Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK or Templar PvP, help me decide

Cyngar
Cyngar
I have been mostly doing PVE in this game when I started a few months ago, even though I started out with the intent of PVP. I tried a Warden and sadly didn't end up liking the class and switched to MagSorc. But I have the Itch to try out another class specifically for PVP and stamina.

I'm between doing a DK or Templar> Stamina. Right now I have a Orc Werewolf DK lvl 10 and then a Nord STamplar lvl 6.

So my questions are simple.

1. With the upcoming patch, which 1 will be in a better place for PVP. Both Battleground and cyrodiil?

2. Any major pros/cons to each that make it a no go to most people?

3. With what I have, are they viable races for PVP? The Nord I have had idle for over 2 months, so his riding skills are high but I could remake another toon.

4. Lastly for cyrodiil, what Faction seems to do the best?

Thanks,
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyngar wrote: »
    I have been mostly doing PVE in this game when I started a few months ago, even though I started out with the intent of PVP. I tried a Warden and sadly didn't end up liking the class and switched to MagSorc. But I have the Itch to try out another class specifically for PVP and stamina.

I'm between doing a DK or Templar> Stamina. Right now I have a Orc Werewolf DK lvl 10 and then a Nord STamplar lvl 6.

1. With the upcoming patch, which 1 will be in a better place for PVP. Both Battleground and cyrodiil?

3. With what I have, are they viable races for PVP? The Nord I have had idle for over 2 months, so his riding skills are high but I could remake another toon.

Thanks,

Unfortunately stam DK is still one of the more boring classes to play and werewolves are bugged (not sure if Murkmire will fix that). Templars however have recently gotten some nice buffs and QoL improvements. I'd say try one out! Nord isn't a bad choice. Maybe not BiS but the cold resist will help with all the ice staffs out there right now!
    Edited by Datolite on September 26, 2018 2:37PM
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    Datolite wrote: »

Thanks,

Unfortunately stam DK is still one of the more boring classes to play and werewolves are bugged (not sure if Murkmire will fix that). Templars however have recently gotten some nice buffs and QoL improvements. I'd say try one out! Nord isn't a bad choice. Maybe not BiS but the cold resist will help with all the ice staffs out there right now!

For stamplar is there a better class? I'm open to suggestions
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget that the changes to shuffle and blade cloak means that jabs is gonna be a lot less effective in this patch v stamina classes. That AOE damage mitigation hits Templar’s the hardest. But it’s true they’ve gotten some decent adjustments recently. Stamina DK isn’t anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be, and between the slight medium armor damage buff and the sizeable buff to minor brutality, stamin dks get a nice damage boost. Imo the option to use leap over DBoS or just as an alternative is nice. Those classes play pretty differently, it’s going to come down to preference.
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Orc or redguard. Orc more so now with the sustain buffs for stamplar
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Don’t forget that the changes to shuffle and blade cloak means that jabs is gonna be a lot less effective in this patch v stamina classes. That AOE damage mitigation hits Templar’s the hardest. But it’s true they’ve gotten some decent adjustments recently. Stamina DK isn’t anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be, and between the slight medium armor damage buff and the sizeable buff to minor brutality, stamin dks get a nice damage boost. Imo the option to use leap over DBoS or just as an alternative is nice. Those classes play pretty differently, it’s going to come down to preference.

so since I'm not playing the classes in depth, could you tell me what you mean for the shuffle and blade cloak?
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »

Thanks,

For stamplar is there a better class? I'm open to suggestions

Orc for sure.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

so since I'm not playing the classes in depth, could you tell me what you mean for the shuffle and blade cloak?

They will reduce aoe damage. Jabs are stamplars main spammable and they are aoe.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go stamina route and you can pretty much play whatever you like. Magic classes are getting so screwed in Nerfmire trust me. Play any class you want, just be sure it's stamina based!!!!

Magic Templar relies too hard on expensive BoL heals and lacks movement

Mag DK suffers from the same problem but at least has a decent HoT and wings

Mag NB has cloak which is pretty good considering shields will be pretty much useless

Mag Sorc… just delete that character or convert to stamina. Streak is pretty much your only means of staying alive, and don't use Dark Conversion for obvious reasons

Mag Warden will be tough to stay alive, maybe with an ulti gen set up it might still see use in pvp

Have fun!
    Ad Victoriam!