The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Templar

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Templar. Please read through all the changes in the patch notes and try them out on the PTS before providing feedback in this thread. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno my greatest applause to you, everyone on the combat team, balance team, everything. The changes to templar are more then we could ask for and this is coming from someone who has gained stamplar and magplar since launch. Much thanks to the class reps specifically @Joy_Division and @Checkmath for their help in bringing these buffs to fruition. I am just amazed, and I am genuinely excited to play next patch.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These changes look awesome.
    Awesome job by our class reps
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased with the changes on a first look. I guess we'll be the new FOTM now.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS. FOR ONCE, I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS.

YOU HAVE MADE ME EAT CROW AND I LOVE IT, PLEASE CONTINUE TO FEED ME MORE.

The changes to spear wall are especially juicy because active defenses are now a thing templar can do, and I am very happy, everything is coming up milhouse.

These give templar usability by giving us defenses in our kit that require us to -actually be awake to use them-, I cannot wait to do templar tank with these. SOULSHINE. SEDUCER. ICEHEART. S'GONNA BE BIG. Then again that's as a PVE tank and not a PVP tank, so. Do with that information what you will.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 17, 2018 5:27PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That'll do pig.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This patch bring backs stampler in race but mag will be a way behind. Just look at radiant destruction 35% cost increase change
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 17, 2018 5:23PM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow honestly really good changes. Still waiting for shards to stun again, but this is looking really good.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The new emp sweep is gonna be so good.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Destruction: Decreased the channel time for this ability and its morphs to 1.8 seconds from 2.8 seconds; the damage done has been decreased by approximately 15% and cost by approximately 35%. The total damage per second and cost per second should remain relatively unchanged. As I understand it they reduce damage by 15% and reduce the cost by 35% not a increase.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks class reps, strong work.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This patch bring backs stampler in race but mag will be a way behind. Just look at radiant destruction 35% cost increase change

False, go back and read it. Magplar is currently looking to be the close #1 PvE DD to Magblades next patch with Mag Dk close behind.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pleasantly surprised by these changes. Thank you.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

False, go back and read it. Magplar is currently looking to be the close #1 PvE DD to Magblades next patch with Mag Dk close behind.

Ehhh it's not that severe...
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first glance these changes improve MANY of the flaws that magplars had... but then I realized that basically all medium stam builds will take 25% less damage from jabs lol. Still though these are some pretty good class changes
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Still no fix for power of the light/purifying light not dealing damage when it explodes if the groups dps is too high? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The templar changes are awesomes. And I hope it will stay like that.

@Checkmath @Joy_Division can you be sorc reps ? if you didn't notice the class is in a critical spot now.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will jabs be reduced by 25% if someone runs shuffle?

I think jabs should have 2 dmg scaling mechanisms now (direct and AOE) in addition to direct burning light.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    The new emp sweep is gonna be so good.

agreed. my magplar butt will be running it since im already running a physical dmg ultimate lol

At least it will help protect me in nCP, proc burning light and let me run an offense monster helm with light armor.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I mean...just...wow.

#maketemplarsgreatagain. #templarlivesmatter. #metootemplars
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc was sacrificed for Templar to finally get love.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    templesus wrote: »

Ehhh it's not that severe...

What? In conjunction with the Magblades nerfs, the ability to fit in another light attack with radiants, and the 60% buff to blazing spear, magplar might even be on top. Plus, with the changes to ele weapon and buff to sweeps, we can actually use sweeps again. Finally, with the changes to Crescent, magplar can now run Master Architect.
    Edited by templesus on September 17, 2018 6:00PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamicka wrote: »
    At first glance these changes improve MANY of the flaws that magplars had... but then I realized that basically all medium stam builds will take 25% less damage from jabs lol. Still though these are some pretty good class changes

But if you actually hit where you are aiming now (haven't tested it) with the new Jabs aiming technique you may actually hit your target more also.

All in all, it looks like the devs have put real long thought and consideration into these changes and the entire Templar kit, not just bandaids.

Well done. To the class reps as well.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar changes look really good. I would have liked to see something done with Sun Shield to make it useful, but otherwise some nice changes.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Templar changes look really good. I would have liked to see something done with Sun Shield to make it useful, but otherwise some nice changes.

- now uses resist (and our rune resist buff)
    - could be instant cast
    - procs minor protection on cast.

id say outside buffs.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

- could be instant cast

id say outside buffs.

Fair points there.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no complaints. That's not usually true of Templar patch notes, so I wanted to go on record with it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

- could be instant cast

id say outside buffs.

Fair points there.

yea sounds like our shield is instant cast still:

"Updated the behavior of all damage shields.

You can now deal a Critical Strike against an enemy with a damage shield.
    Your Spell and Physical Resistance now reduces incoming damage before it is applied to your damage shield.
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler

Poisons and Weapon Enchantments can now proc even if the damage done by the Light Attack, Heavy Attack, or Weapon Ability is fully absorbed by a damage shield."

only LA shield and sorc shield have the cast time noted.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get protection while jabbing, while also being able to turn and face targets during the channel and my rune now gives me stamina return for my stamplar? And I can repent bodies some other templar already repented?

I'm super excited.

Just curious. Binding Javelin no longer knocks back but it keeps its range, right?
  • raknorok
    raknorok
    ✭✭✭
    I don't post often, I'm one of remaining few still playing blazing shield. overall I have no complaints this cycle. While using blazing shield, when I look at my combat log, often non critical and critical shield damage are *** the same amount of damage. I would like to see the damage cap on blazing shield lifted so that my critical strikes with blazing shield are allowed to do more damage than a non critical strike. Also, often times while under the effects of a stun, my shield will just disappear doing no damage at all.
    the Rambunctious
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the deal with radiant? Is it going to tick two times instead of four now?