Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I love the Bow changes

kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
With all this hate on the forums can we stop and appreciate that Scatter Shot is now max range. Meaning after 4 years we have a spammable that does not have a cast time. I read that and still am on cloud nine.

Argonian Archer since day one. Through hard times and big buffs.
Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all this hate on the forums can we stop and appreciate that Scatter Shot is now max range. Meaning after 4 years we have a spammable that does not have a cast time. I read that and still am on cloud nine.

I'm very happy with the range change, but Draining Shot is not a worth while spammable. It does significantly less damage than Crushing Weapon or Cutting Dive. It will be much more functional in PVP, and provided a buff for the Blackrose weapons possibly have a worthwhile dot effect.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm very happy with the range change, but Draining Shot is not a worth while spammable. It does significantly less damage than Crushing Weapon or Cutting Dive. It will be much more functional in PVP, and provided a buff for the Blackrose weapons possibly have a worthwhile dot effect.

I would go with Magnum Shot more damage and knocks you back, very useful to stop someone that’s charging you. They land where you were it was okay in the pass but with this range increase it will be back on my bar for sure.

For the King of Argonia
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The self knockback on magnum I find more inhibiting than helpful.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shut your mouth! They gave SS max range? Man they are hitting on most cylinders with this upcoming patch.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The self knockback on magnum I find more inhibiting than helpful.

It does take getting used to but I love it.
    Sevn wrote: »

Shut your mouth! They gave SS max range? Man they are hitting on most cylinders with this upcoming patch.

Right not everyone is happy I don’t like all the changes but they were all needed.

For the King of Argonia
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The change sounds great.

I do think bow needs its snipe projectile to be 2x faster though. Kinda cheesy firing up to 2-4 snipes in high latency peak hours.

After that i think bow will be nice :D
    PS4 NA DC
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lmao
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will try max range draining shot for sure.

Shame cost poisons nerfed into the ground though.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Uh.... I always used the Fighter's Guild Silver Shards as a spammable on an archer. Not only does it do a lot more damage and has the full 28 meter range, but it also deals decent AoE damage AND increases your weapon damage while slotted...

Why on nirn would anyone use Draining/Magnum Shot as a spammable? :/

It's a utility skill... I still love the 28 meter increase cause it stuns. But come on...
    Edited by Nyladreas on September 23, 2018 10:17AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

Uh.... I always used the Fighter's Guild Silver Shards as a spammable on an archer. Not only does it do a lot more damage and has the full 28 meter range, but it also deals decent AoE damage AND increases your weapon damage while slotted...

It's a utility skill... I still love the 28 meter increase cause it stuns. But come on...

Why would you use silver shards over snipe? Is it the cast time?
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭

He didn't say he doesn't use snipe. He might use it as an opener in PVP, and will look to reapply during a fight when possible.
    Anyone stood in a field hitting snipe over and over will be the first one to die.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

JAwtunes wrote: »

He didn't say he doesn't use snipe. He might use it as an opener in PVP, and will look to reapply during a fight when possible.
    Anyone stood in a field hitting snipe over and over will be the first one to die.

Exactly. I still use and prioritise snipe. Whenever I open on a target and/or know that I'm safe to do so and target isn't aware.

Don't underestimate the power of Silver Shards, it's a great skill if you incorporate it in the right ways. It's almost like a ranged surprise attack with extra AoE capabilities. AND it shreds WWs (Lethal + Shards combo <3) and Vamps in PVP.
    Edited by Nyladreas on September 23, 2018 11:32AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. I still use and prioritise snipe. Whenever I open on a target and/or know that I'm safe to do so and target isn't aware.

Don't underestimate the power of Silver Shards, it's a great skill if you incorporate it in the right ways. It's almost like a ranged surprise attack with extra AoE capabilities. AND it shreds WWs (Lethal + Shards combo <3) and Vamps in PVP.

I see. PvP. I have no input on that but in pve, you don't need 2 spammables and in
    if you mean an AOE spammable, acid spray is strictly better, full damage to all and scales with the bow light attack passives.
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭

I see. PvP. I have no input on that but in pve, you don't need 2 spammables and in
    if you mean an AOE spammable, acid spray is strictly better, full damage to all and scales with the bow light attack passives.

This is a PVP vs. PVE issue again. Arrow Spray has a <28m range and this is a problem in PVP as it isn't increased by Battle Spirit, that said Bombard is ok as it reveals sneaking players and immobilises them.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run Marksman for sustain so any Bow attacks get a 8% damage buff I have DBoS for the FG buff. Plus bow attacks get a buff based on distance so hitting near max range (the way I fight) Magnum is better for my build. Shards is great tho.