The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"Pretty cool stuff" coming for housing :)

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Re-posting here in housing forums in case you missed it.
New Lead Gameplay Designer Rob Garrett had this to say in another thread;
Zypheran wrote: »
Do you also oversee housing?
Housing is one of the features the Systems team is responsible for, so yes. We're cooking up some pretty cool stuff on that front, so stay tuned!

I know it's not much info but any indications of love for housing is welcome.
So, what's your speculations??
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool eh?

Perhaps a snow khajiit to place in the garden?

Nothing it could possibly be cooler no?

Unless it was a snow ball of yarn!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a fridge. He means a fridge.
    PC EU
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm curious now what they could be adding.... hope it something useful
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things that need to be done with housing:

- Increased population cap to ALL houses
    - Bard/Music box items/npc's that can be used to play music in the homes
    - More small/medium sized homes (Not everybody wants a mansion)
    - Ability to set player home officially as a guild hall
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know nothing... >:)
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I park my characters in their homes when I log them out. I want them to be able to lie down on (use) their beds, maybe even tying the two together, so that lying down to sleep logs that character out in a single action. Then they'd get up when I log them back in.
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued as to what houses are coming out after Murkmire. We had the new houses in the DLC locations of the Gold Coast, Hew's Bane and Wrothgar after Clockwork City. I'm hoping we get some new houses in the likes of Rivenspire between Murkmire and next years new chapter.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for bringing this to the housing forum's attention.

My main wish is for a plot of land in a sunny location.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After all this time waiting, anything short of more item slots leaves me completely unimpressed, unexcited, and unmotivated.
    Edited by Livvy on August 27, 2018 11:37PM
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love love love to own a home on the coast with an actual view of the ocean
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharalei wrote: »
    Thank you for bringing this to the housing forum's attention.

My main wish is for a plot of land in a sunny location.

Totally agree. Now that we have some proper structural items it would be nice to get a simple plot of land.
    A few more structural items would also be well received
    - thin, large, wooden floor pieces
    - narrow wooden stairs
    - roof components
    - doorways with a square/rectangular outer profile
    Basically if the housing designers looked at what they use to build houses, compared it to what we have and said "Ah, I see what's missing!"
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better Guild halls

Guild bank / Store access - Even via an assistant, id pay 5k for.

Mannequin to save your sets, skills, CP for fast switch. (in house to stop exploits / on the move switch)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Better Guild halls

Guild bank / Store access - Even via an assistant, id pay 5k for.

Mannequin to save your sets, skills, CP for fast switch. (in house to stop exploits / on the move switch)

I think the mannequins could be possibility. They seem to be getting closer with each patch to introducing them and weapon racks.
    We now have (in game at least) mannequins, weapon racks and now staff racks
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Aside from the CP part, if players are on PC (I do see that you're not, and I'm sorry about that), the "AlphaGear" addon will do this. I love it. Makes play so much more dynamic.
    Edited by Kiyakotari on August 28, 2018 11:29AM
  • Sassparella501
    Sassparella501
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I park my characters in their homes when I log them out. I want them to be able to lie down on (use) their beds, maybe even tying the two together, so that lying down to sleep logs that character out in a single action. Then they'd get up when I log them back in.

This
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Set primary residence based on character rather than account, or some kind of drop down so people could choose what house to visit. There are add-ons that do this...
    • Co-ownership or additional permission tiers to allow others to drop/place furnishings. Add only people you trust, accept personal responsibility for that choice.
    • More "filled" furnishings to help cut down on item caps (bookcases, tables with place settings, nightstands with clutter).
    • More clutter in general - weapons, armor, musical instruments, etc. I see them in the world everywhere - why can't we have them for our home.
    • More structural items that aren't either janky warped planks, clockwork or white marble
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    If they just give me a bard, my ESO life will be complete.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless it’s weapon and gear furnishings (including weapon racks and Armor mannequins) or boat furnishings (bigger than a fishing boat smaller than a ship, like a rowboat or something) then I’m afraid it won’t be cool to me, it’ll just be more housing items for me to skip
    :neutral:
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on August 28, 2018 3:44PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see some sort of better tracking in game of what furnishings you have collected through achievements. Similar to how Motif Achievements work.

