The issues related to logging in to the European PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!
The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570427/

1650 Crown increase from 1500

elijafire
elijafire
✭✭✭
When exactly will this occur, and if I buy a six months sub right now and you change it in 4 months will I get 2 months worth of the extra crowns (300) for example?

Eli
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is only new renewals after the change is made will see the added crowns.

    I say this because we get all the crowns when we renew the sub vs having a monthly allotment made over the time span of the renewal.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when are they rolling that out? and how will that work with month to month subs?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really shouldn't exepect this to work any different than "the increased benefits only apply to ESO+ purchases commenced after the change".

    Most likely it will be introduced with Murkmire, since ZOS does not make any major changes in-between DLC. So maybe it's a good idea to not subscribe or get a couple of one month subscriptions for now.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    My guess is only new renewals after the change is made will see the added crowns.

    I say this because we get all the crowns when we renew the sub vs having a monthly allotment made over the time span of the renewal.

    I tend to agree with this but not for the same reasons. I'm pretty darn sure it would be incredibly easy to flag current members and then script them out 150 crowns x remaining months. So if they won't do that then its because they don't want to and there's really no excuse.


    I'd like an official response please as to my initial questions not speculation.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only buy three monthly in case i quit.
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s been confirmed on the twitch stream that the crown increase will come with update 20 and the murk mire realease
    Edited by LordLomax on September 2, 2018 12:55AM
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »
    It’s been confirmed on the twitch stream that the crown increase will come with update 20 and the murk mire realease

    When? 0_0 more details pls
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    LordLomax wrote: »
    It’s been confirmed on the twitch stream that the crown increase will come with update 20 and the murk mire realease

    When? 0_0 more details pls

    Matt Firor suggested in an interview late October/early November (at around 6 min mark)

    PC EU

    Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Hum... so when my eso+ renew after the change, I will receive 1650 instead of 1500 ?
    Or do I need to cancel and re-subscribe ?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hum... so when my eso+ renew after the change, I will receive 1650 instead of 1500 ?
    Or do I need to cancel and re-subscribe ?
    In theory it would give you the new value when you sub renewed as they would change it on their end to just give different values of crowns.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Hum... so when my eso+ renew after the change, I will receive 1650 instead of 1500 ?
    Or do I need to cancel and re-subscribe ?

    Cancel it till they update the crowns.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »
    Hum... so when my eso+ renew after the change, I will receive 1650 instead of 1500 ?
    Or do I need to cancel and re-subscribe ?

    Cancel it till they update the crowns.

    For those on XB who can only do a monthly sub, I don't think there's anything to do differently. You'll get the crown increase on your next renewal after Murkmire. Although, I suppose if your renewal hit the day before (or a few days before), then it might be better to let your sub lapse and start it again when Murkmire lands. Right now, though, we don't have a specific launch date.

    ETA: I'm not sure it's really worth the hassle just for 150 crowns (assuming monthly XB sub).

    ETA2: Also, you have to weigh whether loss of the double bank space, crafting bag, double housing slots, and access to DLC for several months is worth the extra (up to 900) crowns you would get.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 7, 2018 3:42PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »
    ixie wrote: »
    Atallanta wrote: »
    LordLomax wrote: »
    It’s been confirmed on the twitch stream that the crown increase will come with update 20 and the murk mire realease

    When? 0_0 more details pls

    Matt Firor suggested in an interview late October/early November (at around 6 min mark)


    Thanks for this, I actually misread the comment, thought it was saying crown store price increase.. hopefully that will not happen as it is already highly overpriced.

    When I first heard of crowns amount increase, I said “oh please let it be 2500 crowns, if it’s less it won’t be fair, don’t make it as low as 2000 crowns”.. and then I read it would be 1650... how naive of me :(

    1650 is a strict 10%, which tells me that it was probably a directed amount. As in, someone decided it was to be 10%, not 1650. Otherwise, it would have been an even 100, like 1700. The value of 1650 is a strange one and harder for customers to do multiple month math, so that 10% is reinforced and firm.

    I am sure that reinforcement is a complicated spreadsheet analysis. If I was doing it, it would project a number of outcome scenarios based on revenue expectations and subscriber numbers, all weighed against selected sample Crown allotment increases. That analysis supports 10% (1650), but apparently does not support 13.3% (1700). Hopefully, this means they did not have to add in a "sales price correction" to offset the 10%.

    I am not holding my breath on that last part. I still think they are using this to mask price increases going into 2019.

    I think you're absolutely right.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH long ago ZOS should introduce a new feature - anyone who reaches a fixed CP level, like 800 or 900, and is ESO+ subscriber and decide to buy a 6 months membership, automatically receives an extra 1 month and 1500 crowns as a gift. That would mean extra 250 crowns per month (1750/mo instead of 1500).

    This way many pro players who already stopped subbing because they know how to play without it, would have an incentive to pay again. Now they give nothing to people who hesitate, really doesn't need to sub anymore but could do it because still play the game on a daily basis. Only occassionally ZOS has a pool of such gifts and give them on specific requests raised to support, and I got one in the past, so it is possible :).
    Edited by Gargath on September 13, 2018 8:05AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. Member of Priests of Hircine Werewolf Guild. In ESO since 06.08.2015. CP930+.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well will get it next time, I always renew around halloween and spring,, but also buy crowns has well when needed since the store more often then not only has fun things around Halloween or during events, so my times to renew tend to work anyhow.

    So can wait for this change anyhow, have about 8k crowns sitting on my account right now anyhow, and nothing to spend on.

    Hopefully one day they add a place in homes that allow you to display your outfits and poloymophs woulds glad ly spend crowns on that.

    Have a good day folks
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Oh well will get it next time, I always renew around halloween and spring,, but also buy crowns has well when needed since the store more often then not only has fun things around Halloween or during events, so my times to renew tend to work anyhow.

    So can wait for this change anyhow, have about 8k crowns sitting on my account right now anyhow, and nothing to spend on.

    Hopefully one day they add a place in homes that allow you to display your outfits and poloymophs woulds glad ly spend crowns on that.

    Have a good day folks

    Correct it should be introduced in October so if you are close wait till then to resub.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Copy-paste from the link above:


    Membership’s New Benefits

    Starting on November 13, ESO Plus will include the following additional rewards for all platforms:

    Even More Crowns

    As an ESO Plus member, you will receive an additional 150 Crowns as part of your monthly stipend, bringing your total to 1650 per month. Note that if you are partly though a 3- or 6-month membership, you will be credited your bonus crowns by the end of November.



    As long as a player's membership will be active beyond November 13, they'll get credited 1650 Crowns from that month and ahead for the duration of their membership.

    For an example, buying a six months ESO PLUS membership today, will at least grant you 1500+1650x5=9750 Crowns.

    And if only two days of ESO PLUS in the start of April is enough to grant Crowns for that entire month, you can add another 1650 Crowns to that amount.

    Maybe anyone can confirm if two'ish days of a month is enough to be credited the currently 1500 Crowns for that entire month? I don't have ESO PLUS, so I don't know exxactly how that works o:)
    Also, is it possible to purchase multiple memberships, making them stack in length of time? :o
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

    "Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Sandnessen wrote: »
    As long as a player's membership will be active beyond November 13, they'll get credited 1650 Crowns from that month and ahead for the duration of their membership.

    For an example, buying a six months ESO PLUS membership today, will at least grant you 1500+1650x5=9750 Crowns.

    And if only two days of ESO PLUS in the start of April is enough to grant Crowns for that entire month, you can add another 1650 Crowns to that amount.

    Maybe anyone can confirm if two'ish days of a month is enough to be credited the currently 1500 Crowns for that entire month? I don't have ESO PLUS, so I don't know exxactly how that works o:)
    Also, is it possible to purchase multiple memberships, making them stack in length of time? :o

    I believe you are incorrect. When you (re) subscribed you were credited 1500 crowns per month. If your membership is still active from November 13th, December (and beyond), you’ll be credited the difference of 150 extra crowns per month till your subscription expires/is renewed.

    I could be wrong, but as ZOS has already credited you for your subscription, I can’t see them paying you the full amount again. Also, I don’t believe they will ‘repay’ you. Changes come into effect November 13th, so benefits will be on/after this date.

    Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to automatically receive a bonus of 3,300 crowns because my subscription expires in December. I just can’t see it happening.

    As to stacking memberships, to my knowledge that can’t occur. It’s monthly, 3 monthly or 6 monthly with an automatic renewal.
    Edited by Jazdia on October 3, 2018 5:52AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazdia wrote: »
    Sandnessen wrote: »
    As long as a player's membership will be active beyond November 13, they'll get credited 1650 Crowns from that month and ahead for the duration of their membership.

    For an example, buying a six months ESO PLUS membership today, will at least grant you 1500+1650x5=9750 Crowns.

    And if only two days of ESO PLUS in the start of April is enough to grant Crowns for that entire month, you can add another 1650 Crowns to that amount.

    Maybe anyone can confirm if two'ish days of a month is enough to be credited the currently 1500 Crowns for that entire month? I don't have ESO PLUS, so I don't know exxactly how that works o:)
    Also, is it possible to purchase multiple memberships, making them stack in length of time? :o

    I believe you are incorrect. When you (re) subscribed you were credited 1500 crowns per month. If your membership is still active from November 13th, December (and beyond), you’ll be credited the difference of 150 extra crowns per month till your subscription expires/is renewed.

    I could be wrong, but as ZOS has already credited you for your subscription, I can’t see them paying you the full amount again. Also, I don’t believe they will ‘repay’ you. Changes come into effect November 13th, so benefits will be on/after this date.

    Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to automatically receive a bonus of 3,300 crowns because my subscription expires in December. I just can’t see it happening.

    As to stacking memberships, to my knowledge that can’t occur. It’s monthly, 3 monthly or 6 monthly with an automatic renewal.

    We don't know the details, but we do know that "if you are partly though a 3- or 6-month membership, you will be credited your bonus crowns by the end of November."

    It would be reasonable to assume that an additional 150 Crowns will be credited to each account for every 30 days remaining on the subscription. They have the option to include partials in that by rounding up, which I believe they will do. Whether it will take one day, or 15 days, into the partial month, we will have to see.
    Team Rigurt!

    Elsonso on PC NA and EU since 2014
    ElsonsoJannus on XBOX NA since 2021
    ElsonsoJannus on PS4 NA 2015 - 2021

  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazdia wrote: »
    Sandnessen wrote: »
    As long as a player's membership will be active beyond November 13, they'll get credited 1650 Crowns from that month and ahead for the duration of their membership.

    For an example, buying a six months ESO PLUS membership today, will at least grant you 1500+1650x5=9750 Crowns.

    And if only two days of ESO PLUS in the start of April is enough to grant Crowns for that entire month, you can add another 1650 Crowns to that amount.

    Maybe anyone can confirm if two'ish days of a month is enough to be credited the currently 1500 Crowns for that entire month? I don't have ESO PLUS, so I don't know exxactly how that works o:)
    Also, is it possible to purchase multiple memberships, making them stack in length of time? :o

    I believe you are incorrect. When you (re) subscribed you were credited 1500 crowns per month. If your membership is still active from November 13th, December (and beyond), you’ll be credited the difference of 150 extra crowns per month till your subscription expires/is renewed.

    I could be wrong, but as ZOS has already credited you for your subscription, I can’t see them paying you the full amount again. Also, I don’t believe they will ‘repay’ you. Changes come into effect November 13th, so benefits will be on/after this date.

    Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to automatically receive a bonus of 3,300 crowns because my subscription expires in December. I just can’t see it happening.

    As to stacking memberships, to my knowledge that can’t occur. It’s monthly, 3 monthly or 6 monthly with an automatic renewal.

    We don't know the details, but we do know that "if you are partly though a 3- or 6-month membership, you will be credited your bonus crowns by the end of November."

    It would be reasonable to assume that an additional 150 Crowns will be credited to each account for every 30 days remaining on the subscription.

    To piggy back on this - console players will most likely receive it paid out lump sum right away, as our ESO Plus is also paid out that way. We don't get a "monthly" allotment like PC, it's all dropped on us instantly on sub. I bet PC players will be paid out 150 monthly the same way Plus is paid out to them, but idk.

    I have a year or two more of sub still so I imagine I'll be looking at a nice ~2000-3000 crowns lump sum.
    Edited by lagrue on October 3, 2018 2:17PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

    "You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    We don't get a "monthly" allotment like PC, it's all dropped on us instantly on sub.

    Except for the ability to buy more than 6 months at a time, I don't see how it is different from PC.
    Edited by TankinatorFR on October 4, 2018 7:28AM
Sign In or Register to comment.