The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Suggestion: Flying Mount Solution

• Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

Let's say, the devs implement this whole flying "wayshrine", it will end up like this:
    -Gryphon for 5k crowns in crown shop
    -Billy buys it because "yeah flying mounts... sort of"
    -Billy uses it
    -Flying to a destination, animations of lifting off and landing included, takes minutes
    -After a week or so Billy rarely uses it because it takes too much time
    -Another week passes
    -Billy wants to go Craglorn
    -Billy opens up his trading guild members list, picks his desired destination, "teleport to player"
    -Gryphon "wayshrine" collects dust like the Werewolf and Vampire skill line in the crown store
    There are a lot of costumes, mounts, polymorphs, skins, and other Crown Items that I only use once in a while; I suppose that's why they are called a collection. Keep in mind that this idea isnt solely for crown items, but obtaining unique rewards through PvE and PvP too.

• Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    I like it. As long as they're not for overland mobility, that's an awesome idea. Treat them like the assistants. You summon them from a quickslot and they act like a portable wayshrine. If you have it out, it would follow you around like any other assistant. And while they're at it, they can let us activate the mount "furnishing" in our house to travel out for free. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Oh, no, please, no.

Have you seen the size of the Gryphon? Now imagine 50 players with those things out in any crafting hub. *shivers in terror*

As epic as it would be, it wouldn't fit into an MMO; literally. But maybe in TES6 ;)
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like the old dont do drugs Commercials:

JUST SAY NO TO FLYING MOUNTS

• Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    Like the old dont do drugs Commercials:

JUST SAY NO TO FLYING MOUNTS

Read the OP.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giant Eagle!
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a cool idea. I will glad it use any "kinda hovering" mount in game. For people saying they dont like mounts in stations, simple these will dismount in town stations limits like it happens in keeps of cyrodyll
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giant Eagle!

Ill need to pop a few of my July 4th Costume Colors if they come as mounts. Are eagles in any of TES bestiary lists?
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    View distance is too low for flying mounts. You wouldnt get very far up before you couldnt see the ground for fog.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    View distance is too low for flying mounts. You wouldnt get very far up before you couldnt see the ground for fog.

Read the 1st post =)
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suggested Item:
    New Collection Tab: Flying Mounts

Item Function:
    Allows the player to travel for free, at all times, to a known wayshrine.
    1. Using the mount triggers a visual mount and liftoff, similar to a momento, then enters a zoning screen.
    2. Upon finishing the zoning process, the player lands near the wayshrine with a second visual effect prior to dismounting.

Item Limitations:
    1. Upon activating the mount, your player is rooted.
    2. May not be used in combat.
    3. Porting to another player activates the current mundus visual; as they may be inside a dungeon where a flying mount can't reach.

Reasoning:
    ESO's environment is not built for free flying exploration.
    Allows the possibility for exciting drops and rewards from in-game content.
    Allows the possibility for revenue growth with crown exclusive mounts.
    Removes the outdated and trivial cost of teleporting to wayshrines.
    Easy to implement.

Community Added Ideas:
    Although the player will see both the visual takeoff and landing, the landing should be client side only.
    • This is to prevent large amounts of visual traffic and noise.
    Flying mounts may be placed inside a home to be used as a way to travel out.
    • This should have a unique Furnishing Category and only available in Notable Homes.
    Possible Mounts and Gateways
    1. Bull Netch; Ancestor Moth; Ancient Cliff Strider; Infused Bone Dragon; Gargoyle; Gryphon; Reborn Sunbird
    2. Psijic Portal; Mage Portal; Daedric Portal
    C331qJw.jpg

Special thanks to:
    ZOS_Holden; SidewalkChalk5; SilverIce58; TheShadowScout; Kuramas9tails;

we won't get it coz consoles wouldn't be able to handle it. If it ever did happen it would have to be unavailable in PvP
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I would love to have flying mount I truly doubt it will ever happen but... Why not have gliding mounts? This would have much lower impact on exploration than actual flying, but at the same time it would make gliding mounts very useful and pretty awesome.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hi there @Unknown_Redemption,

Thanks for the suggestion! Flying mounts as a way to use Wayshrines, or status symbol, is a very fun and interesting idea. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee your idea will make it into the game. That being said, we really appreciate the time you took to share your idea with us and hope you will continue share any other feedback or suggestions you may have for us in the future.

