Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where are the Class Teachers?

Dimski
Dimski
✭✭✭
I'm not very much into lore, but on occasion, questions pop up. Where would a young and aspiring character go to get initiated into her class? Where would she go to learn her first skill line? Is there a "Dragonknight Hall" somewhere? Not that I've seen one.
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    Templars probably come about in monasteries and such
    Nightblades sound like they're straight outta the Dark Brotherhood
    Dragonknights... I have no idea, honestly
    Sorcerers feel like Mages Guild folk with a touch of edge. Meridia is also mentioned in their skills occasionally
    Wardens are children of Radaghast the Brown

Yeah, this isn't a very serious answer, but I just don't know and it's sad to see threads with no responses
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weren't Dragonknights related to the Akaviri or something?
    Perhaps the Dragonguard?
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it be nice to have some class identity a bit. Class Order Halls like WoW would be a nice addition, get some class specific quests and rewards.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars learn their skills from a group called the "Resolutes of Stendarr", they reach their skills to anyone willing to learn, even if they don't worship Stendarr. Although, perhaps not known Vampires or Werewolves since they're one of the Abominations that they show no mercy toward.

Dragonknight's learn their skills from the Akaviri, or the Dragon guard, as it's an ancient Akaviri martial fighting style.

Of course, you could always learn it second-hand, too, from someone else who learned it from them, or even beyond them.

I'm not sure about Sorcerer's or Nightblades, but here's some books about the classes that you might find interesting.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Legacy_of_the_Dragonguard

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ardent_Flame:_Draconic_or_Endemic?

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Forged_in_the_Heart_of_Mundus

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Mythical_Beast,_Real_Powers

Here's the link to the other skill books, search for the ones with the class names in the list, there's a lot. :)

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Skill_Books
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS makes them quit with stupid changes
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not very much into lore, but on occasion, questions pop up. Where would a young and aspiring character go to get initiated into her class? Where would she go to learn her first skill line? Is there a "Dragonknight Hall" somewhere? Not that I've seen one.
    Definitely the characters may have learnt from a mentor, a master, a "teacher" that would vary according to their cultures.

First if you read the flavor text of class description:

Dragonknights inherit their skills from akaviri teachings. They were gained by some Imperial troops centuries ago when Reman conquered an invading army of Tsaesci from Akavir that became the Dragonguard. Some of them or their descent may still be around - another flavor text (about the crafting style) mentions the city of Rimmen where they live, moreover the Fighters Guild itself is the legacy of the Syffim, an akaviri militia in the Empire.

Are there schools? Not so much but depending on the cultures you can notice some, like those blademasters of the Redguard in a place in Alik’r, and so on

Almost all the NPCs have the abilities of one of the five classes so they’re pretty widespread.
    For instance all guards of Tamriel seem to know skills of the DK! Also some altmer Jusiciars, khajiit Champions, etc.

The last part is a matter of your own interprétation and choice of background (that will be legit as far as the classes are displayed under many cultural archetypes amongst the NPCs)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;