The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Snipe Suggestion

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Make it so you can't cast another move until the ability hits or misses the target.

This would help remedy the multiple snipe exploit, and it would prevent the Snipe + Scatter Shot combo that we're about to experience once this update goes live.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the most thoughtless suggestion I have seen. This is not a good suggestion, it will make it to where no one will use Snipe in any content in the game.

People can already do the Snipe>CC with templars and Javelin. This isn't new, its not game breaking.

Better to suggest a new skill instead of snipe than to suggest to hobble the skill into oblivion.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on September 22, 2018 2:12PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Daedralex
    Daedralex
    Soul Shriven
    This would destroy bow combos. Snipe isn't even a problem. Cloak and stealth are the problem.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedralex wrote: »
    This would destroy bow combos. Snipe isn't even a problem. Cloak and stealth are the problem.

Snipe is ridiculous on stamplars with Javelin. Snipe->Javelin->Snipe can CC lock few easily making for an easy kill.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Make it so you can't cast another move until the ability hits or misses the target.

This would help remedy the multiple snipe exploit, and it would prevent the Snipe + Scatter Shot combo that we're about to experience once this update goes live.

Cherry picking which weapon ability can or can't be used in a combo ... I don't think so. Either they all can or none can.
  • Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just reduce the range of Snipe? This would at least allow the victim to attempt a counter.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Snipe is ridiculous on stamplars with Javelin. Snipe->Javelin->Snipe can CC lock few easily making for an easy kill.

I wouldn't say it's ridiculous, because the target has plenty of time to react during that combo.

It's going to be less of an issue next patch anyway. Jav is losing the knockback which means even easier break-free and less damage on follow-up bow attacks due to range.
  • Greennik
    Greennik
    This is the most thoughtless suggestion I have seen. This is not a good suggestion, it will make it to where no one will use Snipe in any content in the game.

People can already do the Snipe>CC with templars and Javelin. This isn't new, its not game breaking.

Better to suggest a new skill instead of snipe than to suggest to hobble the skill into oblivion.

I agree with you. There are some players who play Bow/Bow and a snipe nerf would kill this playstyle.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck no. Would hate to have to swap to Crushing Weapon :(

Snipe is used in pve too (although people will call you "snipe spammer" even while youre pulling 31k), and most people die to a snipe combo from stealth, in that case doesnt matter if scattershot CC's you or not, since the stealth hit stuns anyway.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe is already trash. So easily dodged, reflected or blocked from anything but stealth but even then the snipe sound is so obvious to experienced players they dodge roll or hold block when they hear it which often gets the javelin to miss as well. It also snares the shooter so kiting is impossible with it without cloak as well. With empower change you shouldn't even come close to dying to a snipe combo anyway. Your build is too squishy then and you are probably dying to lots of combos that are much worse. If anything snipe needs a buff or change to make it a more viable spammable in non-gimmick situations.
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t mess with snipe, it’s the most viable solo build skill.

Stam Sorc needs physical overload morph so the can Snipe-Overload-Scattershot-Overload combo.

If anything bring Bow base damage up to bar with other specs and give it a penetration passive.
    Edited by PickleRick on September 22, 2018 7:03PM
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just sick of getting hit with four snipes at once. From the same caster.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tbh this is probably THE ONE thing @Daus and i agree on. Something needs to be done about snipe and this is a good solution

should apply to lethal arrow too, is wont screw up anything rotation wise
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just speed up the projectile so you cant have snipes queued up in the air once prime time with high ping occurs. Thats the problem. Im not talking the channel time either, the projectile once completed should be instant. Then you have plenty of time to react to another if spammed.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Arthalion1
    Arthalion1
    ✭✭✭
    This is the kind of attitude that leads to ridiculous changes like 1s cast time on shields.

Snipe hits hard but can easily be blocked or dodged. It has a 1s cast time so should hit hard!

I am currently playing a bow only nightblade (including fights at melee range using magnum shot etc). It takes skill to play. What you suggest would make any ranger build unplayable.

Yes if someone shoots you from max range they will probably fire a second arrow before it lands but this is telegraphed to you with sound effects etc. If you can't see it coming then i am guessing lag is the issue in those situations.

