Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Beta Account

brodybeckwith_ESO
brodybeckwith_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi, so I have a beta account which I don't think I used since 2013 however I am interested in starting this game again so here are my questions:

Basically I want to know what version of the game I need to purchase in order to retain my beta account. For example if i purchase through steam would I loose access to this account or what? Does it need to be through the ESO store, or bethesda account? Or do I already own the game from being a beta user?

My account has the "Welcome Back Weekend:" code applied for "The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™" on it, not sure if that matters or anything.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • joaoppecurto
    joaoppecurto
    ✭✭
    You can buy the steam version, then just put your beta account login information
    As you can see here I have my PSN (don't play, don't have PS Plus anymore) and PC accounts linked.
    Be careful, you can unlink your PS4 account, but can't unlink your steam.

7b8bew046tij.png

I have steam linked to my beta account too:
    s27035sa7z35.png
    PC EU: 900+ CP
    9 chars:
    Indrik Lady, Breton Magden - lvl 50 - Main and Grand Master Crafter
    + 4 chars - lvl 50 - daily writ crafters
    + 4 chars - lvl 50 - stamblade pvp, stamblade solo ww, dk tank, necro healer

On PC Since: 05/28/2018; RIP PS4 account
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest avoiding Steam.

It has a lot of connection issues, more than just buying it through the website. Although, Idk about beta-accs. I assume you just use the same login details. And it doesn't matter if base game or chapters.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • brodybeckwith_ESO
    brodybeckwith_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You can buy the steam version, then just put your beta account login information
    As you can see here I have my PSN (don't play, don't have PS Plus anymore) and PC accounts linked.
    Be careful, you can unlink your PS4 account, but can't unlink your steam.

7b8bew046tij.png

I have steam linked to my beta account too:
    s27035sa7z35.png

Interesting, yours says "Elder Scrolls Online Beta" and member since 2014 and all that but I don't see that anywhere on my account page.

h72Hlwg.png

heck the only reference to the beta is my billing history which says "[beta_group_9_5]"

Will it look like yours once I buy it on steam? And do I link the account from the game on steam? because i don't see anyway to do that on the account page.
  • joaoppecurto
    joaoppecurto
    ✭✭
    My billing history says beta access, welcome back weekend and summerset closed beta, and the respective product codes.
    I have nothing similar to "beta_group"... The remaining are just crates.

I suggest you submit a support ticket.
    Edited by joaoppecurto on September 30, 2018 10:06PM
    PC EU: 900+ CP
    9 chars:
    Indrik Lady, Breton Magden - lvl 50 - Main and Grand Master Crafter
    + 4 chars - lvl 50 - daily writ crafters
    + 4 chars - lvl 50 - stamblade pvp, stamblade solo ww, dk tank, necro healer

On PC Since: 05/28/2018; RIP PS4 account