Awesome to reply to be honest.

Even 'no' is better than silence !
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Even though I would love to have flying mount I truly doubt it will ever happen but... Why not have gliding mounts? This would have much lower impact on exploration than actual flying, but at the same time it would make gliding mounts very useful and pretty awesome.

Read the 1st post =)
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion! Flying mounts as a way to use Wayshrines, or status symbol, is a very fun and interesting idea. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee your idea will make it into the game. That being said, we really appreciate the time you took to share your idea with us and hope you will continue share any other feedback or suggestions you may have for us in the future.

Awesome to reply to be honest.

Even 'no' is better than silence !

Agreed, I am happy to have any type of acknowledgment.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we won't get it coz consoles wouldn't be able to handle it. If it ever did happen it would have to be unavailable in PvP

This is a travel item, not open exploration.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Wonder if its possible for them to make gliding mounts instead of pure flying like Gw2

No. There is no difference between the two. It is merely semantics.

I came in here wondering how this thread was still alive since the OP's idea is mounts that do not fly but have a load screen. Regardless. ESO will never have flying mounts. It is missing critical elements that make it impossible and it is far from worth it for Zos to make the necessary changes.

To be clear, IDK, this is essentially equivalent to a momento. However, it extends the fantasy of being able to fly; even if thats not what is really happening. Granted, this isnt a philosophical debate, it allows many players to earn more rewards and add a new flavor to the game.

It really doesn’t add more flavor just as it doesn’t add a flying mount.

To be clear. It is nothing more than a momento that provides free travel to wayshrines.

At that? I do expect Zos will add free travel to wayshrines one day via ESO+. The Probably already realize that could be a decent perk to add to the subscription package.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

itd be nice id love to ride a netch around since it techniquelly flys.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be clear. It is nothing more than a momento that provides free travel to wayshrines.

At that? I do expect Zos will add free travel to wayshrines one day via ESO+. The Probably already realize that could be a decent perk to add to the subscription package.

Thank you for the constructive feedback, IDK.

Between my characters' aimless adventuring and trade chat selling, I am teleporting once every few minutes in the game; as many other players do too. Having something like this would, to me, add a lot of flavor. Because as of now, I am just spamming EasyPort.

The reason I extended this solution was to allow the ESO team to pull back the overuse of the above addon, add some new art, make a few bucks off crown items, and to extend free loot in terms of game rewards. It seems like a win/win, which is why I am passionate about this.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the constructive feedback, IDK.

Between my characters' aimless adventuring and trade chat selling, I am teleporting once every few minutes in the game; as many other players do too. Having something like this would, to me, add a lot of flavor. Because as of now, I am just spamming EasyPort.

The reason I extended this solution was to allow the ESO team to pull back the overuse of the above addon, add some new art, make a few bucks off crown items, and to extend free loot in terms of game rewards. It seems like a win/win, which is why I am passionate about this.

Hey, it’s great to think of idea. However, as stated, it’s not a flying mount but my guess is you know that and used the title as click bait. I also think Xos would make this a subscription perk as stated. It makes sense and you migh have helped push that idea.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, it’s great to think of idea. However, as stated, it’s not a flying mount but my guess is you know that and used the title as click bait. I also think Xos would make this a subscription perk as stated. It makes sense and you migh have helped push that idea.

