The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

More Balanced Shield Rework

Gnozo
Gnozo
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey,

I already mentioned it on the Sorc Feedback Thread but due to the spam in this thread i think i want to give my thoughts more attention.

So far, we need to accept that Zenimax wants a shieldrework. Since we also balance pve and pvp the same way i think my "suggestion" would solve a Lot of pain points.

Overall: Reduce shields by 50% but they dont get reduced by battlespirit.

PvP:
Shield now have Resistences and you can deal a critical strike to them. From what i assume they share the same resistences that you have. This will result that shields are now much more weaker in pvp and will drop much more faster. Want to make your shields stronger? Invest into more defensive Sets for resistences. Lets keep this.

PvE:
Now with the 50% nerf you wont be able to absorb every incoming damage and healers become viable again. This will still let average player beat vma cause they rely on shields. (Me too, i am scrub at pve)

A magicka DD uses light armor and doesnt slot Armor buff (execpt NBs who gets it through passiv).

So now shields are 50% smaler and get more damage due to low light armor resistences. Making now Warden Healers more viable cause they can provide Major Resistences Buff to the group.

There you have it. Shield playstyle for pvp not destroyed but definitly less OP, healers needed in hard dungeons again and Warden Healer are also welcomed cause they can Armor Buff the whole group wich also buff their shields.

Changes for pvp can be monitored and if things needs to be adjusted afterwards there is Update 21 right around the corner.

No need for a cast time and also a "Buff" to warden Healers.
Edited by Gnozo on September 25, 2018 1:57PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simpler change for shields make battle spirit give the shield 1s cast time that way pve shields remain unaffected it isn’t much but at least it’s worth a look
  • Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Hey,

I already mentioned it on the Sorc Feedback Thread but due to the spam in this thread i think i want to give my thoughts more attention.

So far, we need to accept that Zenimax wants a shieldrework. Since we also balance pve and pvp the same way i think my "suggestion" would solve a Lot of pain points.

Overall: Reduce shields by 50% but they dont get reduced by battlespirit.

PvP:
    Shield now have Resistences and you can deal a critical strike to them. From what i assume they share the same resistences that you have. This will result that shields are now much more weaker in pvp and will drop much more faster. Want to make your shields stronger? Invest into more defensive Sets for resistences. Lets keep this.

PvE:
    Now with the 50% nerf you wont be able to absorb every incoming damage and healers become viable again. This will still let average player beat vma cause they rely on shields. (Me too, i am scrub at pve)

A magicka DD uses light armor and doesnt slot Armor buff (execpt NBs who gets it through passiv).

So now shields are 50% smaler and get more damage due to low light armor resistences. Making now Warden Healers more viable cause they can provide Major Resistences Buff to the group.

There you have it. Shield playstyle for pvp not destroyed but definitly less OP, healers needed in hard dungeons again and Warden Healer are also welcomed cause they can Armor Buff the whole group wich also buff their shields.

Changes for pvp can be monitored and if things needs to be adjusted afterwards there is Update 21 right around the corner.

No need for a cast time and also a "Buff" to warden Healers.

we must stop with this type of comment about healers etc .... ZENIMAX always says: PLAY AS YOU WANT! If I want to make big HM dungeons with 1 tank and 3 DD is my right ?? Why zenimax impose me a style of play / type of game when it is precisely the opposite they sell us ...
    zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Simpler change for shields make battle spirit give the shield 1s cast time that way pve shields remain unaffected it isn’t much but at least it’s worth a look

1s cast time is not a good change to shields.