The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Idea for stam sorc ult that doesn’t break lore

Wuuffyy
Wuuffyy
✭✭✭✭✭
Everyone knows the other morph of overload is trash on both live and pts. How about taking the same scaling as the pts overload and making a physical version on the trashy morph... and it doesn’t fire ranged projectiles but pulls out your fists out (solves problem with lack of unarmed combat for these odd rpers too). Make it be like “empower your fists with rage causing your light attacks to do (current pts value of overload) and apply major fracture to your enemy for 5-10 seconds” after an attack (to match minor shock debuff and lack of a heavy attack to this new morph. Add an slimecraw or relentless focus esque effect around fists to broadcast attacks.

Anyone agree? Post in comments.
Wuuffyy,
ESO player since 2014
-PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    a physical dmg overload wud work but fracture aswell probably too OP
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats why it's melee & 5 sec fracture
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TiZzA93 wrote: »
    a physical dmg overload wud work but fracture aswell probably too OP

TBF some classes have 15s major fracture (+ 4s stun & 5s off balance) on their ordinary class spammable.
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a bad idea actually. But the actual damage should be lowered/ looked at if we are going for a melee overload morph. The current overload damage is justified because the projectiles are slow, can be dodge rolled and reflected. meaning it has proper counterplay. Imagine melee light attacks doing 20k physical damage per second right in your face where you don't have a time frame for any counterplay because its not your usual slow projectile that does insane dmg :)
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Air atronach please.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys! They aren’t going to give us both and you won’t be able to keep the Atro alive for more than 5 secs in a bg or 3 seconds Im open world cyro. The only thing you can alter IS the other morph of overload. Only mag sorcs w/class shields can even keep pets alive.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys! They aren’t going to give us both and you won’t be able to keep the Atro alive for more than 5 secs in a bg or 3 seconds Im open world cyro. The only thing you can alter IS the other morph of overload. Only mag sorcs w/class shields can even keep pets alive.

Good point. If you see my post for air atronach I mention a lower cost and duration would help make it more viable then trying to keep it up for longer than 20 seconds.

1 thing I'm adding to my post is that the air atronach being used by a stam sorc in melee range has 0 survivability support so how about we buff crit and power surge to include pet healing. There is 0 reason why this can't be a thing. Especially with the nerfs to shields, mag sorc's will find use out of this ability too.

Thanks for the brain blast! Pretty sure I've seen someone mention it before but it was focused on mag sorcs.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/438419/stam-sorc-air-atronach#latest

PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll have to look at that.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just put in the notes that pets in PvE will take 0 DMG so an air atro in melee range would work no problem.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea that’s lit. Don’t understand that though
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda lazy and OP. Just made the ward on them useless. Cool for stam builds as we needed them but that’s just a lazy fix for mag
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, they changed it so they don't take any damage in just GROUP PVE. They also don't take agro either. In solo pve, they still take dmg.

I'd say the pet wards are still useful because they work in solo pve and pvp.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, they changed it so they don't take any damage in just GROUP PVE. They also don't take agro either. In solo pve, they still take dmg.

Is it necessary to be grouped or does the change also work while running group dungeons solo?
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just give me a passive ulti which doubles the only reason to slot an ulti from that tree - the Daedric protection passive.
    All those other ideas are just as garbage compared to losing a third bar
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it necessary to be grouped or does the change also work while running group dungeons solo?

I think it depends what content your in, not if your in a group or not. "Dungeon, Trial, or Group Arena."
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using stamina for magic itself is an abomination that breaks the lore. Just be honest and ask them for flying unicorn that poops rainbow for Stamsorc ult.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on October 4, 2018 10:47AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using stamina for magic itself is an abomination that breaks the lore. Just be honest and ask them for flying unicorn that poops rainbow for Stamsorc ult.

Good thing that ultimate do not use stamina then ^^
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using a third ressource to summon / cast something that does physical damage is not lore breaking
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pushback would be that major fracture is a useless PVE buff. Stam Sorcs are in last place for stam DPS on PTS, so any buff should be useful for helping that. I think you would want a buff that is beneficial to both PVE and PVP.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right that’s not useless on a dummy parse and it will already hit really hard so you can increase your dmg more than Dawny or around the same as dawny I believe. Pvp is where we need the identity most I think.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions