Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The next Chapter, Going West?

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    Skyrim likely has the most space available for expansions (just sheer volume).

Not necessarily. I mean, they've still basically got the entire province of Elsweyr to work with. Reaper's March is all we've gotten out of there so far, and the western side of that is contested with Vallenwood.

I was looking at the empty space on the map and nothing else.
    Options
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the current map, there is a ton of unused space. So I would hope they utilize that.

ESO-World-Map-Tamriel.jpg
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
    Options
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks to me like the south east is the largest unused area.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
    Options
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Yokuda doesn't exist anymore - the islands sank hundreds of years ago. That's why the redguards came to Tamriel and founded Hammerfell.

If we were to go somewhere outside of Tamriel my choice would be Akavir. It's a large and varied continent with many different kinds of terrain and people and it's got an on-again-off-again trade/war relationship with Tamriel so there's a lot of potential for maps and stories, but we've never gotten to go there in any Elder Scrolls game (so far).

I believe the map posted is actually a second era map and shows what is left of Yokuda. The last paragraph in the "Destruction of Yokuda" section of the UESP Lore:Yokuda page states:
    Although the mainland was completely lost, several islands remained and were included on one late-Second Era map of West Tamriel. According to residents of Anvil during the late-Third Era, ships still sailed to Yokuda from Anvil, and some texts referred to the continent as if it still exists in some form.

The paragraph also includes a link to the same map. I was just looking at this lore article and it's sources a week or so ago, and got the distinct impression that Yokuda was actually a large continent and the islands shown on this map are what is left.
    Edited by Number_51 on September 21, 2018 3:15PM
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaelen wrote: »
    If you break it down, Morrowind is a special EP area of mostly the Dunmer ancestral land, and Summerset is a special AD area of the Altmer ancestral land, it makes perfect sense to see the Redguard ancestral land, which would be Yokuda obviously.

Maybe, but it sank a good while ago. If you go on a vacation to Yokuda now you'll drown because it's under an ocean.

Yes, it sank, but not entirely. The islands on that map are the remnants of a larger continent. Just the mountaintops that weren't hospitable before. They'd probably have been slowly recolonized (Maormer perhaps, and returnees of original races).
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like Hammerfell would be a good location for the next chapter. Only seen one big part (Alik'r) and a smaller area (Stros Mkai). And I guess southern Bangkorai sonce it's on the border of High Rock and Hammerfell. If the argument is giving a DC area a chapter, that would be the best, most logical choice. We've seen a ton of Breton areas already. Same goes for Dunmer and Wood Elf. We've seen the least amount of Orc and Khajiit lands, so they would be the next likely candidates for a dedicated chapter. But Hammerfell feels like the next logical place based on the major story expansions they've done thus far. Orsinium (DC), Morrowind (EP), and Summerset (AD). High Elves have also been neglected as far as exploring their lore and culture but with Summerset that alleviates that problem for a while.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

It is, but that 3 different regions.

Elsweyr, Southeastern Cyrodiil, and Shadowfen. 3 different (really 4) races.

Skyrim is the largest tract of land that's predominantly one race.

Hammerfell is quite large. Western Cyrodiil is quite large. Eastern Morrowind is huge.

They have plenty of room for a chapter in any of those locations.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's going to be for DC. Since the first two were Pact and Dominion.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a quick image with an actual Cyondiil and Elsweyr and a cut and paste of Murkmire to boot.

tam2.jpg
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rumor has it that ES VI will be in Hammerfell and I doubt ESO will go there before that. My guess is the rest of Skyrim for the ES V hook. It could even be a chapter with 2 zones - there is enough room there for that.

I'm not on the PTS this time around so I don't know if they're starting a new multi DLC story line there and if they are, whether they're dropping hints for the next chapter like they did in Clockwork City for Summerset.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hegathe to Gilane, or Taneth to Rihad on the West coast would be the likely areas if were Hammerfell. The former would connect the Hew's Bane zone to the south of Alik'r, so there would most likely have to be passes or something similar added to each region. The latter could be separate and reached only by ship.

Prince's Gate already exists in Hew's Bane, to lead to Gilane and beyond, but there's nothing similar in the south of the Alik'r zone. And that gate leads to a specific quest, and is unlikely to get re-used for general traffic. The sea route to Taneth/Rihad seems more likely, as it's less effort.
    Options
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there one or two possible maps involving Elsweyr? If they choose Elsweyr, there will be no AD map for the future.
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere in hammerfall is my bet, tiven they are tending to rotate around the three alliances for the chapters
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are there one or two possible maps involving Elsweyr? If they choose Elsweyr, there will be no AD map for the future.

Pretty sure Elsweyr is 3 different regions.

Overall, I doubt they finish out the AD section with a chapter. They can easily do it as the DLC.
    Options
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could split Elsweyr into two regions I would think. Seems large enough. Something along the lines of the 2 remaining kingdoms post-Thrassian Plague at the end of the 1st era, Anequina and Pellitine (a north-south split of the province).

From UESP Lore:Elsweyr:
    Anequina encompasses the northern half of Elsweyr. The region is dominated by harsh badlands and dry plains, which gave rise to a hardened warrior culture among the local Khajiit that viewed their neighbors to the south as decadent and depraved.

Pellitine encompasses the southern half of Elsweyr. The region is considerably more fertile than the arid north, and is replete with jungles, rainforests, and river basins. The Khajiit of Pellitine were consequently wealthier than their neighbors to the north, whom they derided as uncouth barbarians. The capital city of Elsweyr, Torval, is located here.
    Edited by Number_51 on September 21, 2018 8:22PM
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a little highlight of open areas to get a sense of scale. Complete Elsweyr of ~size and Cyrodiil cut off to show the parts that aren't in game currently.

Tam3.jpg
    Options
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim is next. Take screenshot.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tuxon wrote: »
    Skyrim is next. Take screenshot.

EP does have the vast amount of the open space on the map.
    Options
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go for Imperial even if they try to establish an order it could go like this DC < EP < AD < Imperial/empire
    Plus if we get an imperial zone they could reintroduce Abnur and the Amulet of Kings into the story (we havent heard of him ever since the MQ ended)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
    Options
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    I’m going going back back to Skyrim Skyrim
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the current map, there is a ton of unused space. So I would hope they utilize that.

ESO-World-Map-Tamriel.jpg

The entire province of Elsweyr is perfectly sized for a chapter.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need a submarine for Yokuda
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is also the only place that hasn't been covered by previous games.
    It doesn't matter. It will be a boring, resourceless chunk of tripe like Morrowind and Summerset.
    Options
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the new systems ZOS want to implement. Chapter is not just a zone.

If the game will finally have Spellcrafting, the most likely zone is Skyrim. The Chapter can have two zones (such as Summerset): The Pale + Winterhold (College and Spellcrafting). If the map goes even further west, they may also include a new guild skill line: Bards College. If I'm not mistaken, the College was founded in the Second Era, right? The same ESO Era!

I’d love spell crafting (if well done) and hope that the next guild skill line will be Bard’s college with a focus on buff-type PBAoe, decent range chants/songs.

That said, I hope Elsweyr is next. Second choice would be Hammerfell.

Wrothgar is the equivalent of a DC chapter (they just called it something else then) so all three factions have now had a chapter-level zone added.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    It depends on the new systems ZOS want to implement. Chapter is not just a zone.

If the game will finally have Spellcrafting, the most likely zone is Skyrim. The Chapter can have two zones (such as Summerset): The Pale + Winterhold (College and Spellcrafting). If the map goes even further west, they may also include a new guild skill line: Bards College. If I'm not mistaken, the College was founded in the Second Era, right? The same ESO Era!

I’d love spell crafting (if well done) and hope that the next guild skill line will be Bard’s college with a focus on buff-type PBAoe, decent range chants/songs.

That said, I hope Elsweyr is next. Second choice would be Hammerfell.

Wrothgar is the equivalent of a DC chapter (they just called it something else then) so all three factions have now had a chapter-level zone added.

DC is in the same boat as AD. Only one area to do a chapter in. It's a larger area (not by a whole lot), but if they do Elsweyr or Hammerfall that's the end of that factions chapters.

Of course there are other options... Dwemer underground. Daedric realms (Oblivion in general). Akavir.

Reality is they don't have to make up a new continent for a chapter for a long time. The current map easily has 5-6 years of chapters and DLC zones in it.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After this latest patch i don't care where they go anymore i have no interest in buying more content my characters cannot play in.
    Options
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a little highlight of open areas to get a sense of scale. Complete Elsweyr of ~size and Cyrodiil cut off to show the parts that aren't in game currently.

Tam3.jpg

The blood red parts were done by Tamriel-Rebuilt. There may be licensing issues.
    The red Camel is the most likely bit.
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's very little chances of Yokuda ever being added to the game.
    In any case DC maps are almost fully filled out in comparison to the rest of the alliances, except if they go with a big chunk of Alik'r Desert
    Edited by LMar on September 22, 2018 8:59AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skingrad, between Cyrodiil and The Gold Coast would be nice for a small DLC-sized area (around the size of The Gold Coast, Hew's Bane, Clockwork City, and Murkmire). I've personally been looking forward to re-visiting this mega-city since its appear in TES:Oblivion's Cyrodiil. Skingrad's placement would put it west of Castle Brindle, just outside the PvP-portion of Cyrodiil.

As far as the next Chapter-sized content, if located on the Tamriel continent itself, then I think Hammerfell and Skyrim are both likely. Otherwise, another Plane-Of-Oblivion akin to the size of Coldharbor is also very likely, as well.
    ESO Game Director @ZOS_MattFiror recently stated in an interview around August 30th, 2018 that the next two ESO Chapters after Summerset are already in development (so, 2019 and 2020). 2019's Chapter is in active developement (asset-creation, etc.) whereas 2020's Chapter is in the concept-stage, so its location and story is more fluid and may change. Audio-only, source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InykB4dA6KI

And, following the events/conclusion of Summerset's main-story.
    With "The Triad" Daedric story-arc of Vvardenfell/Clockwork City/Summerset inter-connected main-story/tri-plot coming to a close at the end of the Summerset storyline, the plot with Darien/Meridia and Mephala/Sotha Sil seems very unfinished. I wonder what Mephala and Sotha Sil discussed behind our backs in their 'private conversation' -- and why Meridia is holding Darien Gautier as a 'prisoner.' Meridia isn't exactly the saint she seems to be. And why did Mephala help us in Summerset in the short-term? Maybe a scheme to stab us in the back later on, in the long-term. :wink:
    180px-ON-npc-Mephala_03.png
    If this doesn't scream "ANTAGONIST," then I don't know what does. Especially since Nocturnal's 'appearance' was a total disappointment. :lol:
    @ZOS_RichLambert did say in an interview that they wrapped-up 'The Triad' Daedric-arc storyline with Summerset and were looking onward for the next/different way to tell the next ESO meta-story. So, that could mean a new Daedric Prince meddling, a new plane of Oblivion to explore, or something else entirely non-Daedric. Maybe Akaviri or Alliance-War/geo-political stuff. Who knows?

And then there's this to consider, as well.
    There is also the fact that ZeniMax/Bethesda recently filed a Trademark a little over a week ago for the "Redfall" name, which is likely a portmanteau of Redguard and Daggerfall, hinting that TES:VI may take place in both High Rock and Hammerfell regions. The TES:VI Teaser trailer also supports this, with a dragon's-eye/bird's-eye-view shifting through the clouds from Skyrim towards Hammerfell/High Rock, and the fact that the text was coated in a Redguard style/color, and the fact that Ada-Mantia is supposedly the last Tower to be deactivated. (See Elder Scrolls Tower Theory: elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Towers). So this whole present situation for TES:VI could leave an ESO Hammerfell Chapter unlikely, especially since we already have Craglorn and Orsinium around there. I'm sure both companies (Bethesda Game Studioes and ZeniMax Online Studios) don't want to step on each other, since they 'communicate daily' and are both subsidiaries of ZeniMax Media, Inc, which is the overall parent-company. Yes, the business world is confusing. :lol:
    TL;DR: this is why TES:VI will not take place in Black Marsh, because ESO now has Murkmire.
    It is simple to say that doing the same area at the same time (real-time) for both games is not in the best interest of the business and the franchise/brand as a whole, from their point of view; they have to keep it fresh/interesting. :)

Regardless, I'm sure we'll all be excited wherever they take us next. :)
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on September 22, 2018 10:18AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, judging by the forums currently the game is definitely going south.
    Options