The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

About Flame Lash and Grim Focus...

Valrien
Valrien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
If giving them a cost was to "bring them in line with other procs like Crystal Fragments" why did you give them a cost at all? These 3 abilities are the only abilities that behave like they do, and 2 of them are free.

If 2/3 things behave one way, it would be logical to assume the 1/3 is the thing that gets changed...right?

The one example you cited @ZOS_RobGarrett was the outlier, which should be brought in line with the other two by being made free...not the other way around. It should also hit just as hard.
Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe logical, but if they wanted them to act the same and have costs, then they were still bought in line with one another as said.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Maybe logical, but if they wanted them to act the same and have costs, then they were still bought in line with one another as said.

They changed the majority to match the outlier though. In their Dev Notes they made it sound like there were other abilities that behaved this way but Frags is the only one.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote they do as op suggests, make the 2 free again and make frags free. Would keep sustain on both NB & DK, while making a sorc bearable to play without crying for synergies
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Because of these changes and many others before they finally made it impossible to have the best damage with a light attack rotation even on magblade now.
    All other classes are at this point since morrowind.
    Stams lost their Flurry which was the best spammable in the entire game.
    They let medium weaves die also.

Please, at least someone, tell me that you like these changes and are a huge fan of heavy attacks.
    PTS-EU
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love if all three classes had the attack for free. However, I don't think all three should hit as hard as the MagBlade. Currently- my setups with DK, MagBlade, and Sorc are similar (Innate + Silk/War Maiden/Netch)

My DK's Power Lash hits for 11.5k but heals for 14k. Proccing it is also a little harder than the other two classes.
    My Sorc's Frag proc hits for 14.5k and heals for 10% of my health. Proccing it is RNG based but somewhat high.
    My NB's Spectral bow hits for 22k but doesn't heal. Proccing it is pretty easy.

So, DKs and Sorcs have side benefits to their proc- which means that they probably don't need to have the same damage as the NB.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    I vote they do as op suggests, make the 2 free again and make frags free. Would keep sustain on both NB & DK, while making a sorc bearable to play without crying for synergies

From what I’ve heard, that’s the opposite of their goal, though. If you want to do a LA rotation, they want you to have to build for some sustain and not be able to go full damage.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love if all three classes had the attack for free. However, I don't think all three should hit as hard as the MagBlade. Currently- my setups with DK, MagBlade, and Sorc are similar (Innate + Silk/War Maiden/Netch)

My DK's Power Lash hits for 11.5k but heals for 14k. Proccing it is also a little harder than the other two classes.
    My Sorc's Frag proc hits for 14.5k and heals for 10% of my health. Proccing it is RNG based but somewhat high.

So, DKs and Sorcs have side benefits to their proc- which means that they probably don't need to have the same damage as the NB.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I can cast frags way more frequently than I can with the Spectral Bow. There's no way these two abilities should do comparable damage
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just my 2 cents worth.

Is that with or without the +20% from Stroke? Doesn't matter, since in your example it's nearly double the damage of lash and around 50% more than frag. Also, fun fact: 10% max health heal are how much? 1.5-2k in pve and 1-1.5 in pvp? Of course only when it actually hits.

But yeah, sounds balanced.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Just my 2 cents worth.

I can cast frags way more frequently than I can with the Spectral Bow. There's no way these two abilities should do comparable damage

Sorc is supposed to be the burst class. If anything Grim Focus shouldn't be hitting as hard as Frags
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    i could be wrong but i think i remember reading a thread posted after a rep meeting where they said something about making frags more cost effecient? i guess if other procs cost half too it makes it more cost effecient, i figured thats what they would do sadly.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

Just my 2 cents worth.

Sorc is supposed to be the burst class. If anything Grim Focus shouldn't be hitting as hard as Frags

They are a burst class; hence why you can hit Frags and curse consistently within the same GCD, and all sorcs need to do is get their opponent's health to 20% in order to kill their opponent so no Sorcs don't need to have Frags hit as hard as a magblades spectral bow.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree with this, Frags proc should've become free.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just my 2 cents worth.