You need to focus on your own ability to understand and avoid incoming damage, rather asking for everyone's abilities to be nerfed into the ground.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps just increase cost by 100% for successive casts within 4 seconds. This will alleviate snipe spam while preserving the skill's utility as an opener and periodic debilitator.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Arthalion1
    Arthalion1
    ✭✭✭
    It's the bow spammable, so no, terrible idea. Unless they also do the same for surprise attack, crushing shock, birds and any other anytime spammable. Again, just turn up your volume, turn down your music and avoid the arrows. I see the word 'dodge' five times for every arrow that lands. Yes, you will be killed by some bow gank builds, like any other gank build, but those players also have no defence.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Arthalion1

Snipe not the bow spammable. It's more akin to Ambush than Surprise Attack, and proof that it isn't a spammable: It has a CAST TIME.

The bow spammable is actually the light attack, due to the bow Hawk Eye passive that increases the damage of bow abilities by 5% for each light attack landed for five seconds.
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also FYI: You don't spam things in PvP.

"Spammable" in ESO refers to the "weavable" abilities, like Surprise Attack or Force Pulse, which can easily be weaved with light attacks in PvE content. No one has ever referred to a an ability being "spamable" in PvP in a positive, it-should-be-like-this, way.

"30s to eval"
  • Arthalion1
    Arthalion1
    ✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    @Arthalion1

Snipe not the bow spammable. It's more akin to Ambush than Surprise Attack, and proof that it isn't a spammable: It has a CAST TIME.

The bow spammable is actually the light attack, due to the bow Hawk Eye passive that increases the damage of bow abilities by 5% for each light attack landed for five seconds.

Hawk Eye did not exist originally (in it's current form) so that is a very flawed argument. A light attack is not a spammable. It is a weave.

I am afraid we will not agree. I would you suggest you attempt to play an archer to gain some perspective. Yes there are troll gankers out there, but that doesn't justify calling for a weapon choice to be made unworkable.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The argument is not flawed because of how Hawk Eye used to exist. It exists like it does right now, and it has for over TWO YEARS. It is as close to a "spammable" as the bow line gets, and if it seems like it isn't really a spammable, then that's your clue that the bow line doesn't have a spammable.

Also, if you click my name and read my posts, you'll realize that I'm about as much a pro-stamblade/gank partisan as they come.

"30s to eval"
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    The argument is not flawed because of how Hawk Eye used to exist. It exists like it does right now, and it has for over TWO YEARS. It is as close to a "spammable" as the bow line gets, and if it seems like it isn't really a spammable, then that's your clue that the bow line doesn't have a spammable.

Also, if you click my name and read my posts, you'll realize that I'm about as much a pro-stamblade/gank partisan as they come.

now that scattershot had its ranged increased, id say that or poison inj weaving with light atts is the spammable. not just light attacks.
    PS4 NA DC
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, Snipe IS ABSOLUTELY the bow spammable. For proof just enter cyrodiil
    Edited by PickleRick on September 22, 2018 11:51PM
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
  • Greennik
    Greennik
    Snipe can be easily dodged.

With Summerset ZOS allowed us to play a new playstayle---->Bow/Bow
    Before Summerset it was not really viable but with this patch we have the choice to use other constellations like DW/Bow
    Summerset gave us more diverity and if they nerf snipe they would destroy this diverity in PVE.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do something about the stupid lag combo's.

Also remove major defile off the skill morph, at the very least make it minor.

Maybe reduce the range so it's the same as every other projectile in the game...

It's a stupid easy 'i win' type of skill which turns even the worst players into very immediate threats. All they've got to do is keep spamming 1 button.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to fix snipe, just make it a cheap ultimate and replace it with a variant of rapid fire
    Edited by JobooAGS on September 23, 2018 3:02AM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol k
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greennik wrote: »
    Snipe can be easily dodged.

With Summerset ZOS allowed us to play a new playstayle---->Bow/Bow
    Before Summerset it was not really viable but with this patch we have the choice to use other constellations like DW/Bow
    Summerset gave us more diverity and if they nerf snipe they would destroy this diverity in PVE.

lol, no
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info