The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I Broke My Vow Not to Buy Crowns

Smitch_59
Smitch_59
✭✭✭✭✭
I've had my eye on the Molag Bal furnishing bundle. Unfortunately, it's only available until tomorrow morning, and I only had about 3800 Crowns, and I wouldn't receive my monthly ESO+ crowns in time. I also really wanted the Hircine statue, but again it's only available until tomorrow, and I only had 94 Crown Gems. I had promised myself that I would restrict my crown store purchases to whatever I could buy with my ESO+ crowns. But I really, really wanted these furnishings.

So today I broke down and bought 5000 Crowns. Got the furnishing pack and got some Crown Crates, so I could extract enough gems to buy Hircine. Been having lots of fun placing these items in my home.

But now I feel so dirty...
By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=4215371
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=4215371

Perfect gif
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't sweat it. If you really wanted the Molag Bal furniture set, and you needed the Crowns (and can afford them), then that is what you do.

As for the Crown Gems, I might suggest stocking up on the free crates as much as possible by watching streams and taking advantage of the free crate offers like the one that just ended.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shrugs
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    I've had my eye on the Molag Bal furnishing bundle. Unfortunately, it's only available until tomorrow morning, and I only had about 3800 Crowns, and I wouldn't receive my monthly ESO+ crowns in time. I also really wanted the Hircine statue, but again it's only available until tomorrow, and I only had 94 Crown Gems. I had promised myself that I would restrict my crown store purchases to whatever I could buy with my ESO+ crowns. But I really, really wanted these furnishings.

So today I broke down and bought 5000 Crowns. Got the furnishing pack and got some Crown Crates, so I could extract enough gems to buy Hircine. Been having lots of fun placing these items in my home.

You are now on the slippery slope, sweetie :D
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

just joking don't fell bad if you really want something better to get it then to regret it
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Director
    Director
    Smitch_59 wrote: »

If you have a lot of gold, you can use that to buy crown store items from other players. You can use zone chat or buyer/seller networks such as https://discord.gg/ZRvAHF8. You won't have to spend any real money.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously isn't that the whole point of crowns buy what you want or need as the need arises?
  • Director
    Director
    When sales occur, some people stock up on crowns that they don't need at the time. :D
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Typical whale
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waas going to break my vow to not buy eso plus anymore then they re added loyalty rewards in November so im going to have to suffer a month with eso plus
  • Director
    Director
    Don't forget that we will receive three hollowjack crates, assuming you logged in during the promotion period.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Director wrote: »
    Don't forget that we will receive three hollowjack crates, assuming you logged in during the promotion period.

Got 'em!
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • AbandonedTrolley
    AbandonedTrolley
    Soul Shriven
    Why not just purchase some more plus and stack that instead? Crowns are instant so would have gotten 3 months Plus and 4500 crowns?
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    I waas going to break my vow to not buy eso plus anymore then they re added loyalty rewards in November so im going to have to suffer a month with eso plus

Loyalty rewards???
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad. Everyone needs moar Molag, and that furniture pack has been one of my favorites. It's almost worth the stink eye I got from the hubby. :smiley: