The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Help Needed] Vine-Tongue Traveler Achievement

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello fellow testers!

I am trying to get the Vine-Tongue Traveler Achievement in order to test the related furniture item, Timid Vine-Tongue.

You have to read 6 books that you can only get to by using a memento to cause Timid Vine-Tongues at the locations to grab you! It is quite fun, but I can't seem to locate them all...

I have located 3 of the 6 locations:

Vine-Tongues: Preparations (SE of the Lakemire Manor in the elevated area there (cave leads up to the area)
Vine-Tongues: Happy Plants (North of Blackrose Wayshrine on two tall rocks in the lake)
Vine-Tongues: Introduction (at Xinchei-Konu Monument)

I have observed a bug that reading one of the books may complete more than 1 of the 6 and they may complete ones you didn't just read (ie. it seems Happy Plants gave me credit for A Happy Home but Introduction or Preparation had already given me credit for Happy Plants...)

Regardless of those bugs, there should still be 6 locations with Timid Vine-Tongues and a readable item.

If you know of any other than the three above, I would appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Mix

edit: Vine-Tongues: Happy Home found inside Tsofear Cavern
Edited by Mix on September 20, 2018 2:33AM
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    SW of Blackrose Prison (on the rocks)

Inside Teeth of Sithis, in final boss room, look to the west as you enter the place

I found all 6 without specifically looking, you are bound to notice these orange glowing plants as you explore, so they kinda lead you to the right places :P Especially at night it's easy to see them.
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you now the house item doesn't let you get pulled to it ... I was bitterly disappointed
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know how to read ANY of them.

They are up on tall rocks, and I have no way to get to them.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoops sorry this was PTS, but same question applies...this quest doesn't appear to be possible.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to put this thread down, as it seemed to have died some time ago. At this time we'd like to try and keep Draugr threads from roaming around the front page, pushing down newer and more lively threads Feel free to continue this subject in a more recent thread or create a new one if a more recent thread is not available.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.