Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Other Vet Trials

• MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you think it’s broken because you think it’s too hard for you? Because that’s what it sounds like.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. VMOL is 2 years old now and you still can’t just get a group together and have any reasonable chance of completing it.

VHOF. Heck, most groups are struggling with normal there still.

VAS without hardmode? Not much point really. Same thing with cloudrest. Sure, they’re more fun because vet level content feels more appropriate than normal. But you get same gear as normal. Makes it a bit less desirable to run.

Craglorn trials are more appropriately made for far more playerbase.

This newer stuff should practically be on farm mode by trial raiders, but instead you have to do background checks, interviews, progression, after action reviews, finally clear, then move on never to step foot in them halls again.

People aren’t gonna get bored and stop playing because they can beat stuff. They still run the Craglorn stuff over and over agin because it’s all they can.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run with few prog groups, one runs 3 times a week (Mon/Wed/Sunday) one runs 2 times a week (Tue/Thu) one runs 2-3 times at some point during the week (no fixed schedule). Obviously I don't do every trial but each team has around 18 people all progressing through content. Just have to find others who like to play how you do.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    No. VMOL is 2 years old now and you still can’t just get a group together and have any reasonable chance of completing it.

VHOF. Heck, most groups are struggling with normal there still.

VAS without hardmode? Not much point really. Same thing with cloudrest. Sure, they’re more fun because vet level content feels more appropriate than normal. But you get same gear as normal. Makes it a bit less desirable to run.

Craglorn trials are more appropriately made for far more playerbase.

This newer stuff should practically be on farm mode by trial raiders, but instead you have to do background checks, interviews, progression, after action reviews, finally clear, then move on never to step foot in them halls again.

People aren’t gonna get bored and stop playing because they can beat stuff. They still run the Craglorn stuff over and over agin because it’s all they can.

I disagree about people not getting bored with content. I'm in two guilds, they are both trial guilds and it's near impossible to get a group together for Craglorn trials. Your only shot at getting a group together for them is if it happens to be the weekly, even then it still might not happen.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    You must have an exquisite team! I can assure you that it’s not this way for the vast majority of us. I’d love to see a group of 20k DPS or so running Vet HelRa HM in 15 minutes! It’s more like an hour or two. And VSO from zone is not likely gonna finish regular vet. Mindlessly beating on some dummy to get your DPS from 20k to 23k is no ones idea of learning how to play.
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Uhm. No? Bad players have a lot to do ingame, other than doing vet trials.

hmm.... Learn how to play the game is one of them. Anything else is just lazy and goes into today's mindset of "instant gratification" that every kid has.

And now; on a personal note. Craglorn trials SUCKS, no mechanics, no challenge, no nothing. Me and my team does vAA HM in 14min, vSO HM in 15min and vHRC HM in 14min. They SUCK! the tank just permablocks, healer just spam springs and DPS can slack around doing less then 20k dps and still be sure a clear.

Nope. The thing behind trials (raids) in MMOs have always been that it's been more difficult that dungeons

The bigger problem here is mechanics and getting a team together to work on stuff. And to be able to keep doing stuff. People get their clear and they’re done. Not going back. Too much work. It’s forever stuck in progression mode.

Guilds stick by their DPS parses. Now they’re up to 32k DPS min to be part of these progressions. I get that you can’t carry a bunch of players legitimately pulling 7k but get real. When MoL was introduced very few people were hitting more than 25k. There weren’t even test dummies back then.
    valeriiya wrote: »
    As much as I love a good bashing thread, you can't blame ZOS for player skill and the toxic community. PvP and PVE communities can be absolutely toxic just like the real world. It's up to players to find people that are not. ZOS is not holding hands and making people play nice. Craglorn trials are easy so people screamed for more difficult content and we got it. I say this from the perspective of someone who has not cracked 25k on any character and can get through the Craglorn trials on vet with no issue. I wouldn't even try to do them on HM or any of the new trials on vet. Make some friends or get a guild. Your post also offers no ideas or how to make them better, that doesn't help anyone.

You can’t offer up the perfect solution to these type of people. They must need to feel like they came up with it themselves.

Alcast has put out the idea of nightmare mode no CP Vet hardmode. I think that’s still not quite right. I think hardmode should start at the beginning of dungeons/Trials. Not just the last boss. Maybe last boss No CP for nightmare challenge.

Regular vet now, is over the top IMO.

I’d love to pick up a bunch of decent players from zone chat and go run VAS, or VHOF or even VCR. But you can’t. All this stuff has to be a progression. A dedicated team. Grabbing a bunch of players, even if they’re decent is setting yourself up for fail. That’s a big problem with this game. They could fix that. They should fix that.

A decent group from zone might be able to carry a few bad players through normal. A full decent group should be able to do Vet. But it won’t happen.

A random group wouldn't get past 10%on the mini bosses in vCR