They are a burst class; hence why you can hit Frags and curse consistently within the same GCD, and all sorcs need to do is get their opponent's health to 20% in order to kill their opponent so no Sorcs don't need to have Frags hit as hard as a magblades spectral bow.
    And guess how much damage curse + current frags does together...here's a hint: Not much, and far less than what a Nightblade could potentially do.

Sorc needs to have a really really hard hitting frags, especially with how easy it is to avoid
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If anything Grim Focus shouldn't be hitting as hard as Frags

20 seconds of minor berserk, buffing all damage by 8%. It most certainly should be hitting well below Frags or Whip. It is more comparable to a warden getting 11% just for slotting Bird of Prey. Heck, the sorc +5% shock/physical passive doesn't even impact frags, at least make it shock damage.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just my 2 cents worth.

And guess how much damage curse + current frags does together...here's a hint: Not much, and far less than what a Nightblade could potentially do.

Sorc needs to have a really really hard hitting frags, especially with how easy it is to avoid

The Frag+Curse combo puts most players in Fury range. I certainly wouldn't consider that to be weak. Not to mention the Nightblades are also known for their burst just like sorcs, but rather than stacking burst in one GCD the burst damage from Nightblades is sequential so it only makes sense that the Spectral Bow hits harder.

Does that make sense now that I've explained it that way? I'll just assume that you agree with me unless you tell me otherwise. Have a great day.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on September 26, 2018 9:49PM
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2 cents worth.

The Frag+Curse combo puts most players in Fury range. I certainly wouldn't consider that to be weak. Not to mention the Nightblades are also known for their burst just like sorcs, but rather than stacking burst in one GCD the burst damage from Nightblades is sequential so it only makes sense that the Spectral Bow hits harder.

Does that make sense now that I've explained it that way? I'll just assume that you agree with me unless you tell me otherwise. Have a great day.

Most players are bad - they're the ones who die to a simple Frag+Curse+execute and balancing around them is a terrible idea. Some fellow further up listed sorc's 10% heal on Frags use to be a boon. It's true that it's better than nothing, but the heal is so negligible it might as well not exist anyway.

Frags: I'm getting a 17.6kish tooltip (factoring in the 10% boost), a 'heal', and minor prohpecy bonus.
    Lash: Much lower damage (I think 11-12k tooltip?), but it's made up for by the strong heal. Slows too I suppose. Not sure how DK sustain is going tho.
    Bow: Highest damage of the lot, 24k tooltip in the same setup as the sorc (w/zerk active). minor zerk applies to everything else, small amount of crit (~2%?). 28.8k dmg with the 20% boost if you like. Very reliable, can be proc'ed on a backbar (while Frags only procs off casts on the bar it's slotted in). Is available to the class with excellent offensive pressure compared to sorc's lack in that department.

Anyway, I don't think the skills should all be free. Nightblades definitely needed the hit - not sure about DK sustain, I don't play them as a pve dps. Tbh this was actually one of the few changes I agree with - relatively small, not game breaking, and they can wait 'n see what happens. Easily reversable and won't break the game if they reverse it. Maybe bow could use an extremely small damage nerf *shrug*

Edit: Not counting the other passives Grim Focus WOULD give, as I assume you've got Soul Harvest/Incap/whatever on your frontbar as well. If not, add the 10% crit bonus.

Second edit: Forgot about slotted skilled. Grim Focus' tooltip is closer to 25k, which comes out to 30k if you facotri nthe 20% buff. About as much as Frags + Curse.
    Edited by Tonturri on September 26, 2018 11:03PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magblade is currently the only PvE mag spec that feels great to play on live. Fluid combat, sustainable, and most importantly, FUN.

ZOS's solution to this problem: nerf magblade sustain so it becomes as frustrating to play as other classes. Instead of the other way around. Smdh.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »

Just my 2 cents worth.

Most players are bad - they're the ones who die to a simple Frag+Curse+execute and balancing around them is a terrible idea. Some fellow further up listed sorc's 10% heal on Frags use to be a boon. It's true that it's better than nothing, but the heal is so negligible it might as well not exist anyway.