The title is: Suggestion: Flying Mount Solution

It's a solution to give players what they have been asking for which doesnt require a complete overhaul to the game world. In no way was this click bait.
    Edited by Unknown_Redemption on September 4, 2018 6:24PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a nice idea but with many flaws.
    Players didn't ask for this type of implementation of flight.
    What you're proposing is yet another way to teleport to a wayshrine but more elegantly with a short flying mount animation.
    Players wanted to actually able to fly while using a flying mount they control of.
    ZOS has mentioned many times that flying in ESO can't be developed due to the current structure of the game world and how the coding is being done.
    So what you're suggesting is just another way ZOS can make money of players, while players will only receive the short illusion of being able to fly.

If such a feature will be implemented it will annoy many players due to the fact that this flying is not real/not significant and is simply not worth of being in the game.
    This is not a real solution but rather a band aid solution.
    Edited by Universe on September 4, 2018 6:48PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    What you're proposing is yet another way to teleport to a wayshrine but more elegantly with a short flying mount animation.
    Players wanted to actually able to fly while using a flying mount they control of.
    ZOS has mentioned many times that flying in ESO can't be developed due to the current structure of the game world and how the coding is being done.
    So what you're suggesting is just another way ZOS can make money of players, while players will only receive the short illusion of being able to fly.

If such a feature will be implemented it will annoy many players due to the fact that this flying is not real/not significant and is simply not worth of being in the game.

Everything in ESO is illusion and fantasy. It is also suggested that drops are available in the Crown Store and in the game.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Everything in ESO is illusion and fantasy. It is also suggested that drops are available in the Crown Store and in the game.

What I meant is that a short flying animation which only serves as a wayshrine teleportation service is not good enough, at least for me.
    Maybe some will like this short flying animation, but definitely not me :)
    I predict that such a feature will not be appealing to many players as well.
    I wish ZOS could have implemented real flying in ESO, flight that the player can control of, i.e flying mounts but it will never happen, it seems.
    Edited by Universe on September 4, 2018 7:04PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I meant is that a short flying animation which only serve as a wayshrine teleportation service is not good enough, at least for me.
    Maybe some will like this short flying animation, but definitely not me :)
    I predict that such a feature will not be appealing to many players as well.
    I wish ZOS could have implemented real flying in ESO, flight that the player can control of, i.e flying mounts but it will never happen, it seems.

I wish it would be too, but in truth, flying destroys overworld exploration; WoW has not been afraid to admit their regret.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

-Flying to a destination, animations of lifting off and landing included, takes minutes

The take off animation should be about as long as the current Mundus Teleport, which is roughly 8 seconds. At most, the lift off would be about 12 seconds. The landing would only take about 3-5 seconds to look right.

• hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over in SWTOR (sorry I can't remember what the mount was called or what map it was), you could take a large flying taxi to a few points across the map. It was breathaking.

The hot air baloon that you could hop on (Tattooine?) was kinda cool too.

Even if it were a unique taxi on just one map, it would be really cool.

Personally the idea of flying mounts doesn't excite me, but some aerial tours of the best maps would be awesome.
    Edited by hiyde on September 4, 2018 8:08PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The title is: Suggestion: Flying Mount Solution

It's a solution to give players what they have been asking for which doesnt require a complete overhaul to the game world. In no way was this click bait.

But it’s not a flying mount. It’s merely a means to quick travel. It’s certainly not what people want in. Flying mount. Put lipstick on a pig and it’s still a pig.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    Over in SWTOR (sorry I can't remember what the mount was called or what map it was), you could take a large flying taxi to a few points across the map. It was breathaking.

The hot air baloon that you could hop on (Tattooine?) was kinda cool too.

Even if it were a unique taxi on just one map, it would be really cool.

Personally the idea of flying mounts doesn't excite me, but some aerial tours of the best maps would be awesome.

This would be very doable with minimal effort. The art team could simply 'complete' the visual connections between zones so the flight would appear seamless. If they added that, the the flying mount could essentially jump on the same flight paths for a more scenic way to travel.