Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PVP opt out for Imperial City.

Neonisys
Neonisys
✭✭✭
I know this will probably be not that popular, with PvP being in the atrocious dwindling state that it is, but some of us don't give a remote toss about PvP existing at all in the game. Hiding story content behind gank purposeless PvP is stupid and should never be the case in a game built around PvE like ESO is, give players the ability to opt out of any pvp, obviously forfeiting any and all bonuses.

Oh, and make it so that bloody boss protecting the strung up priest is at least balanced so pretty average players like me have a shot at not being obliterated over and over and over and over and over, there aren't any groups available to come help kill it now so that could do with a coat of looking.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, as long as there are no bonuses, tel var, or achievements that were intended to be completed with the threat of PVP.

IC's main questline is pretty fun. But yeah, the Arena and Temple district boss fights are a difficulty spike compared to the other districts.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 5, 2018 10:27PM
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly eso was not built around pve in the beginning eso was pretty much 50/50. It just became like this when Zos decided to stop releasing pvp content ...
    But yes they could make the storyline easier for non pvpers to complete it but I dont think there should be a non pvp ic.
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually got saved by getting ganked in my last IC story run. I was having a rough time trying to solo the final arena boss, and I suspect I'd probably have died to it, but then a crowd of enemy alliance players steamed in and murdered me.

However they also killed the boss, and because I'd already tagged it I got credit for the quest completion. :)
  • Neonisys
    Neonisys
    ✭✭✭
    Great, now I'm doing The Imperial Standard quest, and now a group know I need an objective they're just waiting to gank me. This isn't fun, or necessary. I don't want PvP and I shouldn't have to go into a PvP zone to have story content. Stupid decision and the players all seem like ***.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neonisys wrote: »
    Great, now I'm doing The Imperial Standard quest, and now a group know I need an objective they're just waiting to gank me. This isn't fun, or necessary. I don't want PvP and I shouldn't have to go into a PvP zone to have story content. Stupid decision and the players all seem like ***.

Imperial City was designed and marketed as a PVP/PVE DLC. Its obviously aimed at PVP players who enjoy PVE as well, and it came out at a time when ZOS still thought PVP was ESO's end game content. Plus the PVP community hadn't yet suffered years of attrition due to persistent performance issues. Making story content with PVP made sense back then, but there's a reason ZOS doesn't do that anymore.

I suggest you try doing the quest on one of the new, probably emptier campaigns. That's how I did my IC questline, though I'm a PVPer and I was prepared for PVP. Alternatively, maybe don't try conquest during the busiest time of the year for Imperial City PVPers? Its double the rewards, sure, which means double the gankers and double the PVP players looking to make some Tel Var. If you just want to be left alone to quest, you picked the worst time of the year for it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all the reward without the risk? That’s seems to be what OP is asking for.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    So all the reward without the risk? That’s seems to be what OP is asking for.

The OP did say they'd forfeit the bonuses.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    27: The number of zones available for PVE.

2: The number of zones available for PVP.

Get over it and go play in Summerset if you don't want to PVP.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it’s any comfort, it’s just as painful for a PvP player when they need gear from veteran content. It would be great if we all had more options - PVE Cyrodiil and IC, Arena weapons from PvP, etc
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    The entitlement of some people.

"gank purposeless PvP" I'm pretty sure they play the game with the same purpose as you, to have fun; unless of course only your definition of fun is correct then by all means, carry on with your ways.

I mean, what right do those PVPers have to get story content, that "should never be the case in a game built around PvE"...according to you.

Oh and I love that he added one more demand on top of the PVP stuff for icing on the cake.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The concept is pretty simple. Do not want to be in PVP? Stay out of the two PVP enabled zones in the game.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don’t like PvP don’t do it, simple as that.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this will probably be not that popular, with PvP being in the atrocious dwindling state that it is, but some of us don't give a remote toss about PvP existing at all in the game. Hiding story content behind gank purposeless PvP is stupid and should never be the case in a game built around PvE like ESO is, give players the ability to opt out of any pvp, obviously forfeiting any and all bonuses.

Oh, and make it so that bloody boss protecting the strung up priest is at least balanced so pretty average players like me have a shot at not being obliterated over and over and over and over and over, there aren't any groups available to come help kill it now so that could do with a coat of looking.

I hate to break it to you, but originally the endgame of ESO was PvP. All roads were meant to lead to Cyrodiil.

The NPCs in IC are already a joke. The only bosses that require some effort are the destrict bosses, and even those can be solo'ed relatively easily. And don't have to be a player of the highest-tier for that either. Nerfing the NPCs further is really pointless.

If you want the IC feeling without PvP go into the Imperial Prision and White Gold Tower dungeons.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree on OP on this one, PvP doesn’t make the quest fun when players are attacking you. This is why I hate the Imperial City DLC and honestly? I don’t care about the damn PvP. Give me the option to turn that off so I can actually do the quest that’s in there. :/
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree on OP on this one, PvP doesn’t make the quest fun when players are attacking you. This is why I hate the Imperial City DLC and honestly? I don’t care about the damn PvP. Give me the option to turn that off so I can actually do the quest that’s in there. :/

Funny, I'd rather have the option to kill you and steal your telvar stones. You have the rest of the game, literally every single other piece of content to play without PVP.

Everywhere else is YOUR game. You can murder NPCs in front of me. You can steal everything not nailed down, get caught, and evade the brain dead guards. You can run around naked, and throw mudballs at people. But sorry, you can't go running around an active war zone without the threat of dying to one of us.

Get out of cyrodiil. Or learn how to fight back. Or bring a friend. Join a guild and bring lots of friends. Just stop crying here.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not all content is for all players. That's okay.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK - but only if I can pvp for maelstrom, masters and other pve only weapons. Oh yeah and while we're at it how about letting me pvp my undaunted levels too? Much more challenging than the mindless, repetitive grinds that pass for pve in this game.
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want a PVE only Cyrodiil or IC.
    I enjoy the PvP content there but I do like to complete the PvE parts too and have done those on several characters.

However I would like the temple quest boss and arena bosses to be toned down so that they are soloable by average characters in purple gear.

It is such a pain in the rear end to complete those quests. I tried doing them on an alt last night during the event because I knew lots of players would be around. I literally had to beg for an hour in zone chat while praying another faction didn't find me. There were at least 20-30 of my faction running around the districts with most flags our color at the time and it still took an hour for someone to finally be willing to help me.

I just want to get those quests done so I can farm dailies and run around killing other players as well.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • catfedfarsil
    Minalan wrote: »

Funny, I'd rather have the option to kill you and steal your telvar stones. You have the rest of the game, literally every single other piece of content to play without PVP.

Everywhere else is YOUR game. You can murder NPCs in front of me. You can steal everything not nailed down, get caught, and evade the brain dead guards. You can run around naked, and throw mudballs at people. But sorry, you can't go running around an active war zone without the threat of dying to one of us.

Get out of cyrodiil. Or learn how to fight back. Or bring a friend. Join a guild and bring lots of friends. Just stop crying here.

Sadly, the more I read stuff like this, the more I think that some pvp likers are only great egos and aggressive frustrations. You act as cyrodill is really yours, feel superior, insult, and all that kind of ***... Muahauha see all the pvp keyboard heros !!

Stop now, you OverNerd, I think you have to remind ESO is a game, and everyone has the right to ask what he likes more.
    And, btw, don't you feel the nonsense of the alliance war ? I think you have choose the WRONG game, go YOU off of Tamriel, for some CallOfDuty or other kill'em all keyboard hero.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could turn off PvE and just run to the end of the dungeon for my monster helm.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Sadly, the more I read stuff like this, the more I think that some pvp likers are only great egos and aggressive frustrations. You act as cyrodill is really yours, feel superior, insult, and all that kind of ***... Muahauha see all the pvp keyboard heros !!

Stop now, you OverNerd, I think you have to remind ESO is a game, and everyone has the right to ask what he likes more.
    And, btw, don't you feel the nonsense of the alliance war ? I think you have choose the WRONG game, go YOU off of Tamriel, for some CallOfDuty or other kill'em all keyboard hero.

The only thing the PvP’er you quote is purporting to own is not Cyrodiil, but common sense. Which you lack: Out of 30 areas in ESO, one has PvP enabled: don’t go to that one, solitary zone if you don’t like PvP, there will be PvP in there regardless of how you feel about PvP players. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the game wasn’t supposed to be centered around pvp then why does Caldwell mention the war in Cyrodiil at the end of the main quest line?? Hmmmmmm?????
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need wise mage from sanctum ophidian ... Can we make that a PvP zone please
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads never cease to amaze me.

I don't know why people bother playing vast games like this honestly. They find the 1% that doesn't fit with how they want to play hate on it and want it gone.

