Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"Flames Of oblivion"

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
Save to say we got robbed and won't be getting this back?
https://youtu.be/VdfAjTwe3Rk
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 27, 2024 3:25PM
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    That animation was nice.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pre 1.6 ESO was so great.
    Because I can!
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petition to have FoO this animation back
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't post this, you're just rubbing salt in the wounds. Back when there was actually a meaning to the word Dragon in Dragonknights.

But hey, now you got a tiny floating fire bubble that shoots off once every eternity. Ain't we having fun!
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAMN! This was it.

When I bought the game, it still had this. Played for a bit, but because my main game was different at that time, I did not take ESO seriously.

When I came back, I know something was wrong with my Dragon Knight.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it sucks, and honestly I never played a dragon knight from jump, it was a sorc, so when people kept saying give us back the origin " flames of oblivion" I was asking what are they talking about, and honestly this should of never been taken away from a dragon knight, I know this post I made is pointless because we ALL KNOW, zos has no intentions on giving this back. This game constantly is being stripped down, and I don't know why zos thinks getting a huge amount of player base means the game is doing great.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that looks way more awesome! Why the hell did they change it?
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koronach wrote: »

From what I gathered it was bugged, maybe someone in here can give a better explanation, but supposedly this animation was given to sorcs instead as hurricane and its other morph.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

From what I gathered it was bugged, maybe someone in here can give a better explanation, but supposedly this animation was given to sorcs instead as hurricane and its other morph.

........When I think of "Flames of Oblivion" that is what I expect, but Hurricane? Sounds like it should be more windy. I figured I should add I just lvled a DK to 50, I thought that little floating orb was a bit weak looking.
    Edited by Koronach on September 26, 2018 2:56PM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

........When I think of "Flames of Oblivion" that is what I expect, but Hurricane? Sounds like it should be more windy. I figured I should add I just lvled a DK to 50, I thought that little floating orb was a bit weak looking.

Yeah the orb doesn't even last that long, and I rarely ever see it hit a target while it's out, which is probably why I see people run the morph that heals the caster or allies.
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we need this back. Give us this and #stamwhip!
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah the orb doesn't even last that long, and I rarely ever see it hit a target while it's out, which is probably why I see people run the morph that heals the caster or allies.

It literally hurls itself at an enemy leaving a flame trail behind it, then it catches them on a fire a bit. Nothing as cool looking as whats in the video, seriously ZoS DRAGON knight.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam whip would never be a thing, although it would be nice, but at least change flames of oblivion back but once again I know it wont happen.
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam whip would never be a thing, although it would be nice, but at least change flames of oblivion back but once again I know it wont happen.

Yea neither will, but a man can dream
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It literally hurls itself at an enemy leaving a flame trail behind it, then it catches them on a fire a bit. Nothing as cool looking as whats in the video, seriously ZoS DRAGON knight.

Hell at least give us 3 orbs instead, but grotthdar pretty much is what flames of oblivion used to be.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... that is really cool.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks insanely more cool than what we got.
    why not combine the 2? give us the orb and this. Fire hurricane makes more sense on a DK than a sorc
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only way for them to see we want this back is to constantly maybe talk about it in the forums...maybe
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Pre 1.6 ESO was so great.

This. This so damn much. I would cry tears of joy if we got a 1.0-1.5 server

Soft caps

No inflated values

No champion points

ACTUAL % CRIT NUMBERS INSTEAD OF MEANINGLESS DRIVEL ON OUR TOOLTIPS

Aside from little stuff like mount training early ESO was basically perfect
    Edited by Valrien on September 26, 2018 4:35PM
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang this throws me back to post beta on my main Stam dk!
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back when stamdks weren't acid spitting geckos
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for necromancering an old post, but this animation is great compared to flame bubble we have now.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in September 2018. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.