The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

With mark being pretty much usless next patch compared to how it is live..

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please nerf cloak. Its just too easy for nbs to atk, if it fails they cloak away and atk again when the odds are better etc. NBs with cloak can pretty much in most situations operate without risk because of this, and thats why there are so many nbs running around atm. Figure something out to prevent cloakspams pls.

My own suggestions are:

Stop ultimate regeneration when cloaking.
Stop magicka regeneration when cloaking.
If you cloak within 5s of the last cloak (invis morph), the cost increases by 33%, stacking.

PC EU
PvP only
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Please nerf cloak. Its just too easy for nbs to atk, if it fails they cloak away and atk again when the odds are better etc. NBs with cloak can pretty much in most situations operate without risk because of this, and thats why there are so many nbs running around atm. Figure something out to prevent cloakspams pls.

My own suggestions are:

If you cloak within 5s of the last cloak (invis morph), the cost increases by 33%, stacking.

Can't tell if this is a troll or not.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My own suggestions are:

There are some balance issues with that.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk but considering there is a potion, multiple skills and every single AoE which prevent you from cloaking or break cloak.. I think there is enough counters available. However, mark should have 12s duration or so. 30s was too long, but 5s is definitely too short.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Idk but considering there is a potion, multiple skills and every single AoE which prevent you from cloaking or break cloak.. I think there is enough counters available. However, mark should have 12s duration or so. 30s was too long, but 5s is definitely too short.

I didn't like mark, it was such a hard counter of a skill and i'm not a fan of hard counters.

If they do increase it to like 10s again they need to reduce its range because it has like a 60m range...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can people just stop crying for nerfs for once good lord it never ends.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can people just stop crying for nerfs for once good lord it never ends.
    ESO 2020, no skills, chat, keeps. Just running around standing on flags. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG are you not satisfied with NERFS NERFS NERFS since Morrowind that you have to keep crying for more? This game is seriously doomed
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

I didn't like mark, it was such a hard counter of a skill and i'm not a fan of hard counters.

If they do increase it to like 10s again they need to reduce its range because it has like a 60m range...

It is a hard counter but running it means you sacrifice a slot for something better. However, I agree that range and duration currently is too much. It‘s too easy to cast it once from the safety of the zerg for what feels like an eternity.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I don't disagree that Cloak needs better counter play, your suggestions are too extreme.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It kind of feels about right to me..

A cloak-focussed build when marked usually had to just run for it and then stay away from combat for the whole 30 seconds - which is waaay too long, especially once you've already escaped and are just waiting for it to wear off..

imho 5 seconds is enough time to get killed or have it re-applied before you've escaped - and after you've escaped, means you can fairly quickly get back into combat.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it amazing that they buffed nightblades by nerfing nightblades. That's some next level ***.
    i'm just tryna have a good time
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with all the negative changes to anything that counters nbs over the last 6 months i would love to see a negative change to nbs to stopping the cloak spam or really any of the bs they get away with from broken design like ressing without being able to be detected etc
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such a backwards approach... you would punish players for using cloak skillfully (i.e. not getting revealed and not running out of magicka, which happens often to people who use it when they shouldn't) and it'd be a huge buff to zergs chasing solo players who often have to cloak multiple times in a row to drop combat in such scenarios.

Why not instead reward players who do manage to reveal a NB (with damage)? Add a 4s~ cooldown to casting cloak again, similar to how interrupting cast times/channels works. There, skillful play is rewarded and mistakes are punished - rather than the other way around.

Besides, making cloaking unsustainable as a form of defense would kill off the remaining few medium stamblades and force the rest of the NB population to play heavy armor like everyone else. Especially builds that do not run 2H and need the cloak to substitute a burst heal (i.e. when Vigor does not outheal DoTs or you need to cloak something that can't be dodged).

To illustrate this, imagine a scenario where you get Fossilized & DoT'd up by a mDK, maybe some other player standing around somewhere as well. You need to CC break & Vigor+Dodge Roll, you're around 50% health and those DoTs are dealing more damage than your Vigor heals for. You cloak.. heal for 4,5k'ish... DoTs are still running, you try to cloak again but you can't because there's a stacking cost modifier and your 800 magicka regen was stopped during the cloak. Skoria lands (maybe a Leap too) -> dead.
    ^
    That's not really the kind of gameplay I want to see in this game.
    Edited by DDuke on September 21, 2018 9:59AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheres my class change ZOS
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most groups have a NB running mark to deal with all the snipeblades and gankblades along the way though. In many ways it's actually a support skill that's used to help allies.

They absolutely slaughtered the strongest or best counter against cloak. So it's definitely a NB buff, even if disguised as a nerf.

I think 30 sec duration was a little to long, but 5 sec mark is to short. Somewhere in the middle would be better.

But it's not as if NB's got buffed overall this patch, just one PvP playstyle did. Magblades as well as NB tanks received a lot of negative changes and especially PvE related ones imo.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My own suggestions are:

They actually prefer to nerf Shuffle, dodgeroll and Assassins Will instead. #logic
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.