Sweet lord go enjoy the other 99%.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you was on ps4 na you probably wouldn't have a difficult time doing the quest normally imperial city is dead except right now with the event happening it's actually got people playing in the city again it reminds me of the great times i use to have in the imperial city when it was first released there is really no need for a pve imperial city you just so happened to be trying to quest at the worst time since the event is happening
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*sigh* While their response was overly antagonistic, I absolutely understand it. All but two zones are PvE-only. Two whole PvP zones... that's it. That's all. The overwhelming majority of this game is available for players like yourself. PvPers wait years for bug fixes, get little to no DLC attention, and struggle with performance issues that make the PvE performance woes look like heaven by comparison.

Basically, PvP-oriented players have very little content that they get to call their own. So yeah, you're going to make people grumpy when you suggest that one of the very few elements of the game they're invested in and care about should be redesigned to fit your desires, when you literally have the rest of the game you get to enjoy.

I guess to return the sentiment of the OP, speaking as a PvE and PvP player: I really don't give a remote toss if you and other PvE-only players get rolled trying to quest in IC or Cyrodiil. Either put in the time and effort to learn how to PvP like the rest of us did, or go enjoy the vast majority of the game that was built for your play style and leave those of us who enjoy PvP in peace.

Edited by OrdoHermetica on September 10, 2018 7:40AM
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only just started to go into cyrodiil and IC. I have found it quite fun, but in IC I have found myself just being more interested in doing the PVE content, so I would agree that a PVP toggle on and off would be great. Make it so if you toggle off you have to wait a while, to avoid being able to just instantly toggle it off if the fight is going bad. Say a 5 minute wait. And once PVP is toggled off, you get no tel var, no bonus for anything, nothing. That way both sides are happy.

Last night I was in IC, I wanted to get back to an npc to hand in a quest before going to bed, and I kept getting ganked by the same guys who seemed to be camping a main path way through the sewers.

I know I know, pvp in a pvp zone. I understand. But I really had no interest in fighting, I just wanted to get to the npc to hand in the quest and go to bed. So I was left slightly frustrated and gave up trying to hand it in.
    Edited by Neoealth on September 10, 2018 1:14PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To paraphrase one of our favorite devs, you know you don't have to go to IC, right?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    I've only just started to go into cyrodiil and IC. I have found it quite fun, but in IC I have found myself just being more interested in doing the PVE content, so I would agree that a PVP toggle on and off would be great. Make it so if you toggle off you have to wait a while, to avoid being able to just instantly toggle it off if the fight is going bad. Say a 5 minute wait. And once PVP is toggled off, you get no tel var, no bonus for anything, nothing. That way both sides are happy.

Last night I was in IC, I wanted to get back to an npc to hand in a quest before going to bed, and I kept getting ganked by the same guys who seemed to be camping a main path way through the sewers.

I know I know, pvp in a pvp zone. I understand. But I really had no interest in fighting, I just wanted to get to the npc to hand in the quest and go to bed. So I was left slightly frustrated and gave up trying to hand it in.

To be honest, the questline for IC is very lackluster. Your basically going to each district, do some small quest. Flag each district and move onto the next. I'm pretty sure Molag Bol isn't even a main objective along the whole thing. Once you get the districts all done and flagged you can do dallies for tel var. However, even that is pretty simple stuff. There might be some achievement for killing all the little bosses throughout the sewers and collecting all the skyshards. But that's it. It's not like some epic quest zone with an overarching big encounter with the big boss Molag.

Most PvE'rs want the scamp and the skin that Molag drops. You can BUY these. Heck you can even buy the gear the telvar vendors sell off guild vendors. So honestly, there is no need for you to even go there unless your some kind of completionist. Then all i can say is bring friends,.learn a bit about PvP and prepare yourselves.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE opt-out for gear-farming please. Doing Cloudrest for the sake of getting Olorime is boring. Would be much more comfortable (for me) to buy everything I needed with AP. Who needs gold or transmute stones, if you could just buy everything in the PvP-traits, that's Well-Fitted & Impen? Include all weapon /shield traits, though. Oh, and you could choose if you'd want to buy it blue, purple or gold, with gold costing the most AP.

You see how ridiculous that would be? It's equally ridiculous to expect to be able to opt-out of PvP in a PvP-zone. If they'd want to make it a PvE-zone, they also should remove everything obtainable there. Only keep the quest line and make Willpower/Agi/Endu drop as Quest-rewards.

OP talks as if PvE is the only thing existing in this game. I exaggarated by talking as if PvP is the only thing that exists in this game. (And for me, unless I'm forced to pve grind sets, PvP is my game).
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.