The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Defensive Rune

Bergzorn
Bergzorn
✭✭✭✭✭
Even if most sorc players, me included, have larger issues with the comming patch, I would like to discuss the state of Defensive Rune. It's almost needless to say that I'm talking about PvP.

With Murkmire, the skill will stun after 1.2 seconds. This is a huge change for both Rune Prison morphs, since the stun is dogeable.

The skill is not particularly cheap (3k magica after sorc cost reduction passive), can't be put on the overload bar anylonger, and the delayed stun makes Defensive Rune more or less useless as anti-gank tool.

The skill is in quite a sorry state. It is not clear to me if this is intended, or just collaterale damage from the (partially) justified Rune Cage changes. It's hard to suggest something without knowing what the Developers want this skill to be, if not an anti-gank tool.

I would consider the following things attractive:

- instant stun for this morph
- put minor maim on the target for 5 seconds
- strongly reduced cost to make frequent in-combat use more attractive (yes, I'm a *** annoying DR spammer)
- some utillity for having it active or slotted (sustain is always welcome, or some crit resistance)

IMO, the skill could use more than one of the above.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    This morph should be an instant stun. Everything else on it is fine.

I'm wondering what battlegrounds will look like when it's not sorcgrounds anymore? Is there another excite that will steal as many kills?

My issue with Rune Cage was always the casting version. With the shield nerf, this morph should absolutely be instant to give a orc extra time to be ready.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are all the gankblades telling me the delay is fine?

*frantically casts Radiant Magelight*
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minor Maim is a good idea if they're going to give it a delay. I'd rather have it be instant though honestly.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave Defensive Rune another chance today and have to admit that the delay is not as bad as I expected.

I'm undecided about the skill. It fits the sorc arsenal quite well in the sense that it feels like it's missing just a little something to be really good.

Well, at least it makes a fancy noise now.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon