The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vvardenfell special floral furnishings need an increased droprate

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
When harvesting on Vvardenfell, you have a one-in-a-million chance to get a special piece of shrub, mushroom or other furnishing item. Problem is, these things are as rare as Aetherial Dust or worse. ZOS came forth and acknowledged that Fang Lair and Scalecaller mushrooms were bugged and dropped much less than intended, they fixed it, and now you can buy the Puspocket mushrooms for affordable prices at traders.

Let's look at the "Shrub, Golden Lichen" from Vvardenfell, or the "Toadstool, Bloodtooth Cap" and "Toadstool, Bloodtooth Cluster" - all of these should drop on Vvardenfell, yet not a single one of these is for sale on the TTc webpage, also, I have scoured traders for furniture for two years now, and not EVER have I seen either of these lichen or toadstools for sale anywhere. The droprate is pretty much so low that the items might as well not even exist.
And to make matters worse, none of these are for sale in the Crown Store either! Meaning the Toadstools and Lichen is absolutely impossible to find anywhere to use in your home. This needs to be adressed, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in these items.

Proposed solution: Up the droprate of Vvardenfell plant furnishings dramatically, so they actually exist instead of being rarer than Aetherial Dust. Secondly, put these 3 items in the Crown Store, so I can at least buy them there, like I have done with other Vvardenfell plants.

Please make it happen, ZOS
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_RichLambert
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 2, 2023 4:14AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree drop-rate needs an increase!

I once picked up a hanging pitcher plant which is amazing, but sadly that is the only plant I ever harvested in Vvardenfell.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I agree drop-rate needs an increase!

I once picked up a hanging pitcher plant which is amazing, but sadly that is the only plant I ever harvested in Vvardenfell.

I've collected maybe 1 of those pitchers as well, and bought 1 more for gold, all the rest I had to find in Crown Store, since they may not even exist in the game, they're so rare. But at the very least you can buy them in the store, the lichen and the toadstools aren't even in the crown store.

Again, at the very least they should put them in the store, and then they also need to look into the droprates, all the Vvardenfell plants have an abyssmal droprate, comparable to the Puspockets before the increased the droprate. They shouldn't be this rare.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did a TTC search for the 2 blue hanging pitcher plants and thr 4 ground based pitchers, not a single result in all the guilds in the database. This is so rediculous.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how the Summerset plant furnishings drop rates compare?

I've seen tons of the stuff that can be fished up, like Sea Grapes, Grasswort/Pearlwort variations, and the varieties of Coral Formation; but I've never personally found any of the Node-found furnishings.

I did find ONE and bought it in a Guild Trader, the "Plants, Springwheeze."
    Edited by B0SSzombie on September 24, 2018 9:16PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    I wonder how the Summerset plant furnishings drop rates compare?

I've seen tons of the stuff that can be fished up, like Sea Grapes, Grasswort/Pearlwort variations, and the varieties of Coral Formation; but I've never personally found any of the Node-found furnishings.

I did find ONE and bought it in a Guild Trader, the "Plants, Springwheeze."

Summerset seems to be familiar in droprate, though a little bit better than Vvardenfell from what I can tell. Also, Summerset plants are kind of boring and ugly really, nothing special to harvest there, I got a few, and ended up selling them again since they didn't look good, mostly just grasses. The fished ones drop in a decent amount, no trouble there.
    But Summerset ones look to drop at least somewhat more than the Vvardenfell ones, which is a shame as the Vvardenfell ones actually look good unlike the Summerset ones.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some screenshots of the plants I mean. My addon managed to catch them in the game's files, and as you can see, not a single one of them triggers an MM sale within all my 5 large trade guilds. You can also look them all up on TTC, there's not a single one of them listen for sale.

Could we AT LEAST get these added to the Crown Store, so we can actually buy them from there? It's frustrating to want these plants in your home, only for them to not be available at all anywhere.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_RichLambert

JBkzFOm.jpg

ZUYlH4L.jpg

GHCw5Sv.jpg

lJ82FWo.jpg

MPGGfy5.jpg

WElutyS.jpg

WP4PPY4.jpg
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lavaburst and Toadstools I had to check my notes for, I still had them marked as "Unknown Source" from never having seen them posted in stores before.

The low drop chance is ridiculous ESPECIALLY because you cannot buy variants of these ones on the Crown Furniture Tab. There is no reason for an in-game only drop to be so rare!

Also, I have always thought those Toadstools look a lot like a pepperoni pizza lol!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    The Lavaburst and Toadstools I had to check my notes for, I still had them marked as "Unknown Source" from never having seen them posted in stores before.

The low drop chance is ridiculous ESPECIALLY because you cannot buy variants of these ones on the Crown Furniture Tab. There is no reason for an in-game only drop to be so rare!

Also, I have always thought those Toadstools look a lot like a pepperoni pizza lol!

