The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

whelp, sick of Balorgh already

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
we have gone from actual 1v1 fights and a back and forth of balancing pressure, buffs, heals, resources, etc. to doing nothing but running away and dancing around till around 500 ult then burst.

btw if you have not messed around I might recommend something like a stam sorc or warden with balorgh, master axes, asylum 2h, and then any decent gear. its the current roll your face across the keyboard of the month.
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please stop crying about every damn set in this game.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's really intended to that the damage gain comes from consumed ult and not what it costs? Or ZOS just failed to fix it?
    PC EU - DC only
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you let someone dance around until 500 then its on you. They have less burst pressure, lose a monster set bonus that could be more active at lower ult costs, and it is also pretty mediocre for outnumbered scenarios, since you want to ult near enough on CD then.
    ChefZero wrote: »
    So it's really intended to that the damage gain comes from consumed ult and not what it costs? Or ZOS just failed to fix it?
    Its intended, a member from the itemization team verified it.
    Edited by ak_pvp on August 29, 2018 7:39PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's definitely intended to function that way--it reads "ultimate consumed" vs the "per point of the ult's cost" used on sets that scale off of cost.

I don't think it's a particularly balanced set atm, but I do think it's working as intended.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Face the reality that +1000 damage from a proc is severely unbalanced so it's best done the way it is. +500 for some common charged ultimate abilities is on par with set bonuses so it seems legit to me. I'm sure it'll get nerfed down once someone advertises their rapid ultimate gen damage combo.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    If you let someone dance around until 500 then its on you. They have less burst pressure, lose a monster set bonus that could be more active at lower ult costs, and it is also pretty mediocre for outnumbered scenarios, since you want to ult near enough on CD then.

if someone wants to dance around and not engage in the current meta, they darn well can and there is not much you can do about it. full swift (or only 2 depending on build) imovable / speed / stam pots, and sprinting puts you at the speed cap. and your only giving up a 2 piece monster bonus that's hardly make or break the rest of your build.

as someone who also runs full swift and can hit the move speed cap it is in fact just dancing around, its hard to get any sort of hits in and with the nerfs to defile and defile sets everyone got proxy tanky thanks to heals being amazing again.

its very easy to weave around the environment and los and having no problem healing through the occasional damage that does hit you and simply wait for your 500 ult and then trash anyone still chasing you, and its not like the bonus only lasts a few seconds, its got a 10 sec uptime after ult, that is MORE than enough to 1vX anyone still around you.

this set is dumb because its promoting NOT FIGHTING, people are just running away for a few minutes then fighting for a few seconds then running away again
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, balance is an analogy coming from Libra. It's in balance regardless of whether it's 1 gram or 1 ton on both sides. But isn't stil balance in games. Maybe ZOS have to learn that. :p
    PC EU - DC only
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have a (serious)question. Lets say Im a bomb blade emp and Im constantly rolling my destro ult and getting 500 ultimate. Will all that spell damge stack from constant use? Like, I roll it 4 times back to back or something aong those lines.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have a (serious)question. Lets say Im a bomb blade emp and Im constantly rolling my destro ult and getting 500 ultimate. Will all that spell damge stack from constant use? Like, I roll it 4 times back to back or something aong those lines.

Of course. I didn't see anything mentioned about a cooldown.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    Face the reality that +1000 damage from a proc is severely unbalanced so it's best done the way it is. +500 for some common charged ultimate abilities is on par with set bonuses so it seems legit to me. I'm sure it'll get nerfed down once someone advertises their rapid ultimate gen damage combo.

As opposed to say Kena which you can proc willy nilly as opposed to having to wait to build your ulti up?
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this set work with werewolf and how long does it last? The latter might be the better question
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this set work with werewolf and how long does it last? The latter might be the better question

It lasts about 10 seconds but when you transform that is another second or two lost.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It lasts about 10 seconds but when you transform that is another second or two lost.

Oh okay, that’s not that good. You’d think it would favor werewolves but nope.

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I melted a magsorc with 12k shooting star yesterday as magsorc with Balorgh. It's amazing on both magsorc and magDK. Haven't tested it out on mageblade though.

Bite me!
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like with that set were gonna see a resurface of invigorating drain too, that's what caught my attention on a mag build. I use to love it on mdk.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha this is insane. I couldn't bring myself to care when I thought the set only gave 2x ulti COST but it actually gives 500x2?? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard ZoS wtf
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it different from turteling until Zaan procs? Except of the lower cd and higher potential dmg from Zaan ...
    As long monster sets like Zaan, Skoria, Earthgore, ... exists, any set that gives raw stats instead of dmg/heal procs needs to be "op" to be an equal alternative.
    Edited by Rianai on August 30, 2018 10:37AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »

Haha this is insane. I couldn't bring myself to care when I thought the set only gave 2x ulti COST but it actually gives 500x2?? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard ZoS wtf

You have to be in combat pretty long to save 500 ult so its only strong for a very small percentage of the time.

Its not like you constantly get hit by ults that consume 500 ult points.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The uptime argument really doesn't work, imo--Balorgh IS pretty balanced in controlled 1 on 1s, or in large, organic fights, BGs, etc. etc....

It's imbalanced for ganking if you save up 500 ult. Wildly so. It's imbalanced for bombing out of stealth. It being pretty balanced in every other context doesn't give it a free pass in two situations where it overperforms.
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even think this set is a huge deal, but everyone should be aware at this point that this is pretty much the norm for new content. New DLC usually has some over-tuned sets that come with it = more incentive for people to buy it. They'll probably balance it down a little towards the end of the year. Have some fun with it while it's new.

Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balorg with clever alchemist and bone pirate on a medium stam warden is insanity...... permafrost, clever alchemist proc, bird of prey, deadly cloak, sub assault, steel tornado is just.... unreal... I'm literally wiping entire groups with it in Bgs. 2 quad kills with one ultimate..... it basically will give you 6,000 weapon power with 5,000 spell power for the duration of your permafrost. So not only are you hitting everyone with undodgable hard hitting aoe damage, you also have major protection lol
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The uptime argument really doesn't work, imo--Balorgh IS pretty balanced in controlled 1 on 1s, or in large, organic fights, BGs, etc. etc....

It's imbalanced for ganking if you save up 500 ult. Wildly so. It's imbalanced for bombing out of stealth. It being pretty balanced in every other context doesn't give it a free pass in two situations where it overperforms.

It is not stronger for ganking than Veli, Zaan or Caluurion. And if bombers are an issue, simply stop zerging :P
    As long op dmg procs exist, op stat sets should exist too so there are good alternatives for those who don't like the former.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

It is not stronger for ganking than Veli, Zaan or Caluurion. And if bombers are an issue, simply stop zerging :P
    As long op dmg procs exist, op stat sets should exist too so there are good alternatives for those who don't like the former.

I literally use it to bomb and gank.

I think it's a super cool idea for a set. Ultimate pool should be utilized in more creative ways, it's such a core part of gameplay that rarely gets any love--but 1k extra spell/weapon damage on every bomb is over the top (shoutout to the wolves of Cyrodil).
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Balorg with clever alchemist and bone pirate on a medium stam warden is insanity...... permafrost, clever alchemist proc, bird of prey, deadly cloak, sub assault, steel tornado is just.... unreal... I'm literally wiping entire groups with it in Bgs. 2 quad kills with one ultimate..... it basically will give you 6,000 weapon power with 5,000 spell power for the duration of your permafrost. So not only are you hitting everyone with undodgable hard hitting aoe damage, you also have major protection lol

Pretty sure I ran into one of these in cyro the fight was going well then the stamden somehow gained the power of the Gods and completly nuked me out of nowhere :D
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

I run this on my StamSorc. Hilariously awesome set up in both CP and no CP.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys do realize a ZoS solution will be to lower total ult possible right?

So this is now a Nerf sorc thread lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys do realize a ZoS solution will be to lower total ult possible right?

So this is now a Nerf sorc thread lol

meh, I think they left the ratio high on purpose to push sales, it will most likely get reduced to reasonable levels after the initial sale spike is over.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to 100k soul assaulers.

It's 1k unbuffed wpn dmg and spell dmg, people keep stating 1k but they should really do the maths for it properly.

It's 1200 at the very least just with brutality or sorcery.

Medium gets 12%

Classes such a stamplar get extra 6%

Fighters guild etc..

Gonna be great getting melted by soul assaults from magplar heal bots who go from hitting me with 800 dmg sweeps to 4k soul assault ticks.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's 1k unbuffed wpn dmg and spell dmg, people keep stating 1k but they should really do the maths for it properly.

Medium gets 12%

Fighters guild etc..

Gonna be great getting melted by soul assaults from magplar heal bots who go from hitting me with 800 dmg sweeps to 4k soul assault ticks.

I had 100k pre Bal

But makes me wonder what I can get it to now....

Bal x2
    Moon-hunter 3 jewelry 1 body
    Alchemist 4 body

Back bar dw alchemist 1 and moon 1, poison slotted

Front bar Torug staff (I think spell dmg modifiers would make the spell dmg worth a bit more than willpower, but if not willpower) Nirn, beserk glyph

Proc everything backbar,
    Swap front, 500 ult

Gotta be around 150k I'd guess
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Medium gets 12%

Fighters guild etc..

I had 100k pre Bal

But makes me wonder what I can get it to now....

Bal x2
    Moon-hunter 3 jewelry 1 body
    Alchemist 4 body

Back bar dw alchemist 1 and moon 1, poison slotted

Front bar Torug staff (I think spell dmg modifiers would make the spell dmg worth a bit more than willpower, but if not willpower) Nirn, beserk glyph

Proc everything backbar,
    Swap front, 500 ult

Gotta be around 150k I'd guess

Front bar maelstrom dw if it still works. Flurry then nuke.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.