The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"Pretty cool stuff" coming for housing :)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love more reasons to actually use my houses. With the extra load screens involved, I've been moving away from parking my characters in their houses. If we could port to any wayshrine without a gold cost, that would help, as some of the houses for my characters aren't in a major city, so I either port to a house that is, or exit the house, ride to the closest wayshrine and port from there.

Another option, especially for a lot of alts who do crafting writs, is to have an NPC writ courier, who would pick up the daily writs and then deliver the finished products for you. Or, have a writ board and writ turn-in box. These could cost a lot of vouchers and require the achievement to complete so many writs. Or, they could cost 5k crowns like the other assistants. Give me a reason to use the crafting areas I've created in my homes!

On a related note, either allow the banker and merchant expanded functions while placed in our homes, or create new NPCs to purchase for those functions. An armorer NPC to repair armor, and a guildsman NPC to handle our guild needs.
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I park my characters in their homes when I log them out. I want them to be able to lie down on (use) their beds, maybe even tying the two together, so that lying down to sleep logs that character out in a single action. Then they'd get up when I log them back in.

That would be incredibly neat.
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    A few have already raised it, but the delay porting out of a house is enough to make me think twice about dropping in. If houses behaved more like wayshrines in this respect, and you could still teleport in for free from anywhere, but also teleport out to another wayshrine, that would be super.

I love the idea of logging out by going to sleep in a bed. Classy. I will bring my own duvet.

Domestic staff just have to be provided. How can a girl adventure all day and then come home and hace to do all the housework? Have ZOS tried finding a child’s lost sock in that grotto? The place is huge! The devs are hopeless etc :)

Being able to put my mementos in display cabinets would be awesome.

What about being able to put spare armour sets on mannequins in the hall? So medieval, darling, love that axe through the helmet.

More prestocked shelves and tables would help the item limits.

On console, having target dummies that told me how much dps I was doing would be nice, if only to prove to my children that I am not completely hopeless.

A mirror so I could admire myself o:)
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see clothing outfit dummies like you can see in the one house in Suran in Vvardenfell
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    (One more time)

I'd like a variety of NPCs (normal ones, not creepy ones) to place in my houses. I'd even pay for it.

I'd like to have the ability to place my alts around in the house like pets can be placed currently. I'd pay for it.

The above posts about access improvement and house functionality are also relevant issues. There are many good suggestions. Let's see what happens.
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    Naming my House would be cool

Doors would be nice, There are many rooms I would like to put doors/curtains onto.

Armor Stands would be pretty cool. After an epic battle, or you've crafted a masterpiece Set of Armor you can put it on display.

Certain deco objects also becoming storage spaces.
    Nightstands, Armories, Dressers, Trunks, Desks, Cupboards Barrels, Crates, Kegs. Would really make them useful than just being a pleasing aesthetic.
    You know places to put the clothing you've laundered, recipes, or your provisions, your wine/beer, for when you want to throw a keg party.

Would make the items their worth in Crowns.

I'd pay for NPCs in my House too

- Shady Khajiit Fence NPC
    - A Nord Chef
    - Lion Guards (Sparing Dummies)
    - A Banker
    - Stable Master

I would love to place my alternative characters In the house.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    I'd love to see clothing outfit dummies like you can see in the one house in Suran in Vvardenfell

Oh yes, and when you interact with them, it lets you change into that costume. (Like the Thieves Guild quest).
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want weapon cases real bad that I can place weapons in different motifs I can craft. I have a black Smith house with a huge forge but the store part looks empty bc the lack of weapons you can place or make out of other items.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think too many are treating this as a wish list.

I have heard from someone who watched the Twitch thing say something about a grouping tool. So if you have a table with food and drinks on it and want to move it, you can group it all together instead of having to move it all individually.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever it is, it's going to cost crowns.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    MOAR STUFF U CAN BUY WITH CROWNNNNSSSSSSSsssss!!!!!!!!
    7u0k2ejdw2kd.gif

In all seriousness though, I’d LOVE to see a full armoury with the ability to dress mannequins based off the outfit system.

Edited by Nerdrage9000 on September 12, 2018 10:04PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little info in today's Update 20 Preview:
    Now, when using the Housing Editor, you can select and move multiple items at once, allowing you to effortlessly shift entire scenes. To help you build the perfect home, we’ve also added an undo function when using the Housing Editor, allowing you to quickly revert a change you made. Finally, we’re also adding a new furnishing type: Music Boxes. Now, you are able to enjoy some of the sounds of Tamriel while relaxing at home!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • SofiDesune
    SofiDesune
    ✭✭✭✭
    More NPCs
    More Furniture slots because it is needed
    Placable music instruments
    More painting furniture.
    Weapon and gear racks.

Pls <3
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    The grouping tool sounds great, but the music box makes me sad. Not that they won't be nice, and I'll probably get one, but I suspect this means we will never get a bard for the house like we had in Skyrim.

*edited for early morning typing. >.<
    Edited by Alexsae on September 14, 2018 1:37PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they allow air B&B's.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dammit. The music box is, literally, a box :|
    I don't know why, but I was hoping for something more exotic or mystical.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slots. More slots. Everything else is superfluous until more slots.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy with a copy/paste of Old mistvail manor put in a snowy area of eastmarch, but with a slightly bigger plot of land with a windmill.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That snow globe, that's some pretty cool stuff :)
    PC EU