Not making them for sale in the Crown store is literally denying themselves money. If they were for sale, I'd buy some of all these fungi/plants.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mix , 3 Lavaburst types and 2 or 3 Bloodtooth Toadstool types drop in the plunder skulls, if you haven't already seen. Either ZOS listened to my post, or we just both felt the same =p

Also, a ton of new furniture drop from these skulls as well, such as 2 wheat stack types, more unique mushrooms and fungi, a harvester's scythe, and of course a ton of witch related furnishings.

Do you know if there has been datamined a complete list of these items? I haven't seen one.
  • ElderOfTamriel
    ElderOfTamriel
    ✭✭✭
    As @Carbonised stated correcty, all of the 3 Toadstool Mushrooms drop from plunder skulls during witchers festival. Although only 2 of the 3 Lavaburst Mushrooms do drop from the plunder skulls aswell. The third one, Lavaburst Sprouds does only drop from Vvardenfell plants.

Here is a full list of all currently available rare drops ingame:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/7993408#Comment_7993408

The astronomical low drop rate of Vvardenfell plants tho have not changed till today, i dont know about crown store right now. I have been farming Vvardenfell clothing and alchemy nodes for the last few weeks and got 5 green plant drops so far. I've heard they can also drop from shroom beetles aswell since they sometimes drop mushrooms too. But thats a tiny chance in addition to an even tinier chance. About 3500 shroom beetles in and havent dropped and furnishing plant or mushroom of them.

Although i gotta say i like the concept of extremely rare items beeing in the game. Havent dropped a blue or pruple furnishing so far but hope to get one soon. Beside the few green and blue plants that come with the 2 Vvardenfell houses I was able to buy like half of the plants from traders ao far. Have seen most of them for sale since May 2023 but was too slow on some. There is just 1 plant, the Hangning Pitcher Pair, which was not sold for atleast a year back in May, meanwhile that counts for the Lavaburst Sprouds and the Polyp Stinkhorn too. I'll keep farming and hoping for a good drop aswell as checking TTC till i found them all. Only missing 9 items (6 of them from Vvardenfell plants) from the above list in the link to this point.

Also @ZOS:
    STOP CLOSING [Snip] THREADS TO ITEMS WHICH HAVENT CHANGED SINCE THE LAUNCH OF THEM, EVEN WHEN THE INITIAL THREAD IS 5 YEARS OLD!!! IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE AT ALL TO START A NEW THREAT EVERY TIME SOMEONE JUST WANTS TO ASK SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE ITEMS!

No, honestly, please dont do it. Thanks

[Edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ElderOfTamriel on November 22, 2023 7:01PM
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⡴⠶⠶⣤⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠛⠉⠛⢿⡿⠿⠶⠶⢤⣤⣠⣠⡤⠤⠶⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣶⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⠀⠀⠘⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⡞⣿⠛⢻⣍⣿⣯⡿⢿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⢀⢀⠀⠀⠘⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀~~~~~~~~~~~⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣴⠾⣿⣿⡷⠿⠛⠙⢹⣏⣉⣉⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⢸⢿⡟⠛⠛⡆⠀⠀"𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔢𝔩 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫𝔰, ⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⣠⡾⠻⣫⣾⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⣘⣛⣿⡿⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠘⣧⠀⠘⠀⡇⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝔞𝔤𝔢𝔰 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔭𝔞𝔰𝔰,⠀⠀ ⠀⠸⡆⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⡴⠛⣧⡾⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⣶⣚⣿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠷⣤⣴⣧⠴⠶⢿⡇⠀⠀𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱⠀⠀ ⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢠⣿⢻⣾⠏⠀⠀ ⣀⣠⣾⠿⠷⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔩𝔢𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰."⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢹⡄⠀⠸⡛⠓⢿⣙⡟⠁⠀⢤⣄⣴⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀~~~~~~~~~~⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠺⡇⠀⠀⣯⣽⣾⣿⣵⣖⡒⠚⠋⠈⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢀⡇⠀⠈⣇⢸⡿⠋⣹⡇⣹⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣇⠀⠀⣸⣿⡿⠓⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣯ ⢀⣾⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠚⢛⣿⠿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣾⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⡏⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⣿⡥⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣤⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢳⡄⠀⠀⣀⡴⠖⠛⢦⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⢠⡟⠉⠛⠻⣷⢦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣿⠷⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠐⣷⣀⠈⢧⡀⠉⠉⠓⠒⠒⠛⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⢹⡟⠛⠛⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣇⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⢀⡇⠀⠀⢸⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⠀⠳⣄⣼⣁⣀⣀⣼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠁⡝⠀⠀⢀⣠⣤⠤⠶⠒⠒⠒⠒⠶⠤⣤⣀⣀⣀⣠⡾⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣧⡴⠞⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠙⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢦⣄⣀⣠⠾⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    PC-EU
    in-game: @ElderOfTamriel
    Painting Gallery, containing every single painting: /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",90)
    Clockwork Planetarium: /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",47)
    Magetower with Biblioteque: /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",43)
    Rare Furnishing Item Collector by heart
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m grateful that many of the mushrooms became available from Plunder Skulls! It would be great if the drop rates could be bumped up a bit too, especially of any furnishings that haven’t been made available another way.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age and the last time the discussion was active was October 2018. We would like to see current feedback about this. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.