Also some fancy title for collecting hundreds of furnishing recipes... "Grand Master IKEA store" or some such. ;-)
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - more furnishing space (especially needed for large, notable homes)
    - more 'special' furnishing space (NPCs, mounts, and pets)
    - guild bank and guild store access, via the Banker NPC or something else
    - allow the merchant NPC to repair your armor, and remove the 35% fee from the thief NPC
    - a way-shrine/transit system (e.g. when you go to leave and 'exit' your home through the main entrance, you should get a menu/prompt to either go outside (outside wherever your home is physically located) OR the option to go to your world-map, to teleport to any of your known/discovered way-shrines.
    (Conversely, you can already freely teleport to your own home(s) via the world map at any time, so I don't know why the above feature is not already implemented.)
    - ability to control day/night/weather settings in your home (homes are an instanced zone, after all)
    - more interactive furnishings and effects (other than lights)
    - ability to turn on PvP combat inside housing, other than duels
    - a better system to purchase exclusive luxury furnishings that does not require waiting several weeks, several months, or even up to an entire year (Weekend Luxury Vendor -- what a waste -- this system could be greatly improved and offer many more offerings per weekend -- please double or triple what the Vendor currently offers each week and cut the wait-time in half or thirds -- PLEASE -- ZOS keeps adding more and more new Luxury furnishings, and the wait-time gets even longer for other stuff)

@ZOS_RobGarrett
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 28, 2018 7:40PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    I know nothing... >:)

You are KILLING me, RK.

I am dead.
  • BurningLance
    BurningLance
    ✭✭
    i would like to see more special furnishing like more npcs in different races like what been mentioned like bards and maybe one who sweeps, maybe guard like npcs who walk a set path, bar wenches who walks around with drinks

would certainly liven up certain huge houses.

also would like to see the furnishing cap raised for the huge notable houses... 700 with eso+ is not enough.... maybe raise the max to 1000 at first to test the water so go say and maybe in the future maybe raise it a little more or add in an option to buy ''kits'' to raise the cap by 50-100 with crowns to a max limit and it will be for only the house one picks.

oh speaking of water maybe a special furnishing which have various school of fish swiming in the water for notable houses with big areas of water.

maybe a marlin swimming around that jumps at random.

i know it should be possible its just a matter of time and resource
    Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!

PSN:BurningLance_2
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh speaking of water maybe a special furnishing which have various school of fish swiming in the water for notable houses with big areas of water.

Slaughterfish? >:)
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    Just to know they are cooking some love for the Housing community has made my day. <3 Can't wait to see what they are making for us!
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    After all this time waiting, anything short of more item slots leaves me completely unimpressed, unexcited, and unmotivated.

This. I especially want a lot more Special Collections slots so I can finally put out all my mounts and pets.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's more than just the music boxes that have been mentioned.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I almost forgot:
    - make mounting possible for 'outside areas' in large/notable homes, homes like the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto take forever to walk around (idk what takes longer: mounting from map-end point to map-end point in Cyrodiil, or walking from point-to-point inside the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto... both are miserable, take your pick!)
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "pretty cool stuff" is just the same advertising pulp all developers share occassionaly so the players "stay tuned".
    Nothing to be excited really.
    Edited by Gargath on August 29, 2018 6:09AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • BurningLance
    BurningLance
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Slaughterfish? >:)

hmm placeable slaughterfish that attacks anyone within a radius even in ''safe'' waters..... ooooh yes >:)>:)
    Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!

PSN:BurningLance_2
  • kaldrihjarta
    kaldrihjarta
    ✭✭
    I really hope it's more structural items!