin AvAvA
    5. Rapids only breaks snares/roots for the caster, or for 4, or something along those lines. I agree this spell is poorly designed in that one person can keep an entire group free of snares and roots. It and Purge should be redesigned
    6. Fall damage reduction CP - for the lulz I'm for it
    7. Guard negate has got to go, or at the very least be fixed to not look like a friendly negate NPCs need to have a function, they are almost useless defending a keep as it is. Agree graphic should change.
    8. Close range melee/Stam snares like heroic slash and rending slashes are reduced in strength but made unpurgeable by FM/shuffle/purge/rapids/ritual (let’s bring back peel tanks!) The last thing this game needs is mechanics that have no counter-play
    9. Decrease mag shield strength by 30% for its base, but then increase the shield amount by 15% for every enemy player within 10m, up to a max of 8 players. At this point you're spitting on the grave of mag sorcs
    10. Spin-to-win is a 1s bashable channel. If it gets bashed you still get charged. I'm am of the opinion there isn't enough player damage and PvEers would complain (rightly so)

I think ESO has gone too far down the rabbit hole of CP, generic buffs, and strong DLC gear sets to get the sort of game we once had where outnumbered fighting was more mechanically friendly. When the majority of out power was in our class kits and required us to actually use skills and do so intelligently, it was not necessary to have different rules to cater to outnumbered play because player effectiveness came through how people actually played rather than %s buff we automatically get for grinding zombies and proc sets.

People say that some patches after IC were better than others, but just about all of them to me have been about what proc sets are people wearing, what is the PBAoE de jour that ball groups are using, and what did ZOS take away from my class this time.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 3, 2018 5:59AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. is just plain a poorly thought out idea. It would encourage players to leave Cyrodiil sooner.
    2. We have to see someone in sneak to be able to hit them with a dot so it is pointless. If you happen upon them we already have a means to pull them out of stealth.
    3. Restricting heals (and healing sets) to only work for the person wearing/casting them seems like a poor idea. I can explain why but it just seems so obvious.
    4. LOL.
    5. Rapids has already been nerfed to only affect the group. It was designed as a group buff.

I am stopping there. This really sounds like the small group needs to run with a larger group or find better strats if these items are causing so much trouble for them.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP forgot that you need more that 26k stamina for such a wish list.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no for number 8. 1vx is already hard enough and snares are already very effective. I don't want to lose a fight because one guy in a group happens to run heroic slash xD
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Horse ultimate needed!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    1. is just plain a poorly thought out idea. It would encourage players to leave Cyrodiil sooner.
    2. We have to see someone in sneak to be able to hit them with a dot so it is pointless. If you happen upon them we already have a means to pull them out of stealth.
    3. Restricting heals (and healing sets) to only work for the person wearing/casting them seems like a poor idea. I can explain why but it just seems so obvious.
    4. LOL.
    5. Rapids has already been nerfed to only affect the group. It was designed as a group buff.

I am stopping there. This really sounds like the small group needs to run with a larger group or find better strats if these items are causing so much trouble for them.

they aren't causing trouble. it's just a wish list to make this game more in line with MMOs that have had more competitive PvP that rewarded skillful play.

Each of these items is designed to reward skillful play and penalize zerging without punishing the zerglings individually. That is all.

PS: i meant add a dot component to snipe, not to put a dot on the sniper. ;)

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • Remove "smart" healing, have to target them. Weakens less organized healers.
    • Change vitality to be in only (other/self) which parallels with defile. Mending to be healing out only. Add a desecrate debuff. Lowering healing out (but not in/to self) to parallel with mend. A few abilities can be changed from one to both/other. Weakens vitality/mending stackers and can target healbots directly now.
    • Battle rezing costs 50 ult (doesn't eat all like normal ults.) if bashed, still charges.
    • The snare/root idea I have spammed everywhere.

Leave my bb spin2win alone.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think the OP needs the ceiling lowered :D
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    • Remove "smart" healing, have to target them. Weakens less organized healers.
    • Change vitality to be in only (other/self) which parallels with defile. Mending to be healing out only. Add a desecrate debuff. Lowering healing out (but not in/to self) to parallel with mend. A few abilities can be changed from one to both/other. Weakens vitality/mending stackers and can target healbots directly now.
    • Battle rezing costs 50 ult (doesn't eat all like normal ults.) if bashed, still charges.
    • The snare/root idea I have spammed everywhere.

Leave my bb spin2win alone.

I like everything you wrote so I'll compromise and agree to leave spin2win alone ;)

• Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    My wishlist for zos is:

1. Leave my bridge alone.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is suppose to be large scale warfare whether you like it or not.. people keep forgetting.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf earthgore hardcore. That set is still annoying how it saves so many for little to no work involved.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Rapids/Purgebots not be a thing. And maybe a speed debuff when >X number of friendlies are in the area.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm good with pretty much all of those. Loooove #4.