Frags: I'm getting a 17.6kish tooltip (factoring in the 10% boost), a 'heal', and minor prohpecy bonus.
    Lash: Much lower damage (I think 11-12k tooltip?), but it's made up for by the strong heal. Slows too I suppose. Not sure how DK sustain is going tho.
    Bow: Highest damage of the lot, 24k tooltip in the same setup as the sorc (w/zerk active). minor zerk applies to everything else, small amount of crit (~2%?). 28.8k dmg with the 20% boost if you like. Very reliable, can be proc'ed on a backbar (while Frags only procs off casts on the bar it's slotted in). Is available to the class with excellent offensive pressure compared to sorc's lack in that department.

Anyway, I don't think the skills should all be free. Nightblades definitely needed the hit - not sure about DK sustain, I don't play them as a pve dps. Tbh this was actually one of the few changes I agree with - relatively small, not game breaking, and they can wait 'n see what happens. Easily reversable and won't break the game if they reverse it. Maybe bow could use an extremely small damage nerf *shrug*

Edit: Not counting the other passives Grim Focus WOULD give, as I assume you've got Soul Harvest/Incap/whatever on your frontbar as well. If not, add the 10% crit bonus.

Second edit: Forgot about slotted skilled. Grim Focus' tooltip is closer to 25k, which comes out to 30k if you facotri nthe 20% buff. About as much as Frags + Curse.

Blood Magic needs a massive buff in my opinion. It's a joke right now
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭

Blood Magic needs a massive buff in my opinion. It's a joke right now

Largely because we really don't have an effective way to proc it. The proc condition either should be more general, and work on more than just dark magic, or be stronger. That or provide some different boon.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is an ability that cost resources to use and it lasts for 'x seconds.' The problem I have is that you 'pay' in resources to use this skill for 'x amount of time' in order to get the proc (you would only cast the skill for the proc because the other benefits occur by having the skill slotted). So, you've already 'paid' resources to have an opportunity to trigger the proc, but when you do trigger the proc (which you've already 'paid for') you have to pay resources again just to fire it off? Do you realize how much of a resource cost increase this actually turns out to be? If you trigger the proc only 2x during one cast, you've essentially doubled the cost of the skill.

edit: and .... another thing ... since you pay resources for the opportunity to trigger the proc, AND since combat is unpredictable (you never know what skill or ability you will have to use from moment to moment ... skills/abilities that cost resources) what if you don't have the resources to pay for the proc once it triggers?
    Edited by Maryal on September 27, 2018 2:42AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Grim Focus or Merciless Resolve .. either one is an ability that cost resources to use and it lasts for 'x seconds.' The problem I have is that you 'pay' in resources to use this skill for 'x amount of time' ... and during that time you have to pay resources AGAIN to use the proc. You can't opt out of the proc, you just have to not use the proc and let the skill expire. Even if you wait for the skill to expire, recasting it gives you the proc right back, meaning an extended delay in recasting it if you don't want (can't afford) the resources to continually use the proc. This makes no sense.

Correct .

Most of the non NB players still don't understand the Grim Focus mechanics , cost vs time vs player skills , they just watch the youtubes and complain about how easy the rotation , how NB OP , 56+ dps on parser test .

What I surprise Zos dev nerfed Grim Focus as well , lol .

Nowday , stamden does 57k dps , will zos nerf them too ? ROFL
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Correct .

Most of the non NB players still don't understand the Grim Focus mechanics , cost vs time vs player skills , they just watch the youtubes and complain about how easy the rotation , how NB OP , 56+ dps on parser test .

Yeah, you can't compare a dummy parse to a real situation.
    It's so much easier because you can always watch your buffs/dots and you can make merciless resolve a static componet in your rotation (every 6 sec/weaves)

Only the best could do this in other content because of their knowledge of the content and their top end healers and tanks.
    PTS-EU
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2 cents worth.

Not it doesn't.

May against light/ medium armour potato with no crit resist or such. But vs a heavy build with crit it's going to deal like 30-45% dmg at most. Even less if that have things like bloodspawn/ pirate skeleton or minor protection etc..
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buff sorc sustain are you insane, better nerf all other classes - devs